Alan Pardew

JH

We obviously have a different interpretation then :dontknow:

The part which I think sums it up best is "The concept implies that a single set of principles encompassing all situations (a "single standard") is the desirable ideal."

I would have had no problem with the Carroll contract request having been turned down if it wasn't for Tiote getting a new contract within months of his original.  I don't have a problem with Tiote getting a new contract either apart from it coming after Carroll was refused one.

The part which I think sums it up best is "The concept implies that a single set of principles encompassing all situations (a "single standard") is the desirable ideal."

I would have had no problem with the Carroll contract request having been turned down if it wasn't for Tiote getting a new contract within months of his original.  I don't have a problem with Tiote getting a new contract either apart from it coming after Carroll was refused one.

could you see a difference if it was for example tiote going from 5k to 25k and carroll demanding 80k from 30k ?

could you see a difference if it was for example tiote going from 5k to 25k and carroll demanding 80k from 30k ?

If we're replacing a £35m striker, how much do you reckon that player will want?

And where we disagree is for me the 'principle' is 'no more than one payrise per season', which we've kept to.

We'll have to agree to disagree especially as Pardew doesn't specify what you are mentioning.

If we're replacing a £35m striker, how much do you reckon that player will want?

Probably not as much as when you have to pay for Barton/Nolan/Enrique/Jonas/HBA payrises if Carroll's demands were met.

Probably not as much as when you have to pay for Barton/Nolan/Enrique/Jonas/HBA payrises if Carroll's demands were met.

It's not illegal to say no you know.

Edit: unless they put in a transfer request. Then it's illegal.

no idea but it's unlikely we'll sanction 80k per week yet.

What difference does the money make?  The money wasn't mentioned as being the problem, expecting a new contract so soon after signing the previous contract was.

And then they say "Well you gave Carroll another payrise three months after giving him a payrise. Give me one or I'll be off"

And then they say "Well you gave Carroll a payrise three months after giving him a payrise. Give me one or I'll be off"

If they want to buy out their own contract then fine. Seems unlikely though.

And then they say "Well you gave Carroll a payrise three months after giving him a payrise. Give me one or I'll be off"

Then they hand in transfer requests, leave and the club gets blamed for not keeping its players.

Not really. If Tiote comes to Llambias at the end of the season and demands a pay rise, he'll tell him to f*** off.

It's double standards, they'd both signed contracts with the club within months.

It's a big difference between who initiated the contract talks too. Carroll demanded a new contract asap. He was not willing to wait until summer. In Tiote's case it was the club who initiated a contract negotiation because a) he was on shit salary (unlike Carroll) b) he's been taking PL with storm  and c) other clubs were beginning to show interest. So the club wanted to make sure that come summer, Tiote will not hand in a transfer request due to low wages compared to what he's offered from the many clubs that will come after him.

Then they hand in transfer requests, leave and the club gets blamed for not keeping its players.

I was joking about rejecting transfer requests being illegal.

It's a big difference between who initiated the contract talks too. Carroll demanded a new contract asap. He was not willing to wait until summer. In Tiote's case it was the club who initiated a contract negotiation because a) he was on s*** salary (unlike Carroll) b) he's been taking PL with storm  and c) other clubs were beginning to show interest. So the club wanted to make sure that come summer, Tiote will not hand in a transfer request due to low wages compared to what he's offered from the many clubs that will come after him.

That's exactly what happened with Carroll, and again, double standards.

:rolleyes:

What's the point in keeping players that don't want to be here anyway? If their heart isn't in it, then it's a waste of a shirt.

Based on what you're saying it's impossible to manage players and pay them based on their own merits. Unless everyone gets the same as the top player they all stick in transfer requests and automatically must be sold.

How does every other club manage it then?

What's the point in keeping players that don't want to be here anyway? If their heart isn't in it, then it's a waste of a shirt.

Like Fabregas? Like Adam, who's been superb since January? Like Shay Given? Like Rooney? Like Tevez?

What an utter nonsense. Like a thicko like Carroll is going to hold the grudge. One trip to Aspers and ten pints, he'd have forgotten all about it.

Based on what you're saying it's impossible to manage players and pay them based on their own merits. Unless everyone gets the same as the top player they all stick in transfer requests and automatically must be sold.

It's got nowt to do with how much Carroll would have got, it's about how close together he'd have been getting a payrise.

Not many clubs give their players two payrises in three months. If I was a teammate, I'd be marching into the manager's office at it.

It's got nowt to do with how much Carroll would have got, it's about how close together he'd have been getting a payrise.

Not many clubs give their players two payrises in three months. If I was a teammate, I'd be marching into the manager's office at it.

Most of them seemed unhappy that he'd gone because of the effect on the team, apart from Nolan obviously who immediately put a poster of him up in his bedroom.

How many of Man Utd's and Man City's players have put requests in since the Rooney/Tevez incidents?

Did Rooney and Tevez get two payrises in the space of three months? Not that I remember.

They would have if they'd asked for it. Successful football clubs don't run on principles, which is why those players get so much money in the first place.

Did Rooney and Tevez get two payrises in the space of three months? Not that I remember.

They would have if they'd asked for it. Successful football clubs don't run on principles, which is why those players get so much money in the first place.

so whenever a decent player asks for a pay rise we should just say ok ? maybe we should do the samewhen  negotiating transfer fees etc.................hang on, we've tried that.