Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

I was very disappointed with Routledge today. He looks like a player who's always going to be found wanting at this level.

With Ben Arfa out and Lua Lua on loan, it looks like Ranger is the only alternative. I'd be tempted.

He's very Ameobi-esque, too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premiership.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I was very disappointed with Routledge today. He looks like a player who's always going to be found wanting at this level.

With Ben Arfa out and Lua Lua on loan, it looks like Ranger is the only alternative. I'd be tempted.

He's very Ameobi-esque, too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premiership.

Off to the Scottish Premier with the pair of them.

Very disappointed not get anything out of the game today. DeJong went in clearly knowing he'd get the player (as did Beckford on Harper), he didn't have to go in like he did. It was reckless & I am gutted for Ben Arfa, a young lad who has just made a huge career decision and is know lying in a Manchester hospital with what we think is a double fracture & he can't speak the language. He will probably spend time back in France recuperating; the club need to give the lad all the support he'll need.

Best not mention the ref, quite clear we weren't going to get anything from the moment Ben Arfa went down and the ref didn't react to the challenge.

I think Hughton's hit the nail on the head. It was a challenge that didn't need to be made. De Jong could have got the ball without steaming in with so much force.

There were a few times during the game where I felt City were trying to put our players in their place, so to speak. It was like they were big name players who didn't want to be shown up by these inferior beings. One that springs to mind is when Krul actually took the ball round a challenge by Tevez. Tevez then ran after him and banged into his ribs long after Krul had cleared. Not the worst foul in the world, but it was a mean-spirited.

Aye, like he didn't appreciate being mugged. If he'd done his homework he'd know Krul was very likely to turn back onto his left.

There was a bit of that. Tevez on Krul, De Jong on HBA, can't remeber who but the stamp on Perch - right dirty bastards.

http://football.fanhouse.co.uk/2010/10/03/man-city-2-newcastle-united-1-adam-johnson-stages-late-rescue-a/

REACTION:

Hughton was incensed by the performance of referee Martin Atkinson and also the challenge that left Ben Arfa with a broken leg:

"I thought it was a challenge that didn't need to be made. Everybody will have their own opinions, I'm quite sure, it's been shown enough times. But my feeling was, at the time, it was a challenge that didn't need to be made.

"I probably don't want to go into whether it was a foul. The best thing I can say was it was a challenge that didn't need to be made.

"The referee has made two horrendous decisions. My first impressions were Mike Williamson had played the ball and also it was outside the box. They were confirmed when I saw it on TV.

"Then my first impression when Shola Ameobi went down was that his standing foot had been taken away from him and that was confirmed as well."

On the apparently large number of reckless challenges in the Premier League this weekend:

"On a day like today I don't want to speak about challenges. The over-riding feeling for me is that I have got a team I am very proud of, that went about their business the right way and, unjustly, came out of it with a result they didn't deserve."

On his team's display:

'As the away team coming to somewhere like here, with the quality they have got, I couldn't fault any of my players for the commitment they showed. I thought we got the game plan right and at 1-1 I felt we were going to get the draw we deserved."

Assistant manager Brian Kidd stood in for Mancini who had flown home to Italy to be with his ailing father. And he heaped praise on the absent manager and Johnson:

"You've got to give credit to the boss. He wasn't prepared for a draw, he wanted a win and the second half tactics proved that. The ethics the boss has are it's not about individuals, it's about the squad, the team. Adam did well against Juventus in the week and again today he came up with that little big of magic he's always capable of."

On de Jong:

"We didn't realise how bad it was at the time, but everybody knows Nigel. He is as honest as the day is long. It's so sad when that happens but I don't think it was a rash challenge. There was no malice in it, definitely not. Nigel's not that type of lad. There is no malice in Nigel de Jong.

On the penalty decisions:

"That sums up this league. If you watched Match of the Day last night, or watch the highlights tonight, there will be decisions there; some will have gone for teams, some will have gone against. The referees can only give what they see and you take it, don't you?"

If there was no malice and he isn't that type of boy, then he is a shit defensive midfielder who can't tackle.

Either way he's likely to do it again this season

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just got back

We did ok today against a tired looking man city without really creating too many chances. We definitely had the wrong end of the decisions Atkinson is an absolute joke of a ref.

Tiote was very good as was Jonas and Sol.

Shola actually did ok on his own with no support from Nolan

Perch is a liability I think it's time Taylor was given a run.

We were just above average to their poor in terms of what both teams expect. They were there for the taking today but we didn't have the cutting edge to capitalise.

Btw Nolan is an abomination of a player. Offers absolutely zip!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seen that mentioned a few times that Nolan didn't offer any support, but if the ESPN graphics are to be believed he was playing a true CM role today, with the support being offered by Jonas and Routledge. Saying that, both CM's should have ventured forward now and again.

Seen that mentioned a few times that Nolan didn't offer any support, but if the ESPN graphics are to be believed he was playing a true CM role today, with the support being offered by Jonas and Routledge. Saying that, both CM's should have ventured forward now and again.

aye, nolan gave nowt going forward, barton didn't either.......again!

Krul - 7 - his best PL game so far

Ali Fumaca Dia - 3 - What a plank

Colo - 7 - Calm

Williamson - 6 - Solid

Campbell - 7 - Talent remains, physique still good enough

Enrique - 6 - Poor by his high standards

Ben Arfa - n/a - Sorry

Routledge - 2 - Nothing

Tiote - 9 - Beast

Barton - 6 - Did nothing wrong

Jonas - 9 - Best game for us

Nolan - 3 - Defended him when in form, but now he isn't.

Shola - 6 - Rightly given place in the team, but in place of wrong player

Carroll - n/a

Krul - 7 - his best PL game so far

Ali Fumaca Dia - 3 - What a plank

Colo - 7 - Calm

Williamson - 6 - Solid

Campbell - 7 - Talent remains, physique still good enough

Enrique - 6 - Poor by his high standards

Ben Arfa - n/a - Sorry

Routledge - 2 - Nothing

Tiote - 9 - Beast

Barton - 6 - Did nothing wrong

Jonas - 9 - Best game for us

Nolan - 3 - Defended him when in form, but now he isn't.

Shola - 6 - Rightly given place in the team, but in place of wrong player

Carroll - n/a

:dowiespin:

Guest Heneage

Kidd saying De Jong is honest and nice.  :lol:

He's best mates with Mark Van Bommell ffs, who is only shades more of a dirty player.

He's best mates with Mark Van Bommell ffs, who is only shades more of a dirty player.

he's hardly likely to say he's a twat who sets out to injure players.

Guest Heneage

he's hardly likely to say he's a t*** who sets out to injure players.

Then why say anything? Just say it was unfortunate, don't make out like your players an angel when everyone who follows the game knows he's not, makes you look a pillock imo.

Then why say anything? Just say it was unfortunate, don't make out like your players an angel when everyone who follows the game knows he's not, makes you look a pillock imo.

and he is a pillock, just like those on here who would defend our players should they do the same thing.

Charlotte Jackson and Fenners were in the away end before the match

My mate (Jonnyameobi on here) was on Take It Like a Fan, had to identify old Toon players when he was shown pics of them, got 19 out of 19 and pocketed 190 notes.

Charlotte Jackson is unbelievable like. :smitten:

Guest Heneage

and he is a pillock, just like those on here who would defend our players should they do the same thing.

When was the last time our players did anything even remotely similar to breaking a lads leg? Nolan on Anichebe springs to mind but that was nigh 18 months ago.

Brian Kidd can fuck off, Mancini the cunt too.. fuck him and fuck his scarf.. and City, all the wankers in their overpaid squad, the fucking sheikchs or whatever the fuck they're called and their laundered money - FUCK OFF..

and special mentions to the uglierst cunt on the planet - Carlitos the thick primate and of course - Jamie "better than McClen" Milner.. you ain't worth 1/20 of your transfer fees son CAUSE YOU'RE SHIT.. international class, yea right..

Can't wait till the Arab wankers find a new hobby and leave this pathetic club to rot

My mate (Jonnyameobi on here) was on Take It Like a Fan, had to identify old Toon players when he was shown pics of them, got 19 out of 19 and pocketed 190 notes.

Charlotte Jackson is unbelievable like.  :smitten:

Yeah I saw him do it, had to borrow a Newcastle shirt off someone. Didn't realise he was off here. Fenners gave away all the pics to other fans too.

Charlotte Jackson is unbelievable like. :smitten:

Yeah I saw him do it, had to borrow a Newcastle shirt off someone. Didn't realise he was off here. Fenners gave away all the pics to other fans too.

I was stood behind him, soaked through, not taking a jacket was a wise choice like.