Giggs----Keane---Cantona---Beckham-

-----------Shearer----Henry--------

Newcastle premiership eleven?

-------------Given------------------

Watson---Albert---Woodgate---Barton

Ginola---Lee--Beardsley---Solano

-Ferdinand Shearer

What are yours?

Haven't really been around long enough to make a valid input in this thread but...

One question: What position was Peter Beardsley in his second stint at the club? I had always thought of him as a striker.

Also, one other question that someone might be able to answer: Why did Paul Kitson play so many games in the 94/95 season?

I think in any premierhsip greatest team I would look to accomodate Zola somewhere.

Great Dane

Rob Jones

Hendry

Adams

Dicks

Keane

Viera

Beckham

Giggs

Zola

Henry

Henry gets the nod purely to see how those two would play together, I might even stick Les there ahead of Shearer for the partnership even though Al > Les

Toon

Pav

Barton

Albert

Peacock

Bez

Batty

Lee

Gillespie

Robert

Les

Shearer

Again the front two for the partnership, can't argue with the goals, Pedro and Cole came close

Robert in ahead of Ginola as Daveed was really a one season wonder, Laurent probably had a longer efective spell

Premiership:

Schmeichel

G Neville Adams Terry Irwin

Beckham Keane Cantona Henry

Shearer Le Tissier

I know it's all about opinions but  bluebigeek.gif

Cantona and Henry in midfield?!? Le Tiss up front?!? (I mean, you could almost have gotten away with swapping Le Tiss and Eric...)

Apart from those three, I'd probably go along with something similar - I'd love to fit Vieria and Bergkamp in there, Giggs on the left would be a good shout too...

Prem:

Schmeichel

Neville          Adams            Terry         Cole

Keane

Viera

Cantona                                         Giggs

Shearer    Henry

Toon:

Given

Barton     Woodgate        Albert        Bez

Speed       

Nobby                           Lee

Beardo   

Ferdinand     Shearer

Rob Jones?  :lol:

Injury cruelly cut short a glittering career and is the only reason Neville has double figures in England caps

He wasn't that good before he got injured, not a patch on Gary Neville imo. Not a patch on Lee Dixon either.

Paul McGrath>John Terry

Risk of having McGrath next to Adams is too great! Could handle one being pissed dunno bout both

Jaap Stam takes some beating in there like.

Paul McGrath>John Terry

Risk of having McGrath next to Adams is too great! Could handle one being pissed dunno bout both

Jaap Stam takes some beating in there like.

I'd have him as first reserve.

Injury cruelly cut short a glittering career and is the only reason Neville has double figures in England caps

He wasn't that good before he got injured, not a patch on Gary Neville imo. Not a patch on Lee Dixon either.

Wasn't Dixon left back and Choccy Winterburn right back?

:lol: You've just revealed the extent of your knowledge there.

Gary Neville :lol:

Dunno why Neville gets knocked so much. He's been a top player for donkeys now. He's looked good so far this season whenever I've seen him and he's barely put a foot wrong for England and in fact has been our best player in quite a few competitive matches.

Dunno why Neville gets knocked so much. He's been a top player for donkeys now. He's looked good so far this season whenever I've seen him and he's barely put a foot wrong for England and in fact has been our best player in quite a few competitive matches.

Me either, I reckon he would make a lot of all-time Premiership XIs chosen by fellow pros.

Exactly my feelings mate.

Actually, when Dixon joined Arsenal he did play leftback with Winterburn right back. Just looked it up and they only swapped after a season. ha!

Still, I wasn't sure i had it right, happy to be proved wrong