Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Also Qatar will be the worst World Cup ever, quite simply can't see how any culture and atmosphere is going to be generated in the place. It'll be like visiting Dubai, very nice to see but little culture about.

Yeah.... that's what some people thought about Japan/Korea.

sorry, but i just have to flag up the fact that you're seemingly comparing Qatar, a country that a few years back was one big sand dune, to the ancient cultures of Japan and Korea, with their rich heritages and many, many millions of people, cultural and technological accomplishments, legacies of artistic and scientific brilliance, high levels of human development, well respected civil societies, freedom of the press and so on. who the hell said Japan/Korea had no culture or atmosphere? idiotic in the extreme.

qatar is just a few dozen rich royals who probably live in london or paris paying off some corrupt bastards in order to stage an event that they should never have even been considered for. Japan and Korea are some of the most well respected and most well developed countries on the planet. it's kind of like comparing newcastle with sunderland...

What’s idiotic is your totally irrelevant and off the point post. Frankly, I couldn’t care less about those factors that you mentioned. Stick to football, thanks.

When nessy asks “how any culture and atmosphere is going to be generated in the place” I instantly thought about the atmosphere and the passion in the stadiums. This is what I was certainly referring to. I don’t know how off the pitch events held a thousand miles away is going to spoil your enjoyment of the world cup.

f***ing hell…. only few weeks back there was a thread saying politics and religion shouldn’t mix with football. Were you one of those people that agreed with that, by any chance?

It shouldn't, but can't see what that's got to do with what he posted.

Well, if you had read the thread you would notice posts from him and others referring to Qatar's lack of human rights, blah blah blah. Double standards....end of.

So... because their obscene human rights record is based on religious grounds, you think it should be ignored and they should be allowed to get on with it and we should all flock there and agree to hold major world events there?

Mohammad wept.

Also Qatar will be the worst World Cup ever, quite simply can't see how any culture and atmosphere is going to be generated in the place.  It'll be like visiting Dubai, very nice to see but little culture about.

sorry, but i just have to flag up the fact that you're seemingly comparing Qatar, a country that a few years back was one big sand dune, to the ancient cultures of Japan and Korea, with their rich heritages and many, many millions of people, cultural and technological accomplishments, legacies of artistic and scientific brilliance, high levels of human development, well respected civil societies, freedom of the press and so on. who the hell said Japan/Korea had no culture or atmosphere? idiotic in the extreme.

qatar is just a few dozen rich royals who probably live in london or paris paying off some corrupt bastards in order to stage an event that they should never have even been considered for. Japan and Korea are some of the most well respected and most well developed countries on the planet. it's kind of like comparing newcastle with sunderland...

What’s idiotic is your totally irrelevant and off the point post. Frankly, I couldn’t care less about those factors that you mentioned. Stick to football, thanks.

When nessy asks “how any culture and atmosphere is going to be generated in the place” I instantly thought about the atmosphere and the passion in the stadiums.  This is what I was certainly referring to. I don’t know how off the pitch events held a thousand miles away is going to spoil your enjoyment of the world cup.

f***ing hell…. only few weeks back there was a thread saying politics and religion shouldn’t mix with football.  Were you one of those people that agreed with that, by any chance?

Well, if you had read the thread you would notice posts from him and others referring to Qatar's lack of human rights, blah blah blah. Double standards....end of.

So... because their obscene human rights record is based on religious grounds, you think it should be ignored and they should be allowed to get on with it and we should all flock there and agree to hold major world events there?

Mohammad wept.

No, it is because football shouldn't mix with it. Simple as really.

Didn't hear the fuss over USA holding the 94 world cup, BTW. They've absued human rights abroad as well, you know. Just visit Wikileak if you want more information.

Well its said European teams can't bid again until 2030, and I presume if no bids can come from the Asian or South American confederations either then it is North America or Africa.

I'd love to see a Carribean joint bid.

Are u kidding? This is Jack Warner territory. Oh wait a minute, perhaps they thought this through so Jacks family can cash in.  No, surely FIFA aren't corrupt!  Get your bets on. 

