Should we be playing 2 proper forwards at home?

Parky

We have to play two forwards at home.

Teams are not going to allow Carroll bully them like Villa did, its lesson learned sadly.

We must drop Nolan at home and play Ameobi up front with him, as to pull and occupy the second defender.

This Nolan business at home must stop,  NOW.

I think we need to see it, let Ameobi/Loven battle it out to be Carroll's partner. Carroll's struggling up there by himself, he needs another seasoned striker to help with his movement and to be able to link up play, instead he's got a half dead midfielder with the legs of a snooker table trying to be a forward because he can't do fuk all else but score goals now and then.

Though two upfront means no room for Tiote as Hughton certainly won't drop Nolan and Barton will be 95% as unlikely to be dropped as well.

I think we need to see it, let Ameobi/Loven battle it out to be Carroll's partner. Carroll's struggling up there by himself, he needs another seasoned striker to help with his movement and to be able to link up play, instead he's got a half dead midfielder with the legs of a snooker table trying to be a forward because he can't do fuk all else but score goals now and then.

Though two upfront means no room for Tiote as Hughton certainly won't drop Nolan and Barton will be 95% as unlikely to be dropped as well.

Pissed if he drops Tiote for Nolan,  Ive seen Tiote move more for newcastle in two games then Nolan has for a season.

Guest Stephen927

Swapping and changing formations will only upset any rhythm and patterns of play the team build by playing the same system. 4-4-1-1 is the way to go, Ben Arfa given a free role to roam, create and support Carroll.

As most have already said, we need to play 2 forwards at SJP - difficult, because we don't have 2 compatible forwards.

Carroll and Ameobi are too similar as are Carroll and Ranger(who is apparently not too dedicated anyway - allegedly..). Lovenkrands not PL standard.

We needed a new, quick and mobile forward in summer but the money wasn't there...we STILL need that player AND a MF General, but best compromise is Carroll with HBA just behind or playing off him.

Will that happen ? That is anyone's guess....

Pissed if he drops Tiote for Nolan,  Ive seen Tiote move more for newcastle in two games then Nolan has for a season.

And like Wullie said, Tiote isn't just exclusively defensive, he does a lot to get us back on the attack.

And like Wullie said, Tiote isn't just exclusively defensive, he does a lot to get us back on the attack.

If Hughton drops Tiote for Nolan, he HAS lost the plot........

Should we be able to? yes

Do we have the players to make it worthwhile (ie support to Carroll)? no

Will it be done? on occasion

First point is the problem, we knew we needed someone else upfront coming into the season, Arfa could go a long way to fix this, or someone could step in and improve, unlikely on the latter.

If we put Ben Arfa more central and recall Jonas I don't think so. If we had a stronger second striker then maybe but I don't think you can drop Barton or Jonas for Shola/Ranger/Lovenkrands. 

Its nice we have options but I think we are seeing that we are a top quality striker short.

We could go with

Jonas---Barton----Tiote-----HBA

--------Carroll-------Ranger

I like this as Jonas offers right back protection.

IF Hughton is desperate for the 4-4-1-1 formation then Nolan has to be dropped for HBA and Jonas back on the left

YES!

Andy Carroll upfront alone will not tuck away the majorty of chances during our large periods of dominance at home, as has been shown the last 2 home games. Ben Arfa behind with 2 wingers to me just gives us more of the same problem, lots of chances created, none put away.

Away from home we should continue doing what we are doing, with Benny in the Nolan role, at home though I think it's we need 2 strikers up, preferable Loven and Carroll.

People thinking we can afford a passenger like Lovenkrands in the team are having a laugh, frankly. He wouldn't have got a kick in 5 out of our 6 games so far. He's an example of deadwood we should have burned and replaced as a matter of priority in the summer.

What we need is obvious, Ben Arfa off Carroll.

I think we already are.

Nolan hasn't done too bad, 3 goals in 6 games is more than alright, I think too many people are still judging him as a midfielder though.

But I agree that we could try taking Nolan off for Ben Arfa in more of a free role, or maybe even for Shola, Ranger or Løvenkrands.

People thinking we can afford a passenger like Lovenkrands in the team are having a laugh, frankly. He wouldn't have got a kick in 5 out of our 6 games so far. He's an example of deadwood we should have burned and replaced as a matter of priority in the summer.

What we need is obvious, Ben Arfa off Carroll.

:thup: Lovenkrands showed this in his 'performance' against Chelsea. Barely got near the ball and when he did get chance made a right fucking mess of it.