Alan Pardew

JH

Just had a look at the training photos with PB. Not so much as a f***ing smile in sight.

Actually, Best was smiling in one photo, probably knowing he'll get a game due to certain southampton connections anarl

noticed that as well, but that isn't a shocker really, quite normal tbh.

Just lost their coach

Well obviously you're right. I'm stupid :p

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just had a look at the training photos with PB. Not so much as a fucking smile in sight.

Actually, Best was smiling in one photo, probably knowing he'll get a game due to certain southampton connections anarl

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5086/5240803207_773f3abdb0.jpg

The Real Caption: Peter Beardsley shares a joke with the players

Look at Ferguson's face! Its like when your dad tells a stupid old man joke in front of your mates. :doh:

FINALLY!

Pardew Appointed Manager

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/a0/41/0,,10278~9257376,00.jpg

(just for Skirge)

Newcastle United are delighted to confirm the appointment of Alan Pardew as the club's new manager.

Alan, formerly manager at Reading, West Ham, Charlton and Southampton, has signed a five-and-a-half year contract at St. James' Park.

Speaking about his new role, Alan said:

"I am honoured and privileged to have been given this opportunity at Newcastle United, one of the truly great clubs in English football.

"I understand what this club means to its supporters. Throughout the football world people recognise that this is a unique club in many ways, with supporters who are second to none in their loyalty, passion and devotion for the team.

"I'm not a Geordie of course, but I'm a football person with a love of the game and I can assure you I bring great drive, desire and commitment to the job.

"Chris Hughton did a great job last season, guiding the club back to the Premier League, and he continued that good work this season. It is my aim to build on that now and take this club forward.

"I have always managed teams that have played attacking positive football, something I know the supporters here appreciate. At the same time I intend to focus on developing exciting young players through the club's excellent Academy and development squad, and I know the board here at St. James' Park are very committed to that too.

"I can't wait to get started and what better way to kick-off than welcoming Liverpool to St. James' Park on Saturday."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101209/pardew-appointed-manager_2281670_2240106

Guest TrueToon

Sacked from Motd2? Really? When?   :facepalm:

When he said Essien 'raped' a player all game?

HAHA Sorry,But that is quite commical...  :lol:

Just had a look at the training photos with PB. Not so much as a fucking smile in sight.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5086/5240803207_773f3abdb0.jpg

The Real Caption: Peter Beardsley shares a joke with the players

Look at Ferguson's face! Its like when your dad tells a stupid old man joke in front of your mates. :doh:

It's more like when your dad tells a stupid old man joke in front of your mate then keels over and dies in front of you.

FROM WIMBLEDON TO ST JAMES' PARK - THE ALAN PARDEW STORY...

1961: Born July 18 in Wimbledon, London.

1987: Signs for Crystal Palace from Yeovil Town and gives up his full-time career as a glazier.

1989: Wins promotion with Palace, via the play-offs, to the old first division.

1990: Scores the extra-time winner in Palace's 4-3 victory over Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-final. Palace go on to draw cup final 3-3 with Man United but lose replay 1-0.

1991: Helps Palace to third place in the first division, the club's highest league position.

1991: Signs for Charlton on a free transfer.

1995: After month on loan at Tottenham, Pardew signs for Barnet and begins his coaching career at Underhill.

1998: Moves to Reading with manager Terry Bullivant and takes over the reserve team.

1999: Loses his job when Reading scrap their reserve team but returns to the club later in the year as manager following dismissal of Tommy Burns.

2000: Reading finish 10th in Division Two.

2001: Takes Reading to the play-off final in his first full season in charge but the Royals are beaten 3-2 by Walsall.

2002: Reading finish second and win automatic promotion to the first division.

2003: Reading finish fourth in the first division but lose to Wolves 3-1 in the play-off semi-final.

September 10 - Hands in his resignation after Reading chairman John Madejski refuses West Ham permission to speak to his manager.

September 18 - West Ham reach out-of-court settlement with Reading of £380,000 compensation and one month's gardening leave for Pardew.

October 18 - Takes over as West Ham's 10th manager.

2004: Reaches the play-off final but loses 1-0 to former club Palace.

2005: Reaches play-off final again and beats Preston 1-0 with a goal from Bobby Zamora to secure a return to the Premiership.

2006: January - Breaks the West Ham transfer record with £7.25million signing of Dean Ashton from Norwich.

April 23 - West Ham beat Middlesbrough at Villa Park to reach first FA Cup final in 16 years and qualify for the UEFA Cup.

May 7 - Beat Tottenham on final day of the season to secure ninth place.

May 13 - Loses the FA Cup final to Liverpool on penalties after Steven Gerrard's equaliser in the last minute of normal time forces a 3-3 draw.

August 31 - Agrees to sign Argentina internationals Carlos Teves and Javier Mascherano from Corinthians in a deal brokered by businessman Kia Joorabchian.

September 1 - West Ham confirm 'exploratory discussions' over a takeover deal have taken place, thought to be with Joorabchian.

September 28 - West Ham lose 3-0 in Palermo and crash out of the UEFA Cup 4-0 on aggregate.

October 24 - An eighth straight defeat sees West Ham knocked out of Carling Cup by Chesterfield.

November 21 - West Ham board of directors accept Icelandic businessman Eggert Magnusson's £85million takeover bid.

December 11 - Sacked after five defeats in six matches.

December 24 - Appointed Charlton manager on a three-and-a-half-year contract, with the club 19th in the Premier League.

2007: May - Suffers relegation for first time in career.

2008: May - Expected promotion challenge fails to materialise as Addicks finish season in 11th.

November 22 - Parts company with Charlton by mutual consent after Addicks slip into the Championship drop zone on back of eight-game winless run.

2009: July 17 - Appointed Southampton manager on a three-year contract.

2010: March 28 - Leads Saints to Johnstone's Paint Trophy glory with 4-1 final win over Carlisle at Wembley - the club's first trophy since 1976.

August 30 - Sacked as Southampton manager - just two days after the team's 4-0 win at Bristol Rovers.

December 9: Appointed Newcastle manager on a five-and-a-half-year deal.

Worth every penny...

I feel no excitement at all. Pardew is a big reason why fans favorite Hughton was sacked.

This.

The man has no self-respect ffs. Who would talk about a job when someone else is in charge, thats shit ffs.

We're on a time limit here. If we don't run him out of town while the rage is still fresh, before the apathy sets in, then we really will end up with him for years. Oh well, at least he might give us a canny paint trophy run.

Also bear in mind, seeing as how no-one believes he'll complete the deal, that resigning in terror means no pay out.

Guest johnson293

Just back in and quite amazed at the contract length - If you ever thought Ashley didn't have a clue - this is the absolute proof.

Just speechless.