Greatest game youve been to?

Guest jonnyameobi

Hull away in the FA cup relegation season 08-09.

The HT fight between Keith Barrett and some fat gadgee was canny

------

Going to watch Boca in La Bombonera last year would be up there for me. Realisation of a lifetime ambition and easily the best of the 4 games I went to in Sth America. Bolivia v Brazil was good n all.

Guest The Bull

Beating Man Utd 4-3 was pretty special.

Robert free-kick, Bellamy raped Laurent Blanc and Shearer got Keane sent off.

I have the match ball from that match ;) One of the Neville's blasted it up into the stand at the full tie whistle, hit me dad in the side of the heed...was quick to get it up me top and walked home looking like a young pregnant boird.

Sadly not been to any really 'great' Newcastle games. My best was probably the 3-1 win over West Ham at home, Sep 2007, Viduka double which got me going.

Best game I've been to, was as a neutral to Rangers vs Aberdeen last game of the season in 1996. Gazza scored a hattrick to win the league, really never experienced an atmosphere as intense as that day. Nothing has come close, but then it was exceptional circumstances.

That was my last NUFC

And we never met up. :no:

Beating Man Utd 4-3 was pretty special.

Robert free-kick, Bellamy raped Laurent Blanc and Shearer got Keane sent off.

This, along with Barca 3-2 which I nearly missed due to throwing a tantrum :blush:. Also enjoyed 1-0 at the mackems when Solano scored, but I was in the home end so it was more for the weird experience of the day.

Guest Brazilianbob

NUFC 3 v 0 Uijpest Dosza in the 1st leg of Inter Cities Fairs Cup.    Cracking game!  We were  underdogs but we paralysed them.  They thought all they had to do was turn up and they would walk off with the trophy!  We showed them otherwise!

Leeds (a) 96/97 1-0 win (shearer) - Simply because it was my first game and I was 6, in the Leeds end with my Toon shirt on and my Mam jumped up when we scored :lol:

Bayer Leverkusen (h) 02/03 3-1 win (Shearer hatrick) - Only ever CL game I've been to. Shearer hatrick in the first half in front of the Leazes where I was sat.

Portsmouth (h) 2-0 win  (N'Zogbia, Shearer) - Don't need to say much about this one. The record breaker in front of me in the Gallowgate, don't think I've ever cheered as loud. Epic atmosphere.

Barnsley (a) last season 2-2 draw (Nolan, Harewood) - 7,000 of us man. Mental.

Boro (h) last season 2-0 win (Harewood, Shola) Game was alright, nothing special, but I just remember the journey up in the snow, having the to clean the windscreens at a service station so my Dad could see where he was going. The piles of snow on the side of the pitch, it being -14 according to the car's temp gauge, having 7 layers on and still being cold. Oh and we dicked them.

Honourable mentions would go to: Reading 3-2 under Roeder, Mallorca 4-1 in the Waffa under SBR, Everton (a) and Wigan (h) this season.

Guest Brazilianbob

I can't believe those who rate the 5-1 sunderland result as the best game they have ever seen!

It's not as if Sunderland are a great team after all!

It was probably one of the most satisfying results, but that is a whole different ball game if you will excuse the pun!

Guest The Bull

I've just remembered the 3-1 defeat at Blackburn in 07/08. Not for the game, but the atmosphere. We filled the away stand and had the 'party tent' in the pub opposite. Tipped 'The Blackburn Invasion' it was.

I've just remembered the 3-1 defeat at Blackburn in 07/08. Not for the game, but the atmosphere. We filled the away stand and had the 'party tent' in the pub opposite. Tipped 'The Blackburn Invasion' it was.

Amazing day out. Lets go fking mental in the party tent.

I was at that one!!!  I was there the year before too, when we won 3-1.  Oba got 2, one after Friedel came up for a corner and Oba had an open goal.  The party tent in the Fernhurst carpark was quality!

I can't believe those who rate the 5-1 sunderland result as the best game they have ever seen!

It's not as if Sunderland are a great team after all!

It was probably one of the most satisfying results, but that is a whole different ball game if you will excuse the pun!

Dunno if thats tongue in cheek but obviously you cant question why its the greatest to them.:)

Aye, was at that one. Probably the best away game I've been to.

The place went absolutely mental when Martins scored at the end  :aww:

in that vein, easter monday away at sheff weds. getting beat, last 10 mins, the leppings lane corner where there is a flag pole with a union jack with SWFC on it.....someone pulls the flag down and hoists a black and white scarf in its place and the whole place goes berserk. we still lose but that 10 mins we were like pirates taking over a ship and one of the best atmospheres i've known.

Guest The Bull

in that vein, easter monday away at sheff weds. getting beat, last 10 mins, the leppings lane corner where there is a flag pole with a union jack with SWFC on it.....someone pulls the flag down and hoists a black and white scarf in its place and the whole place goes berserk. we still lose but that 10 mins we were like pirates taking over a ship and one of the best atmospheres i've known.

Never heard this. Thats sounds class!