Footy trivia

Guest jonnyameobi

1 minute ago, bigfella said:

Bournemouth are AFC Bournemouth

You're right, although I would query that tbh. Sunderland are Sunderland AFC if we're going to get into nitpicking.

Blackpool are the missing link.

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

You're right, although I would query that tbh. Sunderland are Sunderland AFC if we're going to get into nitpicking.

Blackpool are the missing link.

Aye fair comment. Although sunderland are always makem bastards to me, therefore two words.

While this thread is bumped I suppose 'name the nufc manager who didn't attend his first match in charge' could be a good one in a few decades.

Any other similar instances people can think of? I've no answers FYI, just curious! 

2 minutes ago, Abra Dubravka said:

First Newcastle game, Southampton away, pretty sure I remember Souness wasnt there and on 'gardening leave' before taking over...

I believe his gardening leave was a home game, possibly against Blackburn at home, who he left.

Then we went to Southampton, where Carr scored a blinder.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I believe his gardening leave was a home game, possibly against Blackburn at home, who he left.

Then we went to Southampton, where Carr scored a blinder.

That's probably right then.  Was first NUFC game as a kid. 90mins of 'Graeme Souness, what a wanker, what a wanker...'

Yeah I've just checked. SBR was sacked after away trip to Villa, lost 4-2. We had a cup game against Hapoel and then he was in the stands against Blackburn. Carver [emoji38], I think was in the dugout and we won 3-0.

I came up with a question recently but ive no idea of the answer and id imagine finding the right answer would be pretty difficult. A few of you might be interest in having a go and rather than getting the 'right' answer just try and better the previous high score.

In the Premier League era which player has scored against the same team at the highest number of stadiums. Includes domestic, european and friendly games (must have been 1st team fixtures) but does not include International games.

It could be a striker who has played for a lot of different teams, a player who has played in a lot of finals or even just someone like Harry Kane who had three home grounds in just a few seasons.

Over to you... 

Edited by geordie_b

Thought Ronaldo vs Atleti might be a good few but it's only 4. Hasn't scored at the Wanda, only scored in 1 CL final and the Copa del Rey final he scored in was at the Bernabeu.

Bernabeu

Juve Allianz

Calderon

Estadio de Luz (CL final)

20 minutes ago, Abra Dubravka said:

Going to be a headace of looking through stats that... 

First name jumped out was Andy Cole. Scored plenty, more than a few PL clubs, would have have played at Wembley 

Had a look at his record against Liverpool, madly he never scored against them at home for anyone other than us, shitloads at Anfield. :lol:

Im going to set the bar at a very solid 5

Harry Kane vs Leicester

King Power

White Hart Lane

Wembley

New White Hart Lane

The Den

A very useful resource is TransferMarkt.co.uk, search a player name then on their profile click 'stats' and then 'record against...?' It'll show the number of times they have scored against each time and if you then click on the appearances number itll show each game and whether they scored

eg https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harry-kane/bilanzdetails/spieler/132098/gegner/1003

Using the site isnt cheating as its still very difficult and frustrating, I know there will be a 6 and a 7 out there.

Just gotta think outside the box eg

FA Cup final venues x3

FA Cup semi final neutral venues

Teams ground sharing during refurbishments

Friendly tournaments abroad

EDIT Sorry Nut posted before I saw your answer

Edited by geordie_b

Thought I had 6 for a minute, but only 5 vs Atleti, Sergio Ramos:

Estadio de Luz (CL final)

San Siro (CL final)

Lillekula Stadium, Tallinn (UEFA Super Cup)

Bernabeu

Wanda Metropolitano

Really frustrating, never scored at the Calderon.

55 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

I came up with a question recently but ive no idea of the answer and id imagine finding the right answer would be pretty difficult. A few of you might be interest in having a go and rather than getting the 'right' answer just try and better the previous high score.

In the Premier League era which player has scored against the same team at the highest number of stadiums. Includes domestic, european and friendly games (must have been 1st team fixtures) but does not include International games.

It could be a striker who has played for a lot of different teams, a player who has played in a lot of finals or even just someone like Harry Kane who had three home grounds in just a few seasons.

Over to you... 

Missed this part. :lol: