Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

Two points about Shola that were highlighted last night - firstly, his heading has improved in the last couple of seasons.

Secondly - and I wish this aspect of his game was acknowledged more often - although his first touch is poor, once he does get the ball under control and can turn and face a defence, he can cause problems. He can take the ball away from defenders with surprisingly good footwork and get us free kicks in good positions, feed in other players or - as last night - get a shot in himself.

Oh and a third point - he never hides.

I'd add to that Shola has always had a strange ability to come good in a big game when it really matters and make a positive contribution. (derby matches, big European away games, Forest last season etc)

Some of the hysterical criticism he gets on here is crazy. We all know Shola can look awful at times but right now he is a better and stronger player than he has been at any point in his career and I can't think of any club which wouldn't want him as a squad player - which is what he has become for us since the ascendancy of Andy Carrol.

Aye, thats why Id be tempted to put him in against the Mackems after his past exploits against them; who can ever forget the great 'shoulder header'!?!?

The Boro & SAFC hate playing against the Derby Day Destroyer.

Guest Geordiesned

Has our match been on yet? Just put it on.

why not watch it on iplayer?

I watched it live and then the highlights last night. Just wanted to see Sky's take on it as well. :D

Guest elbee909

Caught the shitrag Evening Standard on the way home.  It was all about how Chelsea's "reserves" lost, they barely even mentioned anything about Newcastle and the fact they were fielding quite a few reserves as well, thanks.  Fucking London rags, just full of shit.

Carlo's post match interview, some of the press, the Chelsea fans - they talk as if we weren't even there :lol:

"Chelsea fielded reserves" "Great fightback" "Terrible injuries" "Great youngsters shining through"

Just point out that the Chelsea team had a combined 374 international caps, and we had four players starting who have never started a PL game. The result as much as it was a good one for us was an embarassment for Chelsea and its featured players.

Exactly.

Don't even know why I've bothered to respond again. They're barely football fans.

Guest alijmitchell

Anyone seen the overweight bald guy with the yellow away top on in the celebrations? Same guy each time on the steps, some pretty funny celebrating right there, looks like he's been zapped with a cattle prod!

http://www.lespetitsapins.eu/images/ferry.jpg

http://www.international-chocolates.com/i/ferrerorocher3.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2008/06/25/ferreira460.jpg

http://www.gothamdreamcars.com/images/Ferrari/ferrari-360-spider-1.jpg

Comment on F365

"Fair play to Newcastle. Great banter from their fans. When we equalised we sang "that's why we're champions" (with arrogance which is starting to become a little too familiar, come on lads, we're not gooners). Then they went 2-1 and sang the same song! Then "stand up if your champions", etc. If you're gonna lose at home, then do it in style, against the best away fans ever."

Anyone seen the overweight bald guy with the yellow away top on in the celebrations? Same guy each time on the steps, some pretty funny celebrating right there, looks like he's been zapped with a cattle prod!

Hahah, yes, he was great.

Guest elbee909

Just point out that the Chelsea team had a combined 374 international caps, and we had four players starting who have never started a PL game. The result as much as it was a good one for us was an embarassment for Chelsea and its featured players.

Exactly.

Don't even know why I've bothered to respond again. They're barely football fans.

They're a twattish bunch of spoilt cunts, is how it looks.