Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

January World Cup?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Qatar-World-Cup-could-be-held-in-January-Beckenbauer/articleshow/7041540.cms

On another note ...

Qatar has the highest per-capita carbon dioxide emissions, at 55.5 metric tons per person in 2005. This is almost double the next highest per-capita emitting country, which is Kuwait at 30.7 metric tons (2005) and they are three times those of the United States. Qatar had the highest per-capita carbon dioxide emissions for the past 18 years. These emissions are largely due to high rates of energy use in Qatar. Major uses of energy in Qatar include air conditioning, natural gas processing, water desalination and electricity production. Between 1995 and 2011 the electricity generating capacity of Qatar will have increased to six times the previous level.

Here's a link to a graph showing all of the bidding countries.

http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&ctype=l&strail=false&nselm=h&met_y=en_atm_co2e_pc&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=country&idim=country:QAT:AUS:BEL:NLD:ESP:GBR:PRT:JPN:KOR:USA:RUS&tdim=true&tstart=-315619200000&tunit=Y&tlen=47&hl=en&dl=en&iconSize=0.5&uniSize=0.035

The only time Qatar seems to be able to host sporting events is early/late in the year because the heat is less of an issue. That's why they have a good quality tennis tournament in January, some exhibitions in December.  That's also why they're hosting asia's flagship continental competition in early january next year.

I don't think anyone doubts their capability to organise a good sporting tournament, which was why they got a decent score when they bid for the '16 olympics, but the heat will be a massive issue for a summer competition that's traditionally been a month-long beer-drinking football-watching party for the people who come to watch. I'm just not confident that the wc atmosphere will exist in Qatar, unless they pretty much air condition the shit out of everything.

The reason that brazil '14 will be a great wc is the reason that I have my doubts about Qatar hosting a summer football competition.

I love this place, but this thread is pathetic. It reeks of bitterness and double standards regarding football and politics. :lol:

I like that they gave them to two completely different countries that have never hosted the world cup before. That's the way it should be, as FIFA represents all footballing nations, even those without footballing history and same views (on life and politics) as yours.

I think both will be excellent wc's.  O0

They have a national football team, yes?

Accrington Stanley have a stadium, doesn't mean they should host England internationals

They have a national football team, yes?

So do San Marino but it doesn't mean they should host a World Cup.

A team that has never qualified and doesn't look like it will any time soon shouldn't host a World Cup whether that is Qatar, San Marino, Nicaragua, Bangladesh or any other country.

Any nation who has a national football team, and are capable of hosting a World Cup should have the same opportunity to do so as everyone else.

Can't you just admit that the toys are well out of your pram, and get over it? Footballs "coming home" eventually, chin up!  O0

Any nation who has a national football team, and are capable of hosting a World Cup should have the same opportunity to do so as everyone else.

Can't you just admit that the toys are well out of your pram, and get over it? Footballs "coming home" eventually, chin up!  O0

No one would have a problem if the 2018 or 2022 went to nations that provide "low risk" as the FIFA technical team reported. Also worth remembering England was not competing against the Doha 2022 bid so why would our toys be out of the pram for them getting a World Cup? We are just saying it how it is.

Can't say I have done too much reading up on the low risk part, but if that was the primary attribute FIFA were looking for, we wouldn't have seen WC's in South Africa and S.Korea, would we?

Nations do a lot to accomodate the WC, as will Russia and Qatar. Can't see what major risks there are in them hosting a WC. At least none that can't be fixed in a 4 and 8 years time span.

Can't say I have done too much reading up on the low risk part, but if that was the primary attribute FIFA were looking for, we wouldn't have seen WC's in South Africa and S.Korea, would we?

Not the case at all Japan & Korea were both classed as "Low risk". The USA has the best report out of all the bidders for either W/C the only two which did not get classed as low risk bids were Russia which was classed as "medium risk" & Qatar which was classed as "High risk". This is FIFA own report ffs!!!!

Have a look at http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72682.1140.htm

:lol:

:lol:

Do you just disagree, or have I written it wrong?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

They certainly don't seem too pleased on FF.

I thought Jonathon Pearce's 3rd chin was going to explode with rage at one point.

To me it looks like all of them are highly fixable.

No surprise really, I could see by your earlier comments something such as FIFA own technical report would not change your view point.

Well, yeah. Shouldn't be as black and white as that.