Carling Cup fourth round - Arsenal (h) Pre-Match Thread

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm almost certain it'll be Vuckic on the left & Routledge on the right.

Doubt it. Routledge and Guthrie will be the wingers IMO.

Vuckic isn't the most mobile and has been shunted onto the wing before. Playing him in the middle of a 4-4-2 against Arsenal alongside Smith is just asking for trouble.

And playing with our best players on the bench isn't?!?

:lol: My name's Jonny Hall and I hate squad rotation. I'm in the "save players for the mackems game" camp so I obviously have a different opinion on the team to you, i.e. I am happy, you are furious.

Vuckic isn't the most mobile and has been shunted onto the wing before. Playing him in the middle of a 4-4-2 against Arsenal alongside Smith is just asking for trouble.

:lol: My name's Jonny Hall and I hate squad rotation. I'm in the "save players for the mackems game" camp so I obviously have a different opinion on the team to you, i.e. I am happy, you are furious.

I'm just saying, if he's rotated the squad, his last thoughts are going to be with how bad a midfield pairing of Vuckic and Smith will be - if he was that concerned, he'd have played Barton and Tiote.

Not particularly confident having seen the teams. Hopefully it'll be a comfortable 2-0 rather than a 4-0 raping when we give up.

be fine man. Even if we do go down 2-0, the super subs will come on and save the day :thup:

I'm just saying, if he's rotated the squad, his last thoughts are going to be with how bad a midfield pairing of Vuckic and Smith will be - if he was that concerned, he'd have played Barton and Tiote.

Well no, it's been demonstrated in this thread how many different connotations this 11 could line up, so he has options and can pick the best position for each of this 11. It's not like he throws 11 names down on the page and goes "well, that'll have to do then."

And yeah, Disco, cards in the League Cup and FA Cup apply to the league games.

:thup: straight away do you know? or do they still have the 7-10 days thing or is that only if we appeal?

As far as I know, it's just straight away. But I'm not positive on that.

Not particularly confident having seen the teams. Hopefully it'll be a comfortable 2-0 rather than a 4-0 raping when we give up.

be fine man. Even if we do go down 2-0, the super subs will come on and save the day :thup:

You make it sound like they don't have Fabregas and Arshavin on their bench.

Well they're not gonna put Fabregas and Arshaving on if they're 2-0 up are they. :)

Well they're not gonna put Fabregas and Arshaving on if they're 2-0 up are they. :)

They might reconsider when it's 2-2 though :laugh:

They might reconsider when it's 2-2 though :laugh:

It'll be too late by then. 2-2 draw, ET, pens, WIN.