West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This Williamson thing is beyond me, what's he done wrong this season? It just sounds like everyone's trying to convince themselves and everyone around them that he's a liability just so we can fit Campbell somewhere into the team.

Think there's been a few instances where he's looked a little panicky with the ball at his feet, but that's all I can think of outside of the N'Zogbia header yesterday. He's been really sound and certainly not the worst defender we've had in recent years, or even in the team.

We have to win this. West Ham sooner or later are going to start gaining points, and we have to gain ground the likes of them and otehr who will be around the relegation places at the end of the season. This game is now going to be tougher and more important than it was a few weeks ago.

We play much better away from home, obviously you haven't noticed..

we have played much better, doesnt mean we will continue to do so. Confidence will soon start becoming an issue if we dont pick up a win. We really need something from this going into the Mackem game.

we have played much better, doesnt mean we will continue to do so. Confidence will soon start becoming an issue if we dont pick up a win. We really need something from this going into the Mackem game.

I know we didn't beat Wigan when we probably should have but I think the confidence is there, to take a point in a game where we were clearly shite for 80 minutes is a slight boost! I think a 2-1 win but please no booing scott parker lads, you seen what happened with zoggy!!!!!

I know we didn't beat Wigan when we probably should have but I think the confidence is there, to take a point in a game where we were clearly shite for 80 minutes is a slight boost! I think a 2-1 win but please no booing scott parker lads, you seen what happened with zoggy!!!!!

.....and bramble, and faye

This won't be a popular one (mainly with Ronaldo), but taking injuries, shit players and bail conditions into account, my starting XI would be:

Krul

R.Taylor  Colo  Williamson  Enrique

Rouledge  Tiote  Guthrie  Jonas

Ameobi  Lovenkrands

Starting with 10 men would be just as helpful as starting with Lovenkrands, especially away from home.

Sorry, as opposed to the wonderful alternative in Kevin Nolan?

He'll offer more than Lovenkrands, certainly away from home.

Did you see the game on Saturday? Lovenkrands was worse than shit, granted the whole team played badly but he was awful. He touched the ball 8 times in the 61 minutes he was in pitch.

He also proved last season at a lower level that he is utterly useless away from home.

He's not good enough at this level and Nolan would certainly offer more.

Guest neesy111

Starting with 10 men would be just as helpful as starting with Lovenkrands, especially away from home.

Did you see the game on Saturday? Lovenkrands was worse than shit, granted the whole team played badly but he was awful. He touched the ball 8 times in the 61 minutes he was in pitch.

He also proved last season at a lower level that he is utterly useless away from home.

Agreed, sadly.

The thought that Nolan offers more to the team than even the corner flag is madness.

I'd rather have a player who can actually move, than one who looks like he finds it difficult to lift his feet off the ground.

:thup:

The thought that Nolan offers more to the team than even the corner flag is madness.

I'd rather have a player who can actually move, than one who looks like he finds it difficult to lift his feet off the ground.

:lol:

WUM

I'd play Nolan every game personally.

He gets far too much unwarranted stick and is always likely to get into a position to score a goal.

He's also very good at motivating the rest of the team.

And for those of you mocking his antics at free kicks, this obviously comes from Hughton and Calderwood as Barton was tasked with doing this on saturday.

Jesus wept.

They deserve a chance before Perch/Simpson and Routledge

Why?

Beacause Routledge, Perch and Simpson have all had a good crack and are all clearly pants.

Tavernier and more so Ferguson are unproven at this level but looking promising which is a lot more than can be said for Routledge Perch and simpson.

i.e. Simpson, Routledge and perch are a lost cause. Ferguson in particular looks a real talent and can cross a ball (i.e. he shone against Chelski etc) why not give them an oppourtunity to stake a claim? What do we have to lose?..... or we could continue with proven crap players who lose us games.

:lol:

WUM

:spit: