West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Thought the atmosphere was pretty good myself.  Not sure how the accent of the songs would make a difference...?

blydon rices, twas on the noinph o' djune. aye'een'undred an sixty too on a sammers arfternoon.

I'm sorry like, but i was at the match, and found that there was probly more cockney mags than geordies who had travelled down. The songs sang didnt even sound like geordies. Wasnt impressed at all. For us winning the game, and playing very well, 1 of the worst atmospheres i've witnessed

There are a lot of second generation mags born out of the North East with north eastern family roots due to the migration south over the decades of uprooted communities looking for work.

They are as proud of their team and their roots as you, and you show your ignorance of this in your post.

The atmospere was passionate and support for the team terrific as it always is away from home.

How do you qualify for the label Cockney mag by the way, Is it South of Leeds, Birmingham, or Luton.

Remember, some of those fans probably travel a lot further than you just to get to a home game.

You should'nt knock your own fans, leave that to the press and the other teams fans, they are happy to do it without your help.

(ps Iwas at the game and I live in Warwickshire. that is not in London)

Guest prestonj1989

I'm sorry like, but i was at the match, and found that there was probly more cockney mags than geordies who had travelled down. The songs sang didnt even sound like geordies. Wasnt impressed at all. For us winning the game, and playing very well, 1 of the worst atmospheres i've witnessed

There are a lot of second generation mags born out of the North East with north eastern family roots due to the migration south over the decades of uprooted communities looking for work.

They are as proud of their team and their roots as you, and you show your ignorance of this in your post.

The atmospere was passionate and support for the team terrific as it always is away from home.

How do you qualify for the label Cockney mag by the way, Is it South of Leeds, Birmingham, or Luton.

Remember, some of those fans probably travel a lot further than you just to get to a home game.

You should'nt knock your own fans, leave that to the press and the other teams fans, they are happy to do it without your help.

:clap:

Kapow.

Question- Do Southern mags say "Newcarstle" rather than "Newcastle"? The obvious answer is yes, but there's something not right about it...

Apologies for such a strange question :lol:

And I've been to away games and seen plenty of  Southern mags supporters and there's nowt wrong with it- It's great to get more support and they seem good people. They support the team equally as well as we do.

:clap:

Indeed. Although i don't think other clubs fans knock us. I live quite a hike from the toon (3 hours each way for every home game) and i'm surrounded by man united, liverpool and leeds fans. And every single one of those guys (who attend games regularly) will freely admit that our support is better than their own.

Question- Do Southern mags say "Newcarstle" rather than "Newcastle"? The obvious answer is yes, but there's something not right about it...

Apologies for such a strange question :lol:

And I've been to away games and seen plenty of  Southern mags supporters and there's nowt wrong with it- It's great to get more support and they seem good people. They support the team equally as well as we do.

I'd qualify myself as pretty poncy sounding for a mag (family relocated south before I was born as dad was RAF) and I say 'Newcastle' the way a 'real' Geordie would say it, same with Bath (despite having grown up 10 miles down the road) and grass, etc etc. It's not a conscious thing, just the way my dad said them so s'pose I learned from him.

With the fans it can work both ways. The Reading game last year was dreadful and full of 'cockney mags' but the Peterboro game was one of the best I've ever been to for atmosphere and once again had a lot of us southern types. Terracing helped mind you. I'm surprised to hear people complain about Upton Park, I've had a great time on the couple of occasions I've been in the away end for our matches.

Thought the atmosphere was pretty good myself.  Not sure how the accent of the songs would make a difference...?

blydon rices, twas on the noinph o' djune. aye'een'undred an sixty too on a sammers arfternoon.

:lol: