Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

He had good reason to come here though, and we were good too back then as well, so my point actually still stands, though I have to admit I forgot about him while writing that post :lol:

Rooney did say, at the time, that he WOULD be prepared to sign for Newcastle.

Aye, it'd be totally different now to get someone of that calibre in.

Like Skeletor implied, Ben Arfa was that kind of signing for me. Obviously not as good as Rooney, but still far, far too talented for me to even dare to think we could get him in.

Then that Dutch cunt ruined the fun :angry:

Anyone think we are starting to see the beginning of the end of Man Utd? Massive debts, ageing players, no superstars and Fergie surely retiring soon. Their top players want to leave and they have no pull in the transfer market to get the very best players?

Anyone think we are starting to see the beginning of the end of Man Utd? Massive debts, ageing players, no superstars and Fergie surely retiring soon. Their top players want to leave and they have no pull in the transfer market to get the very best players?

No. If they were to suffer a dip in fortunes it would only be fleeting and temporary.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I used to think that Fergie was the only thing keeping that club ticking over, but thinking about it, he keeps falling out with the best player in the team every 5 years.  :idiot2:

I used to think that Fergie was the only thing keeping that club ticking over, but thinking about it, he keeps falling out with the best player in the team every 5 years.  :idiot2:

Yeah, but other than that he is doing as you thought.

The big test will be Fergie's successor and his first couple of big signings. If they take a gamble on someone it could go tits up, if they go for Mourinho they will be fine.

There's no doubt about it. They can't afford to pay the debts without selling their best players, nobody can afford to buy the club, no top manager would go there under the conditions and be blamed for their demise. All it will take is them dropping out of the top four to end up in Liverpool's position with someone like Hodgson in charge, very likely to happen soon when their squad gets more average with every transfer window.

They don't make big signings because no top players want to go there. Real and Barcelona are every players top two choices, then in England City could just blow them out of the water.

And Chelsea. I think soon they're just going to be in the same bracket as Arsenal, and that's only if Fergie's successor doesn't make a balls up of the job.

9 Barcelona Southern Europe

10 Madrid Southern Europe

:aww:

Doesn't that just mean that you've got more Derek Zoolanders than Madrid? Not sure I'd be proud about that tbh ;)

Any table kind of thing that lists us above Madrid gets my seal of approval :sadnod:

Plus that means we have more hot posh dressed chicks going around too.