Newcastle United 0 - 4 Arsenal (CC) - 27/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Dave

Krul-6 - average game bad keeping for the first

Raylor-6- another average on par with perch as an rb

Perch-6.5- best game ive seen from him so far

Williamson-7- solid

Kadar-7- good performance deffo one for the future

Routledge-6.5- looks like hes not arsed attitude doesnt impress me

Smith-7- good game by his standards if that shot in the first half had gone in :smitten:

Guthrie-6.5- good passer terrible corners

Vuckic-8- MOTM for me strong fast good passer

Ranger -7- done his job looked strong

Lovenkrands-6- unnoticable

Carroll-7- good when he came on brought on to late imo

Jonas-7-see carroll

Barton-7- good on the ball didnt see the tackle that got him a yellow

The reason you didn't notice him was he only touched the ball on two occasions - and each time he was offside.

I know I go on about it, but what's the point of playing him? He's not giving anything to the side.

Aye. Enough's enough.

Wasn't impressed by the tracking back of players at the end of the game mind.

Aye. Wasn't impressed with the pushing forward either - at 2-0, they just seemed to stand in the centre of the pitch and not move.

There was a ball played into the box by Carroll and Ranger was there by himself at one point - no Guthrie, no Vuckic, no Smith, no Taylor - disgraceful considering we had nowt to lose.

Guest palnese

Williamson-7- solid

Smith-7- good game by his standards if that shot in the first half had gone in :smitten:

Jonas-7-see carroll

The reason you didn't notice him was he only touched the ball on two occasions - and each time he was offside.

I know I go on about it, but what's the point of playing him? He's not giving anything to the side.

Aye. Enough's enough.

We know you hate Lovenkrands. Please stop it now, we get it.

Williamson-7- solid

Jonas-7-see carroll

Aye. Enough's enough.

Didnt he sign a three year contract last year?  I hope i'll never see him in a newcastle shirt again..

So fucking annoying that when something is there for the taking (the presumption Arsenal starts with pretty much their kids) we don't go for it. Especially when Hughton fucking plays Carroll, Jonas and Barton for pretty much an entire half as well, so much for "saving" them for the weekend. Fuck right off. :angry:

So much more annoying than just losing when you know it could have been won if we'd not went with our reserves.

Most of the Arsenal kids are better than our first team.

It'd not have ended 0-4 if say, Colo, Enrique, Jonas, Carroll, Tiote and Barton had started. I dare say we'd probably have won it against the players they started with if we'd gone for it.

A similar line up beat Chelsea but I bet people would have been saying exactly the same if we lost that one. I don't mind having priorities, it was a risk throwing on Carroll, Barton and Jonas but maybe he cared a little more than he made out. I still would have gone for that line up (or similar), as defeatist as it is to some people the league is priority 1, 2 and 3 for me.

The main issue was right back, why play our shittest player up against their best player (in the starting eleven)? If we'd have a player playing there with some sense of tactical nous and timing we could have seen a different match. Granted, hindsights 20/20, but regardless on if I'd agree with most of the players in the starting eleven I was fuming by the sight of Perch's name in it. Fuck Perch. It's the first player who plays for us that I genuinely have started to literally despise. He's just so fucking shit.

So fucking annoying that when something is there for the taking (the presumption Arsenal starts with pretty much their kids) we don't go for it. Especially when Hughton fucking plays Carroll, Jonas and Barton for pretty much an entire half as well, so much for "saving" them for the weekend. Fuck right off. :angry:

So much more annoying than just losing when you know it could have been won if we'd not went with our reserves.

It'd not have ended 0-4 if say, Colo, Enrique, Jonas, Carroll, Tiote and Barton had started. I dare say we'd probably have won it against the players they started with if we'd gone for it.

A similar line up beat Chelsea but I bet people would have been saying exactly the same if we lost that one. I don't mind having priorities, it was a risk throwing on Carroll, Barton and Jonas but maybe he cared a little more than he made out. I still would have gone for that line up (or similar), as defeatist as it is to some people the league is priority 1, 2 and 3 for me.

The main issue was right back, why play our shittest player up against their best player (in the starting eleven)? If we'd have a player playing there with some sense of tactical nous and timing we could have seen a different match. Granted, hindsights 20/20, but regardless on if I'd agree with most of the players in the starting eleven I was fuming by the sight of Perch's name in it. Fuck Perch. It's the first player who plays for us that I genuinely have started to literally despise. He's just so fucking shit.

Er, Perch didn't play at right back. At any point.

Er, Perch didn't play at right back. At any point.

Left back, obviously.