Players you were right/wrong about.

Lotus

My biggest error in judgement was thinking Souness would turn things around, how WRONG was I.

I thought Bellamy would be crap - obviously wrong again

Bassedas - Thought he would be quality

Robert - I was chuffed when he signed really thought he was the bees knees and turned out real good.

Guest Chubby Jason

Fat Sam: I championed his appointment despite the fact that I hated his guts on the basis that he would play better football with better players like he always insisted he would. He didn't and has since been proven as an immense bullshitter.

Guest firetotheworks

Ginola - RIGHT (After he left I knew he'd get back to being fucking incredible)

Tommasson - RIGHT (I always stuck up for him)

Speed - RIGHT

Bellamy - RIGHT

Enrique - RIGHT

Coloccini - RIGHT

Dalglish's old men - RIGHT

Berbatov - RIGHT (Still a bit early, but I've never once doubted that he'd become amazing for Man United)

Ok, now the wrongs.

Pistone

Emre

Cacapa

Shevchenko

Milner

Hamman

Gillespie

Darren Peacock

Warren Barton

Jermaine Defoe

I'm not sure I've ever been as disappointed with a player as I was with Shevchenko at Chelsea. :(

He was such a let down. Don't think I've seen anyone else go from class to shit so quickly. Absolute beast when he was at ACM.

Not in terms of his playing, but I was right about Owen coming here. As soon as we were linked with him, I knew he'd end up here, even when Liverpool supposedly entered the race.

I remember ringing my brother, step-dad and Gran as soon as it was announced to rub it in that I was right and they were wrong :snod:

Guest Brazilianbob

Peter Beardsley:= right

Paul Gascoigne:= right

Chris Waddle:= right.

I boldly forcast at a reserve team game at SJP, when Waddle and Beardsley were playing their first game for us after signing, and Gascoigne was also playing having been promoted from the Academy (or juniors as they used to call them), that all three would end up playing for England.  Needless to say my so called mates took the piss something rotten, but I was proved right a few years later!

Alan Shearer: WRONG. Thought he was going to be a title-winning captain of NUFC. Never came close to winning the league while he was here.

1st Season Perhaps we came close ???

Don't bother mate, he's fishing and has an irrational hatred towards Shearer based on not a lot.

right:

alan smith

andy carroll, in a good way

lee bowyer

scott parker, in a good way

mark viduka

xisco

leon best

wrong:

carl cort

hugo viana

patrick kluivert

jean-alain boumsong

emre

albert luque

michael owen

damien duff

antoine sibierski, in a good way.

I'm generally optimistic about all our signings, but I really thought that Smith was a great signing for us when he came. Same goes for Duff. Wrong on both accounts, though I think there's an argument that Smith has been a good leader in the locker room and has contributed to our success in that way.

First few appearances for Cacapa and i thought we had a top class player on our hands. Shame he was finished by the time he washed up on shore.