Chris Hughton

stozo

Discounting Liverpool for obvious reasons, Pardew hasn't beaten any team that wasn't still in danger of going down on the final day.

He didn't say we 'beat' them though. Draws against Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United (and arguably Spurs) are good results.

Er... but 80 did? He said we won't "beat" bigger teams but will just bully relegation candidates and James said he was wrong when in fact he was spot on.

Fact remains that Pardew is too negative, doesn't win enough matches and hasn't got the first idea how to send a team out that will beat anything better than the worst the league has to offer.

Discounting Liverpool for obvious reasons, Pardew hasn't beaten any team that wasn't still in danger of going down on the final day.

He didn't say we 'beat' them though. Draws against Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United (and arguably Spurs) are good results.

Fact remains that Pardew is too negative

Very hard to make that assertion till after the summer, tbh. Our strength with the current squad certainly isn't attacking, particularly when you look at the dross we have up front.

Pardew's done fine so far. Not terrible, not great.

But also we've gotten very good results against the majority of the bigger teams.

What? :lol:

Hughton on the other hand beat four of the top ten (two on their own patch) plus Chelsea in the cup, yet he's the one that's tactically inept. :dontknow:

Yet Hughton's failed to get results against so called 'home bankers', they're both average managers for different reasons.

Also, I'd hardly call Pardew 'negative'

But also we've gotten very good results against the majority of the bigger teams.

Hughton on the other hand beat four of the top ten (two on their own patch) plus Chelsea in the cup, yet he's the one that's tactically inept. :dontknow:

Yet Hughton's failed to get results against so called 'home bankers', they're both average managers for different reasons.

I think sensible people would recognize that a) Hughton was still learning as a manager and b) he's already shown that he can get results against poorer sides and do it at home by losing only four games in the Championship and staying undefeated at SJP.

I think sensible people would recognize that a) Hughton was still learning as a manager and b) he's already shown that he can get results against poorer sides and do it at home by losing only four games in the Championship and staying undefeated at SJP.

For the record, I found Hughton's sacking as baffling as the next man and I don't partiuclarly like Parew as a person, but I personally think he's done a decent job with a limited squad. Next season will be his true test like.

For the record, I found Hughton's sacking as baffling as the next man and I don't partiuclarly like Parew as a person, but I personally think he's done a decent job with a limited squad. Next season will be his true test like.

This, all of this

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Pardew's positive.

HIV? Wouldn't surprise me given the rumours of his love life.

Was waiting for that. :lol:

For me, an important point for every club this season was that there was no such thing as a home banker. Tottenham losing to Wigan, Arsenal to WBA etc. etc. Surprise result after surprise result (especially when you throw in the 'banker' away results, like the top 5(?) all going to Wolverhampton and losing). Judging head-to-head results on a 'long-term class' basis wasn't the right way to look at things.

For me, an important point for every club this season was that there was no such thing as a home banker. Tottenham losing to Wigan, Arsenal to WBA etc. etc. Surprise result after surprise result (especially when you throw in the away results, like the top 5(?) all going to Wolverhampton and losing). Judging head-to-head results on a 'long-term class' basis wasn't the right way to look at things.

Agreed we were a newly promoted side, we had no right to regard anyone as a home banker, hence the quotation marks. The thing is you could easily use the same article in favour of Pardew. He got us enough points for a comfortable mid-table finish, job done.

For me, an important point for every club this season was that there was no such thing as a home banker. Tottenham losing to Wigan, Arsenal to WBA etc. etc. Surprise result after surprise result (especially when you throw in the away results, like the top 5(?) all going to Wolverhampton and losing). Judging head-to-head results on a 'long-term class' basis wasn't the right way to look at things.

Agreed we were a newly promoted side, we had no right to regard anyone as a home banker, hence the quotation marks. The thing is you could easily use the same article in favour of Pardew. He got us enough points for a comfortable mid-table finish, job done.

Aye, true enough... I'm not using it to criticise Pardew, just saying it for Hughton's sake. Goals going against the run of play against Blackpool doesn't make him an average/bad manager for me, in the context of everything else that took place.

Also, I'd hardly call Pardew 'negative'

Neither would I. Bit of a baffling statement.

Not when you consider the source it isn't. Wullie would have you believe that Hughton is the black Keegan.

If you're going to come out with complete nonsense, expect a bit of fun to be poked. The fact Pardew had us scoring a reasonable amount of goals without a single PL quality striker (for the most part) speaks volumes about his approach.

How disingenuous, when you say Top 10, you really mean beating Sunderland (10th), Aston Villa (9th), Everton (7th) and Arsenal. They are "top 10" but classic exaggeration on your part. And you of course conveniently ignore the home defeat to relegated Blackpool, the home draw against Wigan and home defeat to Blackburn (who were both in the mix till the very last day). When you say "who were in the mix till the very last day", none of those are factual, just your opinion like.

How disingenuous, when you say Top 10, you really mean beating Sunderland (10th), Aston Villa (9th), Everton (7th) and Arsenal. They are "top 10" but classic exaggeration on your part. And you of course conveniently ignore the home defeat to relegated Blackpool, the home draw against Wigan and home defeat to Blackburn (who were both in the mix till the very last day). When you say "who were in the mix till the very last day", none of those are factual, just your opinion like.

:lol:

How can you claim that Wullie made a "classic exaggeration" when you confirm what he said was true in the previous sentence?

:lol:

How can you claim that Wullie made a "classic exaggeration" when you confirm what he said was true in the previous sentence?

Err because although Sunderland and Aston Villa are by definition "top 10", using the phrase top 10 the way Wullie did "beat four of the top ten (two on their own patch)" gives an exaggerated impression of those results. They became top 10 on the last day and could have just as easily not been in the top 10 barring one or two last minute goals on the last day (including against us). Pretty basic common sense I would have thought

Err because although Sunderland and Aston Villa are by definition "top 10", using the phrase top 10 the way Wullie did "beat four of the top ten (two on their own patch)" gives an exaggerated impression of those results. They became top 10 on the last day and could have just as easily not been in the top 10 barring one or two last minute goals on the last day (including against us). Pretty basic common sense I would have thought

What is basic common sense is that what he said was right and he didn't exaggerate anything, carry on picking though.

Even if we didn't beat the top teams, we had a go at them, and also started turning over teams that were giving us problems at the start of the season.. So the mentality 80 described doesn't really stand true even if the results support his suggestion.

Didn't Pardew have a better have a better points to games ratio than Hughton in the Premiership, despite playing 6 of the top 7 at home and only having Carroll for 3 games was it? How many points as a player was he worth to us?