Greatest game youve been to?

Guest jonnyameobi

The one in the Cornmill Shopping Centre here in Darlo. [/yesiamthatguy]

Our 6-2 game btw mentioned earlier in the thread was insane. iirc, Dyer ripped us a new one. It was 2-2 as well at HT I think. Fuck's sake.

I enjoyed Cardiff in the cup a couple of seasons ago. Not the game really, just the trip was good and we had some good banter with the toll booth man on the bridge over to Wales!

Also I was sitting a row in front of Mike Ashley and his mates, in the days when we still thought he was going to be the perfect owner - a rich English owner who loved football and identified with the fans!

I enjoyed Cardiff in the cup a couple of seasons ago. Not the game really, just the trip was good and we had some good banter with the toll booth man on the bridge over to Wales!

Also I was sitting a row in front of Mike Ashley and his mates, in the days when we still thought he was going to be the perfect owner - a rich English owner who loved football and identified with the fans!

When did we play Cardiff in the cup while Ashley was owner? ???

I'm pretty sure we did, unless I'm going mental. How do I find out these things?

I'm pretty sure we did, unless I'm going mental. How do I find out these things?

I thought you were talking about the semi final against Man U at the Millennium Stadium until you mentioned Ashley.

I don't think we've ever faced Cardiff in the cup in recent times.

I thought you were talking about the semi final against Man U at the Millennium Stadium until you mentioned Ashley.

Hmm, I would say it was in the Championship then, but I know that's not the case as obviously Ashley was hated by then and Michael Owen was playing.

Have to get the ticket out when I get home.

Sadly not been to any really 'great' Newcastle games.  My best was probably the 3-1 win over West Ham at home, Sep 2007, Viduka double which got me going.

Best game I've been to, was as a neutral to Rangers vs Aberdeen last game of the season in 1996.  Gazza scored a hattrick to win the league, really never experienced an atmosphere as intense as that day.  Nothing has come close, but then it was exceptional circumstances.

we haven't.

Hmm, I would say it was in the Championship then, but I know that's not the case as obviously Ashley was hated by then and Michael Owen was playing.

If Owen was playing and Ashley still a 'good owner' then you're probably talking about Coventry. KK was in charge, was August 2008 with Owen coming on and scoring the winner for us.

Obviously a really memorable game! :lol:

From a non NUFC persepctive - the recent Scotland v Spain match.

Watching Alonso and Iniesta was truly mesmerising as neither wasted a pass all night.  But nothing will ever beat the celebrations when we scored the equalising goal from 2-0 down to make it 2-2.

We lost 3-2 in the end, but it was a good match to be at.

Obviously a really memorable game! :lol:

I did say that is wasn't about the game! :blush:

Most of the stuff I've enjoyed doesn't have much to do with what happens on the pitch - I tend to miss the best games and go to Fulham away.

If Owen was playing and Ashley still a 'good owner' then you're probably talking about Coventry. KK was in charge, was August 2008 with Owen coming on and scoring the winner for us.

Ah fuck, I think you're right! I must be mashing together two games in my head.

Ah well, step away, nothing to see here! :lol:

Sadly not been to any really 'great' Newcastle games.  My best was probably the 3-1 win over West Ham at home, Sep 2007, Viduka double which got me going.

Best game I've been to, was as a neutral to Rangers vs Aberdeen last game of the season in 1996.  Gazza scored a hattrick to win the league, really never experienced an atmosphere as intense as that day.  Nothing has come close, but then it was exceptional circumstances.

That was my last NUFC game before Sunday :aww:

Guest Roger Kint

Beating Man Utd 4-3 was pretty special.

Robert free-kick, Bellamy raped Laurent Blanc and Shearer got Keane sent off.

Gutted i had to watch Soocer Saturday for this one, lying on sofa after just getting out of hospital with full leg cast. Nearly done serious damage celebrating during it falling to the floor forgetting i was knackered.....