Also Qatar will be the worst World Cup ever, quite simply can't see how any culture and atmosphere is going to be generated in the place.  It'll be like visiting Dubai, very nice to see but little culture about.

When nessy asks “how any culture and atmosphere is going to be generated in the place” I instantly thought about the atmosphere and the passion in the stadiums.  This is what I was certainly referring to. I don’t know how off the pitch events held a thousand miles away is going to spoil your enjoyment of the world cup.

f***ing hell…. only few weeks back there was a thread saying politics and religion shouldn’t mix with football.  Were you one of those people that agreed with that, by any chance?

Mohammad wept.

Didn't hear the fuss over USA holding the 94 world cup, BTW. They've absued human rights abroad as well, you know. Just visit Wikileak if you want more information.

Just have & it seems a load of Arab leaders were egging America to attack Iran, America ignored them.

Also read:

"Qatar's emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, tries to please all parties in the Middle East, including Syria, Iran and the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas, to underline its independence while hosting a major US base, he said.

The result is that he is "annoying everyone," according to Dagan, who pointed to frequent fallout from damaging coverage of Arab states by Qatar's satellite news channel Al-Jazeera.

The station could even provoke the Middle East's next war because Arab leaders hold Sheikh Hamad personally responsible for the coverage, according to the Mossad chief."

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

The "continent rotation" has never been official, AFAIK the only rule in place is that a confederation can't host two consecutive WCs.

It was official. Here's a link from when they announced they were dropping the policy:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/football/10/29/switzerland.cup/index.html

The rule is a continent can't apply to host if it has hosted one of the previous two. South America is in play for 2026, although as someone mentioned they may have their sights set on Argentina/Uruguay for 2030. That would essentially make it Africa vs. USA for 2026.

I'd love to see a Carribean joint bid. Either have a single West Indies style team as a one off, or have 5 team groups, or have a Carribean qualification group that leads directly into the World Cup.

This has to be said by someone who did not witness the shambles of the cricket world cup in the Caribbean.

I'd love to see a Carribean joint bid. Either have a single West Indies style team as a one off, or have 5 team groups, or have a Carribean qualification group that leads directly into the World Cup.

This has to be said by someone who did not witness the shambles of the cricket world cup in the Caribbean.

;D Not aware of the cricket, but I can't imagine that this would be anything other than an unmitigated disaster.

Mohammad wept.

Maybe you should get a time machine and go back and tell them then, fuck me. :lol:

I don't think countries who live in the dark ages and are governed by a set of laws dreamed up by a paedophile in a cave should be allowed to host a World Cup. Same as I don't think a country like North Korea should be allowed to hold it, presumably you're all for that, or is it only religion that gets these places off the hook?

Mohammad wept.

Just have & it seems a load of Arab leaders were egging America to attack Iran, America did ignored them.

Also read:

"Qatar's emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, tries to please all parties in the Middle East, including Syria, Iran and the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas, to underline its independence while hosting a major US base, he said.

The result is that he is "annoying everyone," according to Dagan, who pointed to frequent fallout from damaging coverage of Arab states by Qatar's satellite news channel Al-Jazeera.

The station could even provoke the Middle East's next war because Arab leaders hold Sheikh Hamad personally responsible for the coverage, according to the Mossad chief."

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

I think Wullie has fooled you into thinking that I’m a supporter of Qatar’s regime or something.

Ignorant fuckers……  the both of you.

;D Not aware of the cricket, but I can't imagine that this would be anything other than an unmitigated disaster.

Wonder if all the host nations in the Caribbean would qualify automatically? Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados,  Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname & Trinidad and Tobago.

Mohammad wept.

Just have & it seems a load of Arab leaders were egging America to attack Iran, America did ignored them.

Also read:

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

I think Wullie has fooled you into thinking that I’m a supporter of Qatar’s regime or something.

You told me look at Wikileaks & I did, not sure why you have got out of your pram.

Mohammad wept.

Also read:

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

You don't support them but you support them enough to let them have the biggest sporting event in the world?

And I'm ignorant? I don't support Burma but I think they should get the next Olympics. Clueless.

Mohammad wept.

