Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

I'm downgrading my prediction to 2-1. We'll ship our token goal and I can see us going 2-0 up, cruising, but not pressing home our advantage sufficiently.

I also refuse to believe you winning can happen because regarding that actually happening, I unfortunately made a rash claim involving myself, running down my road, and nudity. Hmm.

:mackems:

Guest Roger Kint

Has virtually no technical ability in kicking a football, shockingly stupid idea to play him in the centre. I dont need to watch the inevitably painful sight of it to know that.

I'm downgrading my prediction to 2-1. We'll ship our token goal and I can see us going 2-0 up, cruising, but not pressing home our advantage sufficiently.

I also refuse to believe you winning can happen because regarding that actually happening, I unfortunately made a rash claim involving myself, running down my road, and nudity. Hmm.

:mackems:

:lol: 

Again with Jonas off the front man?

What the hell is with some peope, seriously?

All well and good knocking suggestions, but if you don't have many alternatives in that position why not?

People saying Jonas should be on the wing or nothing need to take a look at his assists and general crossing ability; He'd be better just behind Carroll dragging players out of position.

All well and good knocking suggestions, but if you don't have many alternatives in that position why not?

People saying Jonas should be on the wing or nothing need to take a look at his assists and general crossing ability; He'd be better just behind Carroll dragging players out of position.

Ben Arfa is a fairly good alternative ffs.

Everton manager David Moyes admits his side were second best following their 1-0 home defeat to Newcastle.

The Toffees put in a poor display at Goodison Park as a fine strike from Hatem Ben Arfaseparated the two teams on the stroke of half-time.

It means Everton stay second-bottom in the Premier League after managing only two points from five games and Moyes concedes it was a bad display.

"We never started the game well and we gave Newcastle a little bit of the initiative," he told Sky Sports.

"I always felt it would come back, that we would get into it, but in the end we never did.

"We had a short spell in the second half where we got a little bit better, but overall you have to praise Newcastle.

"They did a god job, played well, and took all the three points deservedly."

Jermaine Beckford and Tony Hibbert were replaced at half-time by Yakubu and Seamus Coleman, and Everton did put in a better show after the break.

Improvement

Moyes added: "I don't know if it was the players but it couldn't have got any worse than in the first half.

"I think if I'd have kept the same players on we would have probably had a similar performance.

"You would have expected it to improve. I was hoping to get in at half-time 0-0, but it wasn't to be.

"We had two chances in stoppage-time but apart from that there were no other chances.

"I think we might have had a half-chance with Leon Osman in the first half but I can't think of another chance in the game today."

Everton suffered a poor start to the campaign last term but Moyes believes they have what it takes to turn things around.

When asked how to stop the rot, he remarked: "Just go about our job and keep doing it.

"We've been a good side over the years and I'm sure we'll show that by the end of the season."

Thought Tiote looked decent, but he hasn't got great vision and won't be pinging 50 yard crossfield balls about. That said, he played to his strengths and kept it simple, didn't do a lot wrong all game and a massive step up from Smith.

The less "Hollywood" balls the better. That mess costs you posession. Nicky Butt was always forcing the issue with that nonsense. Maintain posession with short accurate passes, and pass and move.

Ben Arfa is a fairly good alternative ffs.

Yes but if he's better down the left than Jonas then it makes sense to keep him there.

Or you could have Routledge just behind Carroll and stick Jonas out right.  Pace up with Carroll is what is needed.