Shola Is The Best Striker At The Club

Crumpy Gunt

Guest neesy111

Playing upfront by yourself is one of the hardest jobs in Football, so Carroll is not being helped by that fact.  I'm expecting a couple of good games from Shola and then he'll go on one of his awful period's of form as he has done throughout his career.

Guest neesy111

Would it be too much to have the both of them playing? I don't believe in the 2 big men won't work idea, it's down to each player to adapt and work together. Is it possible?

It's possible, but I don't believe they compliment each other.  Also I'd expect us to revert to humping it forward if we had them 2 upfront.

Would it be too much to have the both of them playing? I don't believe in the 2 big men won't work idea, it's down to each player to adapt and work together. Is it possible?

It's possible, but I don't believe they compliment each other.  Also I'd expect us to revert to humping it forward if we had them 2 upfront.

Carroll isn't too bad at holding the ball up, Shola is, unfortunately, probably our best finisher, I know I'm thinking in very simple terms here, but maybe not too farfetched? As long as, as you say, they don't revert to the long ball game.

Carroll-Shola partnership up front is a dead certain way for relegation! Way too one dimensional style.

Maybe Shola can find the net occasionaly but once he's given a chance he'll stop scoring for sure! Been there done that in the past lots os times...

Maybe Carroll's not good enough but he does everything twice better than Shola. Only we're lacking at the moment is a pacy partner for AC to run on for the flick ons as Carroll evendently can win headers but there's no one to chance them after that. It happens like 10 times every game when AC easily win a header but there's no player to recieve the ball within 20 yards! Oba Martins would be perfectly suited for that style but he wasn't consistent enough for my liking.

Janyary shopping list priority should be a fast striker with some anticipation and off the ball ability and a decent right back!

Shola just has to start in my mind. Carroll just doesn't look good enough yet and a lot of the times he is no where near the box. That being said I just don't think using Guthrie as a winger worked in the slightest. He kept coming inside where Id much rather have Routledge bombing down the wing to actually get us near the oppositions box and to make up for Jonas' half arsed play the other side.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Carroll and Shola need to start upfront together at home.

Put balls into the box and they'll get goals.

Wow...how far gone are the days of the Entertainers?

15 or 16 years.

:weep:

I'd start him with Carroll the next few games, and have Ranger off the bench.

100% agree. Neither are good enough to play as a lone striker and need far better support. Having both of them should give opposing teams big problems. It certainly put Wigan on the back foot yesterday once Goala came on..

Perch and Routledge need a spell in the reserves until they can play effectively for us our right side is appalling and we need to sign players in January. Barton was piss poor yesterday too and Lovenkrands completely anonymous

Time to give some up and coming youngsters a chance. Shane Ferguson has been impressive and seems to have a great cross on him. As Routledge seems so poor ferguson deserves a try. Tavernier has looked ok at right back and again deseves a chance as Perch is a liability at the moment.

Our left side looks good but we are so predictable that all our attacks start there (largely because no one else on the pitch was capable) and we have next to nothing coming from central or wide right positions. I'm reluctant to tinker with the left but our hand may be forced.   

We need  a good suply line to Carroll and Shola, a team like:

Krul

Tavernier   Willy/Sol  Colo  Enrique

Jonas Guthrie  Tiote    Ferguson

Goala   Carroll

Guthrie should be playing centrally, he is a very good passer of the ball and should create as well defend well. Ferguson unlike Routlege looks from what i've seen of him pretty bloody good and often crosses early (suiting Carroll and Goala) and Enrique will no doubt assist him both defensively and offensively. Jonas is right footed so should be able to naturaly provide from the right and will help Tavernier defensively.

I do not agree that we will just resort to hoofing it (although we admitedly be pretty awesome in the air). Shola has good movement and his finishing is good at the moment. Carroll holds the ball up well and bring others into play hopefully with a proper strike partner it takes pressure off him and he can start finding the back of the net again.

Ranger off the bench if needs be.

Why do people rate Guthrie so highly? He really isn't very good and definitely nowhere near Barton. He may have good technique but he goes missing nearly all the time.

Nowhere near Barton :lol:

Why do people rate Guthrie so highly? He really isn't very good and definitely nowhere near Barton. He may have good technique but he goes missing nearly all the time.

He isn't.

The line "He may have good technique but he goes missing nearly all the time." instantly makes him better than Barton.

He isn't.

The line "He may have good technique but he goes missing nearly all the time." instantly makes him better than Barton.

Total knee-jerk reaction. He may have had a few bad games but he was f***ing quality at the start of the season.

It's another case of the less he plays the better he gets :lol: