Alan Pardew

JH

Irrespective of the Carroll transfer shouldn't the club and more to the point Pardew been looking at some loan options such as Sturridge or Vela. The Ameobi injury just rubs salt into the wound and makes Pardew look like even more of a mug. Playing with fire imo.

And what's he supposed to do exactly? Nick the money from Ashley's wallet?

He faces the same problems that Hughton did in the transfer market, except Pardew is blamed while Hughton's 'hands were tied'.

well he's either part of the problem i.e. he's always known for a fact ashley will only give him pennies to spend and sell whoever he (ashley) wants. or he expected ashley to give him a bit of leeway with spending and trust his judgement.

so he's either a lying cunt or a stupid cunt. fuck it, he's both.

And the responsibility falls on the owner to provide him with the funds for that.

If they don't, there's nothing he can do.

He's being strung along just like us imo. He's just using kiss arse tactics as a way of trying to win Ashley round.

wasnt he paying attention when keegan tried the same trick?

We are in for some hard times ahead which is not really Pardew's fault as the squad is lacking quality and numbers up front. It's a good test of the manager's ability to come up with an effective way of playing with what we've got left. No one expects miracles but we should be able to get the 2-3 wins we need to stay up. I hope yesterday was a one off though because I expected us to show a lot more desire than that. In the second half we just wilted which isn't a good sign.

Pardew's come in for quite a lot of stick from the off for apparently lying about when he was first approached for the job, but who in football has ever admitted to being tapped up? It's part of the fabric of the game, but the code is you never admit to it publicly. In my view he's no more guilty than anyone else on that score.

I think no manager will ever have it easy working alongside this regime on the transfer front and then have to front up to the fans for the decisions, or lack of them. Keegan revealed that his recommendations were constantly being undermined. We can't know to what degree that may or may not have happened again this time.

One thing in common with all the windows since Ashley took over is that there never seems to have been any recognisable plan. It could be that the managers have had one, but they've been let down by those doing (or on purpose not doing) the deals.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Pardew's come in for quite a lot of stick from the off for apparently lying about when he was first approached for the job, but who in football has ever admitted to being tapped up? It's part of the fabric of the game, but the code is you never admit to it publicly. In my view he's no more guilty than anyone else on that score.

You don't have to brazenly lie as the first thing you do when you get a job, though. You just brush the questions off, like Hughton would. Pardew told lies on the first day he got the job, then spent every other day telling us how there was "100%" no way on Earth that Carroll was leaving and how he'll get transfer funds and players out of Ashley. Instead we lose Carroll, send Routledge out on loan, and get just one (washed-up and injured) player in on loan.  

:joker:

so he's either a lying c*** or a stupid c***. f*** it, he's both.

Looks that way to me too.

Does anyone get the impression from his interviews, though he will occasionally say the right things, that he just doesn't really give a damn.

When we win, I'm sure he's happy, but if we lose I don't think he loses any sleep over it - he gets paid after all.

Guest Wally_McFool

Does anyone get the impression from his interviews, though he will occasionally say the right things, that he just doesn't really give a damn.

When we win, I'm sure he's happy, but if we lose I don't think he loses any sleep over it - he gets paid after all.

That interview definitely smells like Pardew is inviting bids for Tiote, probably Enrique as well going by other reports.

This makes me think that Ashley is going to fuck off soon but will grab some cash for the "family jewels" before he does.

Don't necassarily disagree with anything he's saying there but it does kinda put him in the shop window. He's basically said that we're not in a position to keep our best players. I know we've just lost Carroll - but that was for an astronomical fee. Attaching the same potential scenario to Tiote is a bit defeatest.

Sigh.

That interview definitely smells like Pardew is inviting bids for Tiote, probably Enrique as well going by other reports.

This makes me think that Ashley is going to fuck off soon but will grab some cash for the "family jewels" before he does.

Lets hope so, I'd lose Tiote, Enrique, HBA, whoever as long as that would happen.

It's an extremely harsh way of looking at it, but if losing our best players enables us to wash our hands of Ashley, Llambias, Pardew* and the whole messed up shebang - then it's something i think i could just about bare; as horrible as it would be to see the likes of Colo and Jose go. There's been whisperings of Pardew's appointment acting as a catalyst to clear out the high-earners. I'm not sure whether or not to believe it but i think it's feasible.

*I'm prepared to give him some time in the short-term, but there's no way this guy is the long-term vision for the club.

It's an extremely harsh way of looking at it, but if losing our best players enables us to wash our hands of Ashley, Llambias, Pardew* and the whole messed up shebang - then it's something i think i could just about bare; as horrible as it would be to see the likes of Colo and Jose go. There's been whisperings of Pardew's appointment acting as a catalyst to clear out the high-earners. I'm not sure whether or not to believe it but i think it's feasible.

losing a few good players would be a small price to pay for potentially getting our club back imo. we'll still be here after they're gone and we all know we're a big enough club to be challenging at the right end with decent ownership

losing a few good players would be a small price to pay for potentially getting our club back imo

Aye, that's what i mean. :undecided:

They are starting to create a problem for themselves talking like that.  Saying that we have to sell players because that is the position we are in for the forseeable future will just invite bids.  The club sells a couple of the players but what about the other players who are aware that there are bids in for them - I can imagine them starting rto agitate for a move.

You cannot build for the future if you keep tearing the team apart instead of evolving and adding a player gradually to improve the team.

They are starting to create a problem for themselves talking like that.  Saying that we have to sell players because that is the position we are in for the forseeable future will just invite bids.  The club sells a couple of the players but what about the other players who are aware that there are bids in for them - I can imagine them starting rto agitate for a move.

You cannot build for the future if you keep tearing the team apart instead of evolving and adding a player gradually to improve the team.

Ashley is not building for the future though.

Pardew is only doing what his mates want him to do, if they tell him to sell than that's what will happen, I can't stand having him at our club.

He's got no power as you say.  He was desperate for the job coming with the situation he was in.  There's plenty of managers who can bargain with/blackmail owners but Pardew can't...