Maybe you should get a time machine and go back and tell them then, fuck me. :lol:

I don't think countries who live in the dark ages and are governed by a set of laws dreamed up by a paedophile in a cave should be allowed to host a World Cup. Same as I don't think a country like North Korea should be allowed to hold it, presumably you're all for that, or is it only religion that gets these places off the hook?

I'm not in any way saying Qatar should be getting a free card simply because of religion. You're simply twisting my words here. (just like you twisted my words about Qatar being a hot bed of football! :lol: )

If a country like Qatar is not entitled to host an event like the World Cup….. then where do we stop? Should we prevent people from going on holiday to Qatar and the Middle East as well, then? Or how about  Bskyb for advertising Qatar airways? :lol: Or maybe book publishers that print holiday guides of Doha?

The fact is, you, probably more than anyone on here, would probably agree that religion and politics shouldn’t mix with football. But here you are being hypocritical as fuck about it, tbh. Fuck off, cat boy.

The "continent rotation" has never been official, AFAIK the only rule in place is that a confederation can't host two consecutive WCs.

It was official. Here's a link from when they announced they were dropping the policy:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/football/10/29/switzerland.cup/index.html

The rule is a continent can't apply to host if it has hosted one of the previous two. South America is in play for 2026, although as someone mentioned they may have their sights set on Argentina/Uruguay for 2030. That would essentially make it Africa vs. USA for 2026.

USA isn't a developing country so it's certain Africa will get it if FIFA are as corrupt in eight years as they are today.

Also Qatar will be the worst World Cup ever, quite simply can't see how any culture and atmosphere is going to be generated in the place. It'll be like visiting Dubai, very nice to see but little culture about.

When nessy asks “how any culture and atmosphere is going to be generated in the place” I instantly thought about the atmosphere and the passion in the stadiums. This is what I was certainly referring to. I don’t know how off the pitch events held a thousand miles away is going to spoil your enjoyment of the world cup.

f***ing hell…. only few weeks back there was a thread saying politics and religion shouldn’t mix with football. Were you one of those people that agreed with that, by any chance?

Mohammad wept.

I'm not in any way saying Qatar should be getting a free card simply because of religion. You're simply twisting my words here. (just like you twisted my words about Qatar being a hot bed of football! :lol: )

If a country like Qatar is not entitled to host an event like the World Cup….. then where do we stop? Should we prevent people from going on holiday to Qatar and the Middle East as well, then? Or how about Bskyb for advertising Qatar airways? :lol: Or maybe book publishers that print holiday guides of Doha?

The fact is, you, probably more than anyone on here, would probably agree that religion and politics shouldn’t mix with football. But here you are being hypocritical as fuck about it, tbh. Fuck off, cat boy.

Do you think North Korea or Iran should be able to host the World Cup? In promoting Qatar's bid, by association FIFA are condoning their regime. I don't give a monkey's about religion, countries like that should not be chosen for holding world events until they catch up with the rest of the world and stop treating people like medieval slaves. Whether they do it because Mohammad was a headcase or because Kim Jong Il is a headcase is irrelevant.

Feel free to point out where I twisted your words about Qatar being a hotbed of football too. You're barmy.

Mohammad wept.

If a country like Qatar is not entitled to host an event like the World Cup….. then where do we stop? Should we prevent people from going on holiday to Qatar and the Middle East as well, then? Or how about  Bskyb for advertising Qatar airways? :lol: Or maybe book publishers that print holiday guides of Doha?

Do you think North Korea or Iran should be able to host the World Cup? In promoting Qatar's bid, by association FIFA are condoning their regime. I don't give a monkey's about religion, countries like that should not be chosen for holding world events until they catch up with the rest of the world and stop treating people like medieval slaves. Whether they do it because Mohammad was a headcase or because Kim Jong Il is a headcase is irrelevant.

Feel free to point out where I twisted your words about Qatar being a hotbed of football too. You're barmy.

Yeah.. last time I checked Qatar were ruled by Sharia law.

As for your last comment..... fuck off ... it's there. The first time you quoted me in this thread.

Come back when your views are not contradicting each other. A clear sign of talking utter bullshit, tbh.