Alan Pardew

JH

Got everything right yesterday imho well done.

Aye - credit is due. Still much work for him ahead though.

Aye, I really hope the board get him the couple of players he needs to crack on this season. He deserves a fair shot

Things will look a lot better if we manage to get a LB and a striker in. He (Pardew) needs to stop kissing Ashley and Llambias' arses so much and also stop telling the occasional lie in order to placate fans.

Guest Wally_McFool

Would have been hammered by many (me included) had we lost so it's only right that he should get a lot of credit for the win

10 days left for a striker and left back, come on get it done

Aye, if he `pulls off the two necessary signings I will be less sceptical about his slaverings from now on...LOL

Thought Partridge said we were gonna bring 2 more players in before Enrique was sold. Still need another central defender seeing as Kadar doesn't seem to figure in the clubs plans (unless one of the lads on trial from Lens is up to the job).

Signing Pieters and Cissokho would be too much to hope for I suppose.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew said it will take a special player to take Ryan Taylor's place in the team as his free-kick earned victory over Sunderland.

Taylor has deputised at left-back after Jose Enrique's move to Liverpool, and his second-half strike helped continue a fine run against the Black Cats.

"That right foot of his is a fantastic weapon," Pardew told BBC Sport.

"We are trying to bring in another left-back, but he will have to be a good one to take Ryan out of the team."

Newcastle have lost only once in 13 league encounters against their Wearside rivals.

Worrying signals from Pardew there.  Aye, Taylor scored a cracker yesterday but he's no more than a stop-gap in that position and will get found out as the season goes on and he is still playing there.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew said it will take a special player to take Ryan Taylor's place in the team as his free-kick earned victory over Sunderland.

Taylor has deputised at left-back after Jose Enrique's move to Liverpool, and his second-half strike helped continue a fine run against the Black Cats.

"That right foot of his is a fantastic weapon," Pardew told BBC Sport.

"We are trying to bring in another left-back, but he will have to be a good one to take Ryan out of the team."

Newcastle have lost only once in 13 league encounters against their Wearside rivals.

Worrying signals from Pardew there.  Aye, Taylor scored a cracker yesterday but he's no more than a stop-gap in that position and will get found out as the season goes on and he is still playing there.

Not that worrying. Was hardly going to say 'Cheers for the goal, but you're fucking shit at LB and we want a replacement as quick as possible'

Just seen our prem league fixtures over the next 2 months, i wud defo say all of them are definately winnable games. As long as pardaz manages to get a proper left back in and a striker before the window shuts, i can see us picking up a fair few points and remaining in the top half :snod: ....for then at least

Aye they do always seen to give us a good game at home like, but we seem much stronger in midfield and defence so im still hopefull...

Im trying to avoid sounding positive for then to jinx things :iamatwat: ...

Fulham will be tough IMO. They won't be easy to break down and we need to step up a gear if we are going to win the game. Defensively we've looked good but going forward is another story.

Fulham will be tough IMO. They won't be easy to break down and we need to step up a gear if we are going to win the game. Defensively we've looked good but going forward is another story.

Agree. Goals from set pieces are the only likely goals we are to score at the moment. That or from long range shots, from the likes of Cabaye or Barton.

Hopefully we will be more adventurous against fulham tho and will play 4-4-2, and lets face it against fulham we will see a lot more of the ball than arsenal when we did have two up front...so hopefully we will create more...

Wa defence and keeper have been spot on so far like, neither arsenal or sunderland created any 'they defo should have scored' chances against us... not bad saying as we dont have a proper left back...

Wa defence and keeper have been spot on so far like, neither arsenal or sunderland created any 'they defo should have scored' chances against us... not bad saying as we dont have a proper left back...

Arsenal should have scored, though. On a few occasions the decision making from them in and around our box has been very poor.

Can excuse the performances first two games as a matter of grinding out the results, but next week at home to a team we should be looking at overtaking this season, I at least expect us to show signs of the type of football he wants us to play even if it's not freeflowing just yet.

Can excuse the performances first two games as a matter of grinding out the results, but next week at home to a team we should be looking at overtaking this season, I at least expect us to show signs of the type of football he wants us to play even if it's not freeflowing just yet.

agree mate, i also wanna see Vuckic get a run out just behind the striker, even if it's from the bench