West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Happy with 1-1 for half time. Think we can win it.

if we can stop obinna running at simpson and barton, we have a good chance. Routledge on for the last 30 mins or so (or Raylor if pumping balls in the box is our best option)

Terrible before we conceded

Brilliant between conceding and scoring

Alright after scoring

Carroll's thrown himself into everything so far which is good, typical Shola performance which is a bit frustrating. As expected, a CM on the wing isn't working and Simpson has looked shaky. Need a bit more pace in midfield. I'd be tempted to introduce Routledge soon.

Reasonably pleased with the first half performance, definitely points to be had here. If we can sort out this right back issue, we'll be so much better off, we're being targeted there every week. Steven Taylor can't come back quick enough to play there.

Reasonably pleased with the first half performance, definitely points to be had here. If we can sort out this right back issue, we'll be so much better off, we're being targeted there every week. Steven Taylor can't come back quick enough to play there.

Saylor will be playing cb when he's back, not rb.

Alright after scoring

Carroll's thrown himself into everything so far which is good, typical Shola performance which is a bit frustrating. As expected, a CM on the wing isn't working and Simpson has looked shaky. Need a bit more pace in midfield. I'd be tempted to introduce Routledge soon.

Ironically, the cross for the goal came from Barton.

And Simpson looked far better than Perch would have.

I think Nolan has played well on top of his goal. Keeping possession and seeing far more of the ball than he normally does. Still getting outpaced by their midfield though.

Agree with this but what do you do? he seems to pop up in the right place and knock a goal in - its a problem

Alright after scoring

And? It doesn't stop Simpson being poor, which he has been. We're weak on that right side, Barton has offered nothing defensively.

Watching this match, I'm struggling to see how West Ham wouldn't provide a challenge to almost everyone in the division. Someone has to get relegated though, I suppose. I just hope it's not our boys.

Probably because we have a habit of making everyone look twice as good as they really are.

West Ham look scoring nearly everytime they go forward. We just lack a spark to create something around their box, but if we keep launching balls into the box like we did with our goal, then there might be something in there for us.

Its gonna be a nervy 45.

Alright after scoring

And? It doesn't stop Simpson being poor, which he has been. We're weak on that right side, Barton has offered nothing defensively.

I haven't disagreed with you.

Just was saying that Barton provided the cross for the goal and that Simpson is better than Perch.

I agree that Barton shouldn't be on RW and that Simpson isn't PL quality.

There's not a cat in hell's chance he'll replace Colo or Williamson imo, and rightly so.

Alright after scoring

Simpson is pretty much the same as perch, there's been no "big improvement"

Alright after scoring

I haven't disagreed with you.

Just was saying that Barton provided the cross for the goal and that Simpson is better than Perch.

I agree that Barton shouldn't be on RW and that Simpson isn't PL quality.

Oh, ok :D

There's not a cat in hell's chance he'll replace Colo or Williamson imo, and rightly so.

And, added to that, for the 10th time I say, that Hughton did play S.Taylor at RB in his caretaker time in 08/09.

Alright after scoring

Yeah, I'd go back to Plan A and bring Routledge on, Barton inside, Nolan forward and....... take Carroll off. Shola's that bit better at holding the ball up.

Simpson has done okay defensively, but doesn't look remotely confident going forward. Not much to choose between him and Perch I'm afraid.

Our crossing is woeful btw. It's not like there are no targets in there, or even that we're bring closed down that much.

No surprise that the one really good ball in led to our goal.

:no: Think the left side have delivered a few decent balls, remember one superb Enrique cross at least.

Our crossing is woeful btw. It's not like there are no targets in there, or even that we're bring closed down that much.

No surprise that the one really good ball in led to our goal.

:no: Think the left side have delivered a few decent balls, remember one superb Enrique cross at least.

Not nearly enough.