Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Qatar do not recognise Israel as a state. You would be refused entry into Qatar with an Israeli passport.

I hope Israel get a bye to the finals. Could open floodgates of countries who'll not attend due to the general stance on this alone - although they will have open borders for the duration of the tournement.

Disgrace in reality.

Our own media stirring shit didn't help.

isn't it the people who accept bribes for votes that 'don't help' ?

Obviously. But all the accusations etc that got leaked by our own press did not help.

If they've been bribed, it wouldn't matter what the press said.

Would the Spanish and Russian media sources run the stories as much as we did here? Essentially, FIFA will see our country as a grass - this is our punishment.

FIFA Executive members had said England was the best bid, but the media was the reason the didn't vote. Sepp Blatter made a speech to the members beforehand reminding them of what the British press had done. SSN now.

:snod:

Tbf to those 2 papers, as much as I hate their sensationalist crap, if they don't end up with lawsuits against them, that says it all. That shit can be very damaging, would be surprised to see FIFA let them get away with it if there's not an ounce of truth in it...

Tbf to those 2 papers, as much as I hate their sensationalist crap, if they don't end up with lawsuits against them, that says it all. That shit can be very damaging, would be surprised to see FIFA let them get away with it if there's not an ounce of truth in it...

Like Alex Ferguson and Allardyce suing the BBC.

Still waiting ......

Qatar do not recognise Israel as a state. You would be refused entry into Qatar with an Israeli passport.

Think I might try and move there...

Guest thenorthumbrian

The ironic thing is that the one non-British vote we got was from one of the men mentioned in the Panorama programme.

Rather than whine about possible corruption I believe FIFA have been trying to give the world cup to nations and areas of the world which have never held it before.

Which suggests that the European countries were wasting their time biding in the first place.

The ironic thing is that the one non-British vote we got was from one of the men mentioned in the Panorama programme.

Rather than whine about possible corruption I believe FIFA have been trying to give the world cup to nations and areas of the world which have never held it before.

Which suggests that the European countries were wasting their time biding in the first place.

Two oil rich states that offer very little or nothing in Qatars case to the footballing world.

So on that basis somewhere like China will get 2026? Or can they ... as an Asian country immediately after Qatar?

2002 - Asia

2006 - Europe

2010 - Africa

2014 - South America

2018 - Europe/Asia

2022 - Asia

2026 - USA? Argentina (unlikely imo)? Australia? Or simply back to Europe ..?

I don't care anymore, I've washed my hands of international football. The FA arn't going to leave FIFA, so England's national team can fuck off when it's playing any FIFA organised game. As petty as it sounds I will not be buying any future copies of the FIFA game.

I don't care anymore, I've washed my hands of international football. The FA arn't going to leave FIFA, so England's national team can fuck off when it's playing any FIFA organised game. As petty as it sounds I will not be buying any future copies of the FIFA game.

Oh, but Pro Evo is rubbish!

"I thought England was a very strong candidate. Their presentation was one of the best presentations.

"But I think there was a big influence from the BBC and the Sunday Times. These reports possibly influenced people. It made damage for some people."

England bid chief Andy Anson said he had been told that FIFA president Sepp Blatter gave a private address to the members of the executive committee before voting took place, reminding them of the investigations and the "evil of the media".

"I think that was unhelpful - the last thing those guys hear before they go and tick the box is the 'evil of the media'," Anson said. "That is not helpful and actually inaccurate.

"I was told by someone who was in the room that that's the last thing they were told by Sepp Blatter. There was a final sum-up before they voted and I think it was at the beginning of that. That's not helpful to our cause."

Aye, sounds like it.

Guest Roger Kint

We know that Jap bloke didnt vote for us and i am sure he said he would two days ago so i guess he was 'some people'  :shifty: