Alan Pardew

JH

I don't think Hughton had taken us as far as he could, no way at all. He's shown that he was flexible in his opinions and open to learning from his mistakes... I was looking forward to seeing how he could develop as a manager.

He could quite easily become a Moyes-esque success in a couple of years

Guest ovesbar

Its about the next 5 games for me because that is when I think we would hit the relegation-zone, and something tells me more and more people would start to question Hughtons abilities. No matter how patient you may be, 10 games without a victory would put lots off pressure on both him and the team, and suddenly we could face a managerial change in the worst part of the season, just like in our relegation-season.

If Ashley and his crew lost confidence in Hughton, I think this was the right time to make a change. I am not saying that Pardew is the right man, or that Ashley knows what he is doing, Im just saying that I think it is better to make the change now than to wait until the new guy would have to battle from the relegation-zone rather than against the relegation-zone.

I would be just as happy for 3 points under Pardew, and it is not his fault that they sacked Hughton. Even if he went behind Hughtons back to get the job, it was not his decision to make. If I were jobless and some attractive company offered me a job that was likely to become vacant, I would have taken it.

What amuses me is most people were dead set against Hughton too.

Yes whats happened is s*** but who fuckin knows what the future holds.

I find it equally strange that, for many people, it would apparently have been okay if Jol, Klinsmann or O'Neill were brought in. They're bigger names, but who's to say that they'd be better people for this situation?

Just people using comon sense to come to an opinion realy, a bit like saying "I'd rather I found a tenner on the floor than this quid" or, "I wish I got a new tele for Christmas and not this bag of coal".

Its about the next 5 games for me because that is when I think we would hit the relegation-zone, and something tells me more and more people would start to question Hughtons abilities. No matter how patient you may be, 10 games without a victory would put lots off pressure on both him and the team, and suddenly we could face a managerial change in the worst part of the season, just like in our relegation-season.

If Ashley and his crew lost confidence in Hughton, I think this was the right time to make a change. I am not saying that Pardew is the right man, or that Ashley knows what he is doing, Im just saying that I think it is better to make the change now than to wait until the new guy would have to battle from the relegation-zone rather than against the relegation-zone.

I would be just as happy for 3 points under Pardew, and it is not his fault that they sacked Hughton. Even if he went behind Hughtons back to get the job, it was not his decision to make. If I were jobless and some attractive company offered me a job that was likely to become vacant, I would have taken it.

Still hate Pardew but thats human nature its like someone taking your pet dog and being given a Skunk and saying thanks very much i will give it all my love and attention  :facepalm:

Guest ovesbar

Still hate Pardew but thats human nature its like someone taking your pet dog and being given a Skunk and saying thanks very much i will give it all my love and attention  :facepalm:

Well yes, but it seems to me most people on here would want to cut of the skunks head and put it on a pole.

This is all a bit over the top for me. I dont like the treatment of Hughton any more than the rest of you, but it is not like we have hired Joe Kinnear again. Ashley have proven that he is clueless when it comes to running a football-club, but I for one can understand why they felt Hughtons time was up.

No doubt Hughton is a perfect gentleman and all that, but is he a good football-manager? Yes he did very well last year, no doubt, much better than anyone would have thought. But looking at our fixture list from now and until new years, I think there is a good chance we would have gone 10 games without a victory and find ourselves in, or very close to the relegation sone. Would he have the same support then? We have had som great results this season, but mainly in the "big games". I question Hughtons abilities to motivate the players for games against lesser opposition, like WBA, Blackpool, Bolton et. al. Our games against WBA, Bolton, 2nd half Stoke, and Blackburn is some of the worst I can remember. Off course against Sunderland, Arsenal and City we were very good, but to stay in this division we can not afford to loose against our relegation rivals.

I just dont think protesting and all that will do anything other than upsetting the players, and thats the last thing we need. If it is one thing these last seasons have showed us, it is that club-owners dont care about protests and hostility.

Total and Utter s*** m8, all of it.

Guest ovesbar

This is all a bit over the top for me. I dont like the treatment of Hughton any more than the rest of you, but it is not like we have hired Joe Kinnear again. Ashley have proven that he is clueless when it comes to running a football-club, but I for one can understand why they felt Hughtons time was up.

No doubt Hughton is a perfect gentleman and all that, but is he a good football-manager? Yes he did very well last year, no doubt, much better than anyone would have thought. But looking at our fixture list from now and until new years, I think there is a good chance we would have gone 10 games without a victory and find ourselves in, or very close to the relegation sone. Would he have the same support then? We have had som great results this season, but mainly in the "big games". I question Hughtons abilities to motivate the players for games against lesser opposition, like WBA, Blackpool, Bolton et. al. Our games against WBA, Bolton, 2nd half Stoke, and Blackburn is some of the worst I can remember. Off course against Sunderland, Arsenal and City we were very good, but to stay in this division we can not afford to loose against our relegation rivals.

Off course it would make much more sense to appoint a proven manager with a record of success, and dont get me wrong, I dont like Pardew and the process behind his appointment any more than you do. But I will give him a chance, and if, (big if) it turns out he actually is a good manager, and wins us important points I believe all this hostility soon will disappear.

I just dont think protesting and all that will do anything other than upsetting the players, and thats the last thing we need. If it is one thing these last seasons have showed us, it is that club-owners dont care about protests and hostility.

Yes, its all black and white. Hughton is Jesus, and Pardew is the devil.

Guest Roger Kint

How will protesting or booing affect the players ffs? Some of our thick fans boo them for draws at half time v Chelsