Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

Nolan was just invisible today. He had zero impact, whether positive or negative, on the game.

I think people are being a bit harsh , and scape goating him. he was up against a team that has cost £200 million ( or whatever)- playing at thier home. and the CHEATING FUCKING REFEREE was on thier side.

Guest jonnyameobi

Nolan was just invisible today. He had zero impact, whether positive or negative, on the game.

I think people are being a bit harsh , and scape goating him. he was up against a team that has cost £200 million ( or whatever)- playing at thier home. and the CHEATING f***ing REFEREE was on thier side.

nah hes been s**** most of the season so far. barely got past half way today

I'm so gutted for Ben Arfa. Took a chance with our club and looked like such an exciting player and now It's doubtful if he will play a part yhis season. Even more depressingly this could really destroy him as a player aka Smith.

That's what i thought n'all. Double-break on his left-peg. Gutted for him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We try to play out at the back and are not comfortable enough to do so

Jose was poor with the ball today.

Colo did ok

Sol was good

Will was good header apart :(

Perch was very average/poor

Hba :(

Barton was good

Tiote was very good

Jonas was very good

Nolan was poor

Routledge was ok

Ameobi was fairly good

Carroll made little impact in the 15 he had

City never got out of 2nd gear but it was still too much for us :(

I'm so gutted for Ben Arfa. Took a chance with our club and looked like such an exciting player and now It's doubtful if he will play a part yhis season. Even more depressingly this could really destroy him as a player aka Smith.

That's what i thought n'all. Double-break on his left-peg. Gutted for him.

I wonder what how many bad injuries we get in this league in comparison to the other top leagues. We've already had (of the top of my head) Zamora and Ben Arfa. Anywho really hope this doesn't permanently scar him psychologically or physically.

Williamson should have really buried that header late on. Really good chance.

It always surprises me how often centre-backs get excellent goalscoring opportunities but head them over. I guess they concentrate so much on heading the ball up and away that they simply can't help themselves when required to head it down. Considering the number of set pieces in matches I wonder why more emphasis isn't put on them scoring.

We're absolutely fine at playing out from the back, what a load of tripe.

Definitely, was one of the reasons we did well today. No more hoofing nonsense, please.

In the last two games when we've had Ameobi and Carroll on at the same time the team seem to stop playing and just lump balls at them.

It always surprises me how often centre-backs get into goalscoring positions but head them over. I guess they concentrate so much on heading the ball up and away that they simply can't help themselves when required to head it down. Considering the number of set pieces in matches I wonder why more emphasis isn't put on them scoring.

Probably wasn't anticipating Barton putting in a good corner tbf.

It always surprises me how often centre-backs get excellent goalscoring opportunities but head them over. I guess they concentrate so much on heading the ball up and away that they simply can't help themselves when required to head it down. Considering the number of set pieces in matches I wonder why more emphasis isn't put on them scoring.

I suppose one of the primary attributes of being a great finisher is anticipation/composure infront of goal*. I'd imagine a centre-back doesn't have that in abundance, like a good striker does.

*FM mental stats ftw!

Can understand not being composed when the ball is at your feet, no excuse for a header IMO

Really? I'd say it comes to the forefront even more so when it's a header. You've only got one chance to bury it... when it's on the floor you can control set yourself. You've got a split second to get it right with a header.

Can understand not being composed when the ball is at your feet, no excuse for a header IMO

Really? I'd say it comes to the forefront even more so when it's a header. You've only got one chance to bury it... when it's on the floor you can control set yourself. You've got a split second to get it right with a header.

You don't have a chance to think about it and psyche your self out of it though it's instinctual so I'd imagine composure wouldn't factor into it.

You don't have a chance to think about it and psyche your self out of it though it's instinctual so I'd imagine composure wouldn't factor into it.

:thup: saved me a job there Dino lad.