Alan Pardew

JH

My verdict on Pardew will be made this summer depending on the players he signs and which ones he retains. He might not be able to prevent one or two players leaving for more successful clubs, but if he hands out new contracts to mediocre players who will prevent us moving forward it will show which way the club is headed.

Guest BooBoo

Craig Moore was very good that run-in as

Craig Moore was very good that run-in as well.

He was bloody awful man!

My verdict on Pardew will be made this summer depending on the players he signs and which ones he retains. He might not be able to prevent one or two players leaving for more successful clubs, but if he hands out new contracts to mediocre players who will prevent us moving forward it will show which way the club is headed.

Which players may this be, in your opinion.

He was bloody awful man!

Ah yas, Craig Moore. Shepherds big masterstroke. He was so please with him self, and bragged in the press about how he had sold Hughes for £1m and replaced him with free agent Moore, which strengthened the squad at the same time :lol:

He was bloody awful man!

Ah yas, Craig Moore. Shepherds big masterstroke. He was so please with him self, and bragged in the press about how he had sold Hughes for £1m and replaced him with free agent Moore, which strengthened the squad at the same time :lol:

Moore was ok in the 05/06 season. He emerged from injury some time in January and put in a decent shift until the end of the season, he only really had the World Cup in mind and wanted to get some game time imo. The following season  with the World Cup out of the way he played utter rubbish and his contract wasn't renewed.

And yes Hughes would have served us better I think.

Guest BooBoo

Pretty sure Moore didn't make his debut for us until March at Charlton where he had a nightmare and didn't get much better.

Pretty sure Moore didn't make his debut for us until March at Charlton where he had a nightmare and didn't get much better.

Charlton away, we lost 2-0. Was there, remember Duff having an awful time at LB. One of my worst experiences as a Newcastle fan, that match.

Charlton away, we lost 2-0. Was there, remember Duff having an awful time at LB. One of my worst experiences as a Newcastle fan, that match.

Wrong game, mate. Both of you have managed to fuck it up. :lol:

His first start was against Charlton, we lost 3-1. He came off the bench at Chelsea in the FA Cup on the Wednesday before.

Damien Duff played for Chelsea.

His first start was against Charlton, we lost 3-1. He came off the bench at Chelsea in the FA Cup on the Wednesday before.

and all off the top of his head.

hey that charlton game was that when he gave the pen away and parker scored for us from about 30yds ?.....my last prem league away game.

The 2-0 was 06-07 i think, that zheng zhi scored twice i think, second in injury from free kick rebound or something, cant remember exactly

Shocking performance that was

I was wrong in my earlier post about him playing his first game in January, it was March and you are right about the Chelsea and Charlton games..

Moore then played in the next 7 games from which we took 19 points. He did ok. I remember going up to the Spurs game that started that sequence. Our back 4 was Carr Ramage Moore and Elliott, I couldn't believe we did them 3-1 with that line up but our midfield was excellent with Bowyer in particular playing out of his a*se.

Moore's first game was against Chelsea in the Cup and his first start was against Charlton in the league where we lost 3-1, Parker scoring. Absolutely definitely. I can remember him smirking after we conceded the first goal and him really endearing himself to our supporters. :rolleyes: He was okay after that, though. Formed a semi-reasonably partnership with Bramble for the remainder of the season. Both of them were absolutely done the year after though.

and all off the top of his head.

hey that charlton game was that when he gave the pen away and parker scored for us from about 30yds ?.....my last prem league away game.

I was at both games, pulled a sicky to go to the Chelsea game. The Charlton game was utterly depressing having played pretty well at Chelsea and got nothing, cracking goal by Parker mind.

We played excellent football under Roeder in his first season. We averaged about 2 points a game under him, did we not? Was good to watch, too. N'Zogbia, Emre and Bowyer running riot, not to mention Nobby's swansong as an attacking player.

Yeah, it was a staggering improvement from the mishapen hash of a football team that we looked under Souness. Unfortunately, though, we still had the same defense.

Emre was such a good player man.

42 goals conceded that season.

06-07 - 47

07-08 - 65

08-09 - 59

10-11 - 45 so far

The 2-0 was 06-07 i think, that zheng zhi scored twice i think, second in injury from free kick rebound or something, cant remember exactly

D.Bent free-kick hit the bar and Zheng scored the rebound, and then Solano fouled Zheng and Jerome Thomas got the pen. It was absolutely shit from our lot.

Charlton's manager? Alan Pardew.

On Moore's debut he put in a slide tackle and crossed the ball in one fluid motion near the cornerflag. It was the equivalent of an M.Bison sweep from SFII. Shearer nodded home and we won the cup.

D.Bent free-kick hit the bar and Zheng scored the rebound, and then Solano fouled Zheng and Jerome Thomas got the pen. It was absolutely shit from our lot.

Charlton's manager? Alan Pardew.

Was still buzzing off the 2-3 win at Spurs and that goal from Martins (even though we lost 1-2 at Fulham a week or two before!)

Longest 90 minutes of my life that Charlton match, we were absolutely miserable.

Guest BooBoo

Whatever the details of his debut, Moore was a liability for us and worse than that, clearly couldn't give a shit about playing for the club.

We played excellent football under Roeder in his first season. We averaged about 2 points a game under him, did we not? Was good to watch, too. N'Zogbia, Emre and Bowyer running riot, not to mention Nobby's swansong as an attacking player.

Yeah, it was a staggering improvement from the mishapen hash of a football team that we looked under Souness. Unfortunately, though, we still had the same defense.

Emre was such a good player man.

42 goals conceded that season.

06-07 - 47

07-08 - 65

08-09 - 59

10-11 - 45 so far

Given, S. :pow:  It was his best couple of years. That one and the year before.