Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not read through the thread since I've been to work but I see they've released the voting figures. How come Holland-Belgium lost 2 votes from the first round to the second?

I think people are seriously underestimating Qatar. I stopped there on the way to India a few years ago, looks a really well developing country. Their GDP per capita is double ours - it's going to be a breathtaking World Cup.

Canny easy to retain a high GDP/capita when your population is little bigger than that of Tyneside.

That will be there strength though. Imagine a World Cup where there will be little than a few hours travel from one end of the country to the other. It's also important to consider the population growth the country has experienced (in the last 10 years the population has doubled) and will continue to experience. The population is around 1.3m, by 2022, who knows maybe 4/5m?

These 'OPEC' arab states are going to leave us in the dust in the next twenty or so years. Seriously, compare their development to ours. It's embarrassing for us, but this is the era we live in ...

It's also important to consider Asia. The likes of India and China, a third of the world's population between them will only be 4/5 flight hours away. Asia is turning into the future of football, lucrative, emerging markets will be where the money is whilst Europe is dragging itself out of the shit we put ourselves in. Football in no longer solely European, like it or lump it.

Lot of bollocks in there, like.

China and India are the future of the game? A third of the world's population and neither have even managed to qualify for a World Cup, ever. Neither country gives a toss about the sport, man.

Qatar. It's not much bigger that the Isle of Wight and has a population about the size of Tyne and Wear. Its population growth rate is 0.869% -- 130th in the world. It's migrant rate is -4.41 per 1,000 population – 198th in the world. And you think there'll be 4/5 million people there by 2022?

Give me a bag of whatever this chump has been smoking. It's obviously powerful stuff.

(Figures from the CIA World Factbook, by the way.)

Not read through the thread since I've been to work but I see they've released the voting figures. How come Holland-Belgium lost 2 votes from the first round to the second?

That's assuming that the two votes from the first round for England are not the two that voted for the Netherlands / Belgium in round two.  If this isn't a clear indication of dubious practices in the voting then I don't know what is.

Just realised 2030 will be the centenary of the World Cup. I wonder if they'll take it back to Uruguay then.

I think Uruguay are bidding for it, possibly joint with the Argies? I'm sure they'll get along well.

That's assuming that the two votes from the first round for England are not the two that voted for the Netherlands / Belgium in round two.  If this isn't a clear indication of dubious practices in the voting then I don't know what is.

You shouldn't be able to change your vote from one round to the next unless the bid you voted for was eliminated. The only reason you would is if you were voting tactically.

Ah so that means if China bid for 2026 as they announced today (which would be 2 on the bounce in Asia, although a nice cheque will make FIFA forget about past rules I'm sure) and Uruguay get 2030 the earliest possible one we could even think about hosting is 2034. I'll be fucking 42 by then! :lol:

I think people are seriously underestimating Qatar. I stopped there on the way to India a few years ago, looks a really well developing country. Their GDP per capita is double ours - it's going to be a breathtaking World Cup.

Canny easy to retain a high GDP/capita when your population is little bigger than that of Tyneside.

That will be there strength though. Imagine a World Cup where there will be little than a few hours travel from one end of the country to the other. It's also important to consider the population growth the country has experienced (in the last 10 years the population has doubled) and will continue to experience. The population is around 1.3m, by 2022, who knows maybe 4/5m?

These 'OPEC' arab states are going to leave us in the dust in the next twenty or so years. Seriously, compare their development to ours. It's embarrassing for us, but this is the era we live in ...

It's also important to consider Asia. The likes of India and China, a third of the world's population between them will only be 4/5 flight hours away. Asia is turning into the future of football, lucrative, emerging markets will be where the money is whilst Europe is dragging itself out of the shit we put ourselves in. Football in no longer solely European, like it or lump it.

China and India are the future of the game? A third of the world's population and neither have even managed to qualify for a World Cup, ever. Neither country gives a toss about the sport, man.

Qatar. It's not much bigger that the Isle of Wight and has a population about the size of Tyne and Wear. Its population growth rate is 0.869% -- 130th in the world. It's migrant rate is -4.41 per 1,000 population – 198th in the world. And you think there'll be 4/5 million people there by 2022?

Give me a bag of whatever this chump has been smoking. It's obviously powerful stuff.

China have.  :razz:

China have.  :razz:

Obviously it's the future of football, then, and the choice of Qatar makes perfect sense.

:facepalm:

ENGLAND 2026 BID TO BE BASED ON BRIBES AND POISON

02-12-10

Daily Mash

ENGLAND'S bid for the 2026 World Cup will focus less on youth development and stadia and more on backhanders and polonium sandwiches, it has been confirmed.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/images/stories/pudog.jpg

Mr Blatter has asked for his dog to be returned

As Fifa president Sepp Blatter announced Russia as hosts of the 2018 event, the Football Association stressed that next time it would simply hand out jiffy bags stuffed with crisp £50 notes along with the implicit threat of certain death.

An FA spokesman said: "We also realised we made a huge mistake bringing David Beckham and Prince William. Next time round we'll just get Kenneth Noyes and couple of Barbara Windsor's ex-husbands out on day release and let them do a bit of mingling."

In Zurich, a delighted Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin said he was 'very very surprised' that his country's bid had been successful adding: "So, so surprised. I really am very surprised indeed.

"I am also very pleased for Mr Blatter and his colleagues. They must be incredibly relieved. I know I would be."

Shortly before the voting began the Russian FA ordered a waiter to offer round a tray of exotic fish paste sandwiches while Mr Putin stood behind him glaring menacingly at each member of the voting committee.

He then asked each of the Fifa officials if they were voting for Russia and if they hesitated or said 'no', Mr Putin immediately replied: "Take sandwich. Is good."

Russia's winning presentation used state-of-the-art computer graphics to depict each committee member cruising along the French Riviera in a Bentley Continental alongside a large-chested blonde woman who was clearly attracted to them, to the strains of Beautiful Day by U2.

But the presentation came to a sudden and dramatic climax with a large, black-bordered photograph of former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko lying in his London hospital bed, accompanied by the opening bars of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

Mr Putin then took to the stage and said: "We will also build some stadiums and have trains."

England fan Tom Logan said: "I'm gutted for England but I'm also looking forward to going to Russia, having something slipped into my drink, waking up in a basement and told that I have to marry someone's sister and take a load of heroin back to Stevenage or they'll shoot my mum."

:laugh: Sums it up...

Guest neesy111

Just got in from being in a conference all day, but the amount of people blaming FIFA is ridiculous.  The FA have been incompetent as an organization for over 30 years, it hasn't changed and will not change until people are elected in the FA from football itself.

I saw a video about their stadiums, the one in the picture with football players on the sign is supposed to be highlights or television. Every clip they used in the video was blatantly ripped off of ESPN's 2006 highlight package.

Just got in from being in a conference all day, but the amount of people blaming FIFA is ridiculous.  The FA have been incompetent as an organization for over 30 years, it hasn't changed and will not change until people are elected in the FA from football itself.

It's true that the FA are fucking useless.

FIFA are still a bunch of cunts, though.

Guest neesy111

It's true that the FA are fucking useless.

FIFA are still a bunch of cunts, though.

FIFA are, but those totally blaming FIFA are fucking naive about the state the FA is in.  The FA has always been clueless since they didn't give Brian Clough the job, completely incompetent.