Alan Pardew

JH

I think ChezGiven's opinion is the most logical and the one that I believe to be correct.

Ultimately the final decision rests with Llambias as it does with any chairman in the league but that's from a financial position rather than a football one, however someone will have to feed them those names and I envision a scenario where Carr comes up with a list of names, Pardew watches the players recommended and shortlists them into players he thinks are acceptable and then Llambias moves forward on all of the shortlisted to get the one that is the best deal for the club.

The argument whether Pardew is a puppet is probably the wrong ground to pick for a fight for the Ashley bashers, there's probably more scope to focus on your last sentence there. I do get pissed off when we seem to let good deals slip through our fingers because we want to buy players at only bargain prices and low wages after selling players for big money ourselves. But then I'm a fan and the owner will see things differently. But the general model of shifting older, high maintenance players like Nolan and Barton, and replacing them with younger players with high potential is a good one IMO.

I don't really have a problem with it as I think the players put forward to Pardew in the first place are players we believe fall in to our model.

I'm talking about how we were after a left back and apparently in talks with Santon, Pieters and Cissokho at the same time, same goes for when we were in for Tiote and Arevalo at the same time.

I think ChezGiven's opinion is the most logical and the one that I believe to be correct.

Ultimately the final decision rests with Llambias as it does with any chairman in the league but that's from a financial position rather than a football one, however someone will have to feed them those names and I envision a scenario where Carr comes up with a list of names, Pardew watches the players recommended and shortlists them into players he thinks are acceptable and then Llambias moves forward on all of the shortlisted to get the one that is the best deal for the club.

Which is what I said - but my opinion is that the aspirations of Llambias/the club are far more heavily weighted than anything Pardew has to bring to the table.

His wants/needs/desires are largely irrelevant if the 'upside/risk' box isn't ticked.

But isn't that the same for any club? The men holding the purse strings will always have the final say?

Exactly, nobody imagines that isn't the case. And its probably the case everywhere anyway (except we might have a tighter budget).

The argument whether Pardew is a puppet is probably the wrong ground to pick for a fight for the Ashley bashers, there's probably more scope to focus on your last sentence there. I do get pissed off when we seem to let good deals slip through our fingers because we want to buy players at only bargain prices and low wages after selling players for big money ourselves. But then I'm a fan and the owner will see things differently. But the general model of shifting older, high maintenance players like Nolan and Barton, and replacing them with younger players with high potential is a good one IMO.

Our last chairman was just as guilty of that, as all chairman are. Think back to Robson who wanted Miguel but Shepherd wouldn't pay the extra and went for Carr instead. At least now, as you say, we're driving a hard bargain and more often than not it seems to be paying off (and I'd like to think there is no way we'd prefer a Carr to a Miguel these days either).

Our last chairman was just as guilty of that, as all chairman are. Think back to Robson who wanted Miguel but Shepherd wouldn't pay the extra and went for Carr instead. At least now, as you say, we're driving a hard bargain and more often than not it seems to be paying off (and I'd like to think there is no way we'd prefer a Carr to a Miguel these days either).

Absolutely spot on. I can remember raging on these boards when we didn't follow through on Miguel at the time, SBR was desperate to have him here. But then Freddy's buying policy was a strange one. Knocking back Miguel and signing Carr was sensible compared to refusing Anelka then splashing out on Luque and Boumsong. I feel a lot more confident in our current acquisition of players even if it's frustrating when we seemingly miss out due to tight-fistedness.

I think Pardew will have input to the policy but overall Ashley will have more faith in Graham Carr. Ashley knows very well from his retail success that an excellent buyer makes or breaks a retail company and will have taken that belief into NUFC.

I think you will get the odd deal like Ba which was probably a Pardew deal due to his contacts at West Ham, but on the whole Pardew will give his input and Carr will draw up a list of several candidates who fit that position. The "committee" will then pick the main target based on various criteria.

Tbh I thought Pardew had already spoken about how this works.

The expression "puppet" is such a silly one.

Pardew is an astute football person who is smart enough and respectful enough to be diplomatic when discussing matters relating to the club he works for and the people who employ him.

If Pardew could be termed a "puppet" then there are 90 other puppets in the Football league (I except Ferguson who's age, longevity in the job, success and wealth probably make him bigger than his employers) as well as just about every other person who is employed anywhere.

Guest icemanblue

I think Pardew will have input to the policy but overall Ashley will have more faith in Graham Carr. Ashley knows very well from his retail success that an excellent buyer makes or breaks a retail company and will have taken that belief into NUFC.

I think you will get the odd deal like Ba which was probably a Pardew deal due to his contacts at West Ham, but on the whole Pardew will give his input and Carr will draw up a list of several candidates who fit that position. The "committee" will then pick the main target based on various criteria.

Alright mate, how's it going? Have a good weekend, aye?

Just wondering if any 'limited' players have impressed you recently?

No. Should they have?  ???

:lol:

:lol:  Such a tosser.

Surely not a "Jonas scores a goal and is now a god comment"  :lol:

Even I score more often than Jonas.  ;)

:lol:  Such a tosser.

True, I laughed though.

:iamatwat:

Guest Howaythetoon

He's doing a good job but he's still a cunt, I still believe he's a shit manager and I still don't like him. Mind he's in good company as I don't like the owner, the managing director or half the players or even the game itself these days.

Guest bimpy474

He's doing a good job but he's still a c***, I still believe he's a s*** manager and I still don't like him. Mind he's in good company as I don't like the owner, the managing director or half the players or even the game itself these days.

Blimey aren't you a laugh a minute :D

He's doing a good job but he's still a cunt, I still believe he's a shit manager and I still don't like him. Mind he's in good company as I don't like the owner, the managing director or half the players or even the game itself these days.

http://satgnu.net/upload/lavacroft/images/random/gif/how_to_slit_wrist.gif

He's doing a good job but he's still a c***, I still believe he's a s*** manager and I still don't like him. Mind he's in good company as I don't like the owner, the managing director or half the players or even the game itself these days.

http://satgnu.net/upload/lavacroft/images/random/gif/how_to_slit_wrist.gif

Christ :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Jesus wept man, sort yourself out with shit like that.

I agree, flying high in the CL spots, playing attractive passing football with pace is no consolation when we know the bastards who run this club have spent £200m on buying a football club just to take the piss out of Geordies

:fishing:

HTT is one of the best posters on here but I don't agree with his sentiments regarding Pardew. I don't see what he could have done better, he's so far managed to bring a lot of fans onside who thought he was an atrocious appointment. A lot has gone against him, firstly arriving when we were in a decent position, if we'd faltered at all, he'd have been slaughtered, then we lose Carroll with no replacement. That could have derailed us and then we have a shocker of a summer in regards to pre-season games, somehow this doesn't affect our PL form and we perform well. You can't possibly ignore all those setbacks, he has to take credit for instilling discipline in the side and maintaining a strong team spirit which could have easily gone to shit.

Jesus wept man, sort yourself out with shit like that.

And we need some clarity, why is he a cunt?

Pardew is probably the type to swindle his tax returns.