Alan Pardew

JH

Far better football?

Got the ball on the deck and passed it around far more.  Less Route One and less reliant on the Carroll/Barton axis.

Fair enough, I must just have missed it.

He's only here because he's easy to control an he can talk his way out of anything. Great for PR, and an OK manager. Was never the best man for the job. We don't sign players with a view to improve the team either. We sign them with sell-on value in mind. So depressing. I know football is a business, but there has to be something there beyond just looking to make a profit.

FFS man, nobody is making a profit.

PS. and in hindsight I'm sure clubs all around the country sound out possible replacements (on the quiet) before sacking managers.

Not mongs who've done the sum total of f*** all when you're a premiership club.

His appointment was no coincidence.

Where did I say it was a coincidence? I didn't agree with the choice of manager, or the manner that he got the job at the time...

But I don't get the blind hatred you're showing towards him, personally.

And you didn't answer my earlier question... Are you going to hate every manager that this club has under this regime, because they are all going to be working under the same remit?

Just asking, because it seems like a lot of hard work when you could just choose to get behind the manager instead.

I hate Pardew and will continue to until he resigns when he's eventually broken by this regime.

I'll also hate his replacement if I deem it appropriate.

He's not worthy of the position he has and I've said that from day one.

True, there has been no discernible improvement in the football at all from Hughton's team. Has he had any impact at all on the team? Does he influence transfer policy? I suspect he has little involvement (just my opinion.)

All he has done is preside over a steady stream of sales as our most established players head out through the exit. He's not a manager, just a caretaker for the Ashley regime.

Far better football?

Got the ball on the deck and passed it around far more.  Less Route One and less reliant on the Carroll/Barton axis.

Happy to agree to disagree - but I genuinely thought we played more flowing football.  And I was massively opposed to Pardew when he came.

PS. and in hindsight I'm sure clubs all around the country sound out possible replacements (on the quiet) before sacking managers.

Where did I say it was a coincidence? I didn't agree with the choice of manager, or the manner that he got the job at the time...

And you didn't answer my earlier question... Are you going to hate every manager that this club has under this regime, because they are all going to be working under the same remit?

Just asking, because it seems like a lot of hard work when you could just choose to get behind the manager instead.

I hate Pardew and will continue to until he resigns when he's eventually broken by this regime.

True, there has been no discernible improvement in the football at all from Hughton's team. Has he had any impact at all on the team? Does he influence transfer policy? I suspect he has little involvement (just my opinion.)

All he has done is preside over a steady stream of sales as our most established players head out through the exit. He's not a manager, just a caretaker for the Ashley regime.

Caretaker would actually be a very good title for the cunt actually.

Far better football?

Happy to agree to disagree - but I genuinely thought we played more flowing football.  And I was massively opposed to Pardew when he came.

We couldn't rely on Carroll because he wasn't here any more. :laugh:

Played much the same overall game IMO, with similar results.

I'm afraid I could never understand that mindset like.

In my opinion, if he's getting results on the pitch (which he has done OK with so far) he should be supported....else what's the point? Seems like a lot of effort to hate every manager if you don't agree with his job description / the way he got the job.

Maybe so.

That's my stance, don't care whether you agree with it or not to be honest.

I'm afraid I could never understand that mindset like.

In my opinion, if he's getting results on the pitch (which he has done OK with so far) he should be supported....else what's the point? Seems like a lot of effort to hate every manager if you don't agree with his job description / the way he got the job.

Maybe so.

That's my stance, don't care whether you agree with it or not to be honest.

No problem. You're entitled to your opinion. I just don't get it personally.  O0

Good to have the debate regardless, same with Ian W.

:thup:

He won't see Christmas in my opinion.... I know he had a requisite to cut the wage bill but I can't see him persistently being undermined by Llambias/Ashley.

Depends on what his cut is.

Hope you're right though.

He won't see Christmas in my opinion.... I know he had a requisite to cut the wage bill but I can't see him persistently being undermined by Llambias/Ashley.

Depends on what his cut is.

Hope you're right though.

You really think we'd get someone better than Pardew? I shudder to think who his mid-season replacement would be.

He's only here because he's easy to control an he can talk his way out of anything. Great for PR, and an OK manager. Was never the best man for the job. We don't sign players with a view to improve the team either. We sign them with sell-on value in mind. So depressing. I know football is a business, but there has to be something there beyond just looking to make a profit.

I didn't fuckin say they were, did I?! I said LOOKING to make a profit. Improving the team is secondary.

If we didn't make a profit last year, I'd like to know how the hell we didn't considering our wages are down to 2006 levels, but TV revenues have almost doubled since then, that's without even considering the Carroll money.

What's more, if you think we still made a loss last year, I don't know how you can say with a straight face you think that Ashley is running the club well financially. How do you think we're going to start making profits in the future? Even more cost cutting in wages? Finding more players to sell for more than £35m? More free advertising for Sports Direct? We have a top half of the league turnover, a bottom half of the league wage bill, have something like a £40m profit from transfers over his tenure, and you think we're still making a loss? Great financial management that is if so.

Guest TheSummerOf69

If we didn't make a profit last year, I'd like to know how the hell we didn't considering our wages are down to 2006 levels, but TV revenues have almost doubled since then, that's without even considering the Carroll money.

What's more, if you think we still made a loss last year, I don't know how you can say with a straight face you think that Ashley is running the club well financially. How do you think we're going to start making profits in the future? Even more cost cutting in wages? Finding more players to sell for more than £35m? More free advertising for Sports Direct? We have a top half of the league turnover, a bottom half of the league wage bill, have something like a £40m profit from transfers over his tenure, and you think we're still making a loss? Great financial management that is if so.

FFS man, we've got a new bore hole.

Pride of the Championship that will be.

Bet Ashley wishes the Premier League would lower the number of subs too. Excuse to sell more players.

And the number of players on the pitch. Then we get more depth.

Almost every Premier League club makes a loss, the difference is that all our debts are owed to Ashley and he's not prepared to keep seeing them grow. I wish he would subsidise bigger spending out of his own pocket, but he won't.

One season of profit doesn't offset the last decade off loss making, surely that's obvious. We'll see what has happened to all the money and whether we make a profit or loss in the accounts. The last few sets don't make great reading - but everyone seems happy to ignore that.

Almost every Premier League club makes a loss, the difference is that all our debts are owed to Ashley and he's not prepared to keep seeing them grow. I wish he would subsidise bigger spending out of his own pocket, but he won't.

One season of profit doesn't offset the last decade off loss making, surely that's obvious. We'll see what has happened to all the money and whether we make a profit or loss in the accounts. The last few sets don't make great reading - but everyone seems happy to ignore that.

You're going on about past losses and Ashley not wanting to put any more money into the club while ignoring that Llambias said we were close to breaking even long before we sold Carroll.  People aren't expecting Ashley to dip into his own pocket, we want the income to be spent on the squad, like they promised when we sold Caroll.