Chris Hughton

stozo

"I have never met him in my life. He came to the Millwall game presumably because he was in town and he wanted to take in a game in London. That obviously set everybody talking.

"But I've not spoken to Chris, I've not had a job application from Chris, obviously he's a very good young manager so if he applies for the job we would consider it out of courtesy, but I've not spoken to him and I don't even know if he wants the job."

"young manager" - isn't he 52? :lol:

Mourinho is unproven at managing a team of ave players.

in chelsea he had players more talented than the league they were in.  It made him look better than he really is.

imo a team hiring him is taking a gamble.

O0

Thanks very much for signing Leon Best and giving us "this group of lads". :)

Who knows, maybe with hindsight Hughton did take us as far as he could. He molded a great team spirit and togetherness but was possibly a bit naive tactically.

Pardew may not be the best man for the job, but there's no doubt he has more experience as a manager so will know more tactically. You can see from some of the set-pieces we've had recently (Coloccini header v Wigan, the second goal today, etc) that there's a lot of work going in on the training ground, substitutions seem more timely (gave Ranger & Ferguson 25-30 minutes each when the game was won), and we just seem to have taken it on a level since he's came in.

Thanks very much for signing Leon Best and giving us "this group of lads". :)

Who knows, maybe with hindsight Hughton did take us as far as he could. He molded a great team spirit and togetherness but was possibly a bit naive tactically.

Pardew may not be the best man for the job, but there's no doubt he has more experience as a manager so will know more tactically. You can see from some of the set-pieces we've had recently (Coloccini header v Wigan, the second goal today, etc) that there's a lot of work going in on the training ground, substitutions seem more timely (gave Ranger & Ferguson 25-30 minutes each when the game was won), and we just seem to have taken it on a level since he's came in.

Agreed.  Add in the fact that Pardew may get a more robust transfer kitty than Hughton may have gotten. 

I must say I do feel a bit guilty having somewhat put Chris out of my mind, though.  I hope he gets a job soon.

Chris Hughton is a coach, not a manager.  He doesn't understand the tactical intricacies and strategy behind a genius move like bringing Tiote on when we are 2-0 down in the second half of a cup tie.  It takes a proper tie wearing manager like Pardew to understand it.

Chris Hughton is a coach, not a manager.  He doesn't understand the tactical intricacies and strategy behind a genius move like bringing Tiote on when we are 2-0 down in the second half of a cup tie.  It takes a proper tie wearing manager like Pardew to understand it.

:kinnear:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If Hughton was here, we would have played a fringe/youngsters team at Stevenage. And we would probably have won. And Tiote wouldn't have been red carded.

So yeah. :lol:

There's nothing to say that he would or wouldn't have got a different result. So let's stop bringing it up after EVERY defeat.

the accrington game is a somewhat comparable match, televised away cup match against a  league 2 side.

Guest BooBoo

:smitten:

I will support his new team as much as Newcastle. I will respect that club even more because they have Hughton and we have fucking Pardew and Arsehole

By quite some distance, you are the most dreadful poster on this forum. Wretched.

:smitten:

I will support his new team as much as Newcastle. I will respect that club even more because they have Hughton and we have f***ing Pardew and Arsehole

By quite some distance, you are the most dreadful poster on this forum. Wretched.

:lol:

Right now the only think that is more embarrassing than losing to Stevenage is posters who pine after Hughton after every defeat, typically coming out with bullshit like "oh he would have done this, he would not have done that". He's gone get over it, support the team and if you can't because you love HUghton too much, then please go fucking support whichever team he ends up managing (hint it won't be in the Premiership)!

Right now the only think that is more embarrassing than losing to Stevenage is posters who pine after Hughton after every defeat, typically coming out with bullshit like "oh he would have done this, he would not have done that". He's gone get over it, support the team and if you can't because you love HUghton too much, then please go fucking support whichever team he ends up managing (hint it won't be in the Premiership)!

:thup:

There's nothing to say that he would or wouldn't have got a different result. So let's stop bringing it up after EVERY defeat.

the accrington game is a somewhat comparable match, televised away cup match against a  league 2 side.

Comparable, but not the same. And if you were at the match, we were bloody lucky to come away with our hat in the next round. Two goal line clearances, one in the last minute, spring to mind.