NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't mind Stoke too much. Its basic football, but its a great example of playing to strengths and what teamwork and understanding can accomplish. I'd be gutted if the Toon played that way, but its still a good case study. Whereas Tottenham are just despicable and house Harry Redknapp - over glorified Toon of the South.

You would be disapointed because Newcastle are a good side, always have bin always will be. Think going down last year was needed for you lot just a reality check but don't worry now you'll be up there with the big boys again soon. As for Stoke - When we see someone hoof the ball and we score from it we think it's mint because we've had no success for years apart from Promotion from Division 2 play off winners and the Auto windscreen trophy in 2000, To see us playing against the likes of Newcastle, united, CHelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool it's amazing. When we got you in the fa cup 07-08 season that was quality for us a big team like castle down the brit and now we play you in a normal league game just makes you proud to how far we've come so we don't give a f*** about playing longball or scoring from throwins i know it's not the prettyest tactic but it's simple and it works.

Can imagine like. You lot always sound loud on the telly.

Agreed, imo Stoke have the best fans in the league. If they played better football, they would be a club that i wouldn't mind doing well.

horrible place in general and horrible fans, one of the last places you can go to and need your fight radar on the go. it's a astaffordshire sunderland.

Don't mind Stoke too much. Its basic football, but its a great example of playing to strengths and what teamwork and understanding can accomplish. I'd be gutted if the Toon played that way, but its still a good case study. Whereas Tottenham are just despicable and house Harry Redknapp - over glorified Toon of the South.

You would be disapointed because Newcastle are a good side, always have bin always will be. Think going down last year was needed for you lot just a reality check but don't worry now you'll be up there with the big boys again soon. As for Stoke - When we see someone hoof the ball and we score from it we think it's mint because we've had no success for years apart from Promotion from Division 2 play off winners and the Auto windscreen trophy in 2000, To see us playing against the likes of Newcastle, united, CHelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool it's amazing. When we got you in the fa cup 07-08 season that was quality for us a big team like castle down the brit and now we play you in a normal league game just makes you proud to how far we've come so we don't give a f*** about playing longball or scoring from throwins i know it's not the prettyest tactic but it's simple and it works.

Can imagine like. You lot always sound loud on the telly.

Agreed, imo Stoke have the best fans in the league. If they played better football, they would be a club that i wouldn't mind doing well.

horrible place in general and horrible fans, one of the last places you can go to and need your fight radar on the go. it's a astaffordshire sunderland.

I'm not denying it is a shithole, i can't realy comment and yes i have noticed that some of their fans seem to have chips on their shoulders but they are brilliant in terms of the suport they give their team .

Agreed, but the same horrible bastards are totally different away from football, a lot of them are actually canny people.

Fair point and that goes as a black mark against them but they are brilliant at home.

Try walking around Stoke with a Newcastle shirt on when we play at the Britannia, I think you'll change your mind.

:clap: I hate that style of play but good on ya.

Won't be able to see the match tomorrow as I'm out all day, hopefully we get a comfortable win as 10 points after the first two months would be a quality start.

Stoke fan site reckons:

Krul

Perch  Coloccini  Williamson  Enrique

Barton  Tiote  Nolan  Routledge

Carroll  Ben Arfa

:lol:

Right personnel at least. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

It will be hard but a positive start could make all the difference. Blackpool was too casual(or simply fucking shit) they need to come out with the right attitude and take the game to them like they did with Villa and Everton/Wolves to an extent

Fair point and that goes as a black mark against them but they are brilliant at home.

Try walking around Stoke with a Newcastle shirt on when we play at the Britannia, I think you'll change your mind.

(at home atleast)

I don't think i would. I am not saying they are brilliant at welcoming other fans and i have heard that isn't a friendly place to go for away fans  i'm just saying that for the support they give their team i can't think of anyone better which is what i personally judge them on . If you were to include, their freindliness and hospitality of other teams then they wouldn't be in the top 10 from what i have heard. but purely on noise and giving their team inspiration then i think they are the best.

I don't think i would. I am not saying they are brilliant at welcoming other fans and i have heard that isn't a friendly place to go for away fans  i'm just saying that for the support they give their team i can't think of anyone better which is what i personally judge them on . If you were to include, their freindliness and hospitality of other teams then they wouldn't be in the top 10 from what i have heard. but purely on noise and giving their team inspiration then i think they are the best.

They are noisey, I'll give you that.

They reckon we'll win 2-0. :aww:

Didn't actually realise Stoke have lost both their away games so far and only scored one goal.

The pessimist in me just says that means they're due a good result.

I said that about Everton. And they're still waiting for their first win :lol:

They reckon we'll win 2-0. :aww:

Didn't actually realise Stoke have lost both their away games so far and only scored one goal.

The pessimist in me just says that means they're due a good result.

I said that about Everton. And they're still waiting for their first win :lol:

Wait untill we play them again.

Anyway this game is a great example of games we have to win. It's a team who will be around where we will be hoping to finish but not only that it's a game in which we only gained 1 point from last season after throwing away a 2 goal lead. We need to be beating the likes of Stoke at home this season. Stokes only real threat is from set pieces, so basically we can't give them any. We need to keep possession a lot, and take not of the little things, for example if you have to hit the ball out for a throw in try to get it further up the pitch then in our own area.

This game is hard to predict, if we get going like we did against Everton then we could win 3-0, if we only just out do them in game play then we could win by the odd goal or have a Blackpool type result.

Like anyone else on here though I'd take any win against them.

After yesterday's results, esp WBA winning at the Emirates, we need to win this match. West Ham also won and we need to keep picking up the points esp at SJP where, if we lose today, other sides will perceive a weakness in our home tactics.

Always a tough game physically, the team need to impose itself on Stoke early, both to keep the fans happy and to prevent the visitors' confidence from growing.

I will be delighted with any sort of win, but a defeat would be a disaster from the point of view of confidence among both players and fans...we do NOT need a situation where SJP becomes a liability rather than an asset....

A win is essential on so many levels after the Blackpool debacle. Not least to avoid a swing in home fortunes, quite often you see a club that plays well away from home only to inexplicably play crap at home. After our long run (26 games without loss wasn't it?) the last thing we need is two bad home results on the bounce. Win this though and it won't take long before everyone, pundits included, are viewing that Blackpool game as a blip.