West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

We'll probably win, we seem to play better away. Which feels very strange to say.....

Krul

Simpson    Campbell  Coloccini    Enrique

R Taylor      Barton        Tiote          Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

Krul

R Taylor       Campbell   Coloccini     Enrique

Routledge     Barton       Tiote          Jonas

Nolan   

Amoebi

1-1

Krul

Simpson Campbell Coloccini Enrique

R Taylor  Barton    Tiote    Jonas

Ameobi  Carroll

Subs

Söderberg, Williamson, Perch, Smith, Nolan, Løvenkrands, Routledge

Result:

It depends on whether our decent away form continues. Anyways, I predict us being on either the good or bad end of a 2-1 scoreline, depending on whether that form is with us.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson Campbell Coloccini Enrique

R Taylor   Barton     Tiote     Jonas

Ameobi   Carroll

Subs

Söderberg, Williamson, Perch, Smith, Nolan, Løvenkrands, Routledge

Result:

It depends on whether our decent away form continues. Anyways, I predict us being on either the good or bad end of a 2-1 scoreline, depending on whether that form is with us.

Guthrie doesn't make the bench?

Guest Roger Kint

Krul

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini ©   Enrique

Routledge   Tiote   Barton   Jonas

Carroll   Ameobi

Is what i'd like to see. We'll win the game with that team.

I'd like to see this too.

Would love to see that, in reality if Nolan is fit he will replace either Carroll or Shola

Guest lebowski

Can't believe there are people who would leave Barton out. It isn't about personality, he has been one of the consistently best players for us this season with yesterday being probably his least effective performance. Even then he provided a ball Carroll should have put away for what would have ended up being a winner.

Can't believe there are people who would leave Barton out. It isn't about personality, he has been one of the consistently best players for us this season with yesterday being probably his least effective performance. Even then he provided a ball Carroll should have put away for what would have ended up being a winner.

If youre talking about the chance at the end that he missed, were we not down 2-1 at that stage, meaning it would have been a leveller?

No he hasn't, he's been shit.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He works hard during the game, can't question that, but I think he tries too hard with his passing at times, which people pick up on. If you took that away though, you'd have hardly any forward passes attempted beyond 5 yard passes to Jonás to leg it up field or the 60 yard balls bashed up to Carroll.

Guest lebowski

Yeah that was the one I was talking about and thats why I said it would have ended up being the winner (I didn't want to get too wordy sorry). I just don't think we have the depth of talent to leave Barton out and I don't like the guy I was against us buying him originally, I just think you have to be pragmatic about things, and who knows he may have turned a corner and we will continue to get value from him.

If youre talking about the chance at the end that he missed, were we not down 2-1 at that stage, meaning it would have been a leveller?

Guest lebowski

Nobody needs reminding that losing this game could make the Mackems' visit a make-or-break...

Draw needed at the very least.

Agree. I think given current form we might be scrapping these guys for relegation, we probably should be thinking about winning this. Right now every game feels must win.

Barton has been one of our consistently best players? Fuck me, I've heard it all now :lol:

The only thing he's been consistent at, is building up so much hype around himself and then letting it all down. In truth, he's put in about two decent shifts since Allardyce bought him. Would swap him with Guthrie in an instant.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I reckon we'll do well, just because we tend to play a lot better away from home and generally do something unexpected.

1-0 win, Shola.

01 Green

03 Ben-Haim

04 Gabbidon

22 Da Costa

37 Jacobsen

07 Dyer (Cole 77)

08 Parker

13 Boa Morte

16 Noble

30 Piquionne

33 Obinna

If WHU start the same team again I see no reason why we can't win tbh. Pretty poor team they have, especially at the back.

I'd drop Lovenkrands, Barton and Perch for Routledge, Nolan and Simpson based on what I saw y'day.

:dowiespin: