Alan Pardew

JH

Guest TrueToon

This appointment stinks and it has angered me, But at the end of the day, It's clear for everyone to see that Ashley isn't influenced or affected by what goes on out here...

At the end of the day we all support this football club for the FOOTBALL! I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by transferring our feelings onto the players because if they lose it then we will get caught up in the relegatio battle..

The Chris Hughton situation is done now, Nothing we can about it, It's life, We've just got to get on!

Grow a backbone ffs man, we as a collective can achieve anything we want to anything

What? I've got a backbone pal, But im not going to beg it..

Ashley is a w*****, Nothing we do is bothering him (clearly) so why the f*** am i gonna get wound up about it all..

Get on with it and support the TEAM!

Your defeatist, we can do nothing suggest otherwise tbh

I will not a cannot allow myself to support either tha sacking of Hughton, appointment of Pardrew in anyway shape or form.

I bet my life that if we all try and do something as a collective, be it not spending in his shops. not generating match day revinue for his club then eventually as his assest devalues, then selling becaomes the only option for him to salvage anything of his investment.

At the end of all the Newcastle will still Here

I'm not a deafeatist.

Theres just nothing we can physically do.

Yes we can stop spending etc anything that will financially damage Ashley yes..

But im talking about the football here..

Guest TrueToon

What did Mick Quinn say?

Pardew only here cause hes a mate of Lambiarse. Club run from London. Should buy a London club. No one likes Ashley. Taking the mick out of the fans.

Well said tbf

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9267960.stm

Alan Pardew signs lengthy deal as new Newcastle manager

Newcastle United have appointed Alan Pardew as the club's new manager on a five-and-a-half-year deal.

Pardew - dismissed by League One side Southampton in August - replaces Chris Hughton, who was sacked on Monday.

"I am honoured and privileged to have been given this opportunity at one of the truly great clubs in English football," said the 49-year-old.

His first match in charge of the club, who are 12th in the Premier League, is at home to Liverpool on Saturday.

Former Tottenham coach Hughton led Newcastle back into the top flight last season but, following his controversial sacking, the club said it wanted to appoint a new manager "with more experience".

BBC Sport understands that Pardew - who has also managed Reading, West Ham and Charlton - was in talks with the north-east club about taking over at St James' Park as long as 10 days ago.

As a manager Pardew has taken charge of more than 500 games, though the majority of those were not in the Premier League.

"I understand what this club means to its supporters," Pardew added on Thursday.

"Throughout the football world people recognise that this is a unique club in many ways, with supporters who are second to none in their loyalty, passion and devotion for the team.

"I'm not a Geordie of course, but I'm a football person with a love of the game and I can assure you I bring great drive, desire and commitment to the job.

"Chris Hughton did a great job last season, guiding the club back to the Premier League, and he continued that good work this season. It is my aim to build on that now and take this club forward.

"I have always managed teams that have played attacking positive football, something I know the supporters here appreciate.

"At the same time I intend to focus on developing exciting young players through the club's excellent Academy and development squad, and I know the board here at St. James' Park are very committed to that too."

Pardew joined West Ham in September 2003 and guided them to Premier League promotion in 2005, before being sacked in late 2006.

He then joined Charlton on Christmas Eve 2006, but the club were relegated from the Premier League later that season and after failing to get promotion in 2007-08 he left in November 2008.

Since when? I certainly can't remember ever looking forward to watching West Ham or Charlton play.

Hate it when they start patronising the fan base - all this best fans/great club stuff.  Doesn't wash with me.

All these media types knowing the score doesn't mean much, Ashley's not particularly interested in football and I'd be very surprused if he bothers reading the sports pages.  Probably just goes straight to the cartoons.

Guest TrueToon

All these media types knowing the score doesn't mean much, Ashley's not particularly interested in football and I'd be very surprused if he bothers reading the sports pages.  Probably just goes straight to the cartoons.

Exactly, He is a "rich" ignorant bastard basically, So nothing we say or pundits say will bother him..

So i'm just focusing on the football for now..

Can't be doing with this fucker every 6 months...

Just lucky Pardew is actually English. The media reaction has been a lot milder than it would have been otherwise. They haven't been as negative as they would have been to the manager himself.

The fans have done an excellent job of making their feelings none via the media so far. I think once the whistle goes on Saturday time to just get behind the team and root for them to get a result.

Guest Rob 1988

Still can't believe this has happend. Have we not suffered enough?

What did we do so wrong to deserve Mike Ashley as a owner !

"I am honoured and privileged to have been given this opportunity at one of the truly great clubs in English football."

"fucking hell, somebody actually gave me a job. WTF?!

"I understand what this club means to its supporters," Pardew added on Thursday.

"I'm going to get fucking booed for this like."

"Throughout the football world people recognise that this is a unique club in many ways, with supporters who are second to none in their loyalty, passion and devotion for the team.

"PLEASE LIKE ME. PLEASE LIKE ME. PLEASE LIKE ME. PLEASE LIKE ME. PLEASE LIKE ME."

"I'm not a Geordie of course, but I'm a football person with a love of the game and I can assure you I bring great drive, desire and commitment to the job.

"MONEY MONEY MONEY, IT'S A RICH MAN'S WORLD! WOOO!"

"Chris Hughton did a great job last season, guiding the club back to the Premier League, and he continued that good work this season. It is my aim to build on that now and take this club forward.

"Premier League, you're having a laugh! Premier League, you're having a laugh!"

"I have always managed teams that have played attacking positive football, something I know the supporters here appreciate.

"I'M LIKE KEEGAN! LIKE ME! LIKE ME!"

"At the same time I intend to focus on developing exciting young players through the club's excellent Academy and development squad, and I know the board here at St. James' Park are very committed to that too."

"There's no money to spend, so we'll be playing the 12 year old striker in the Sunderland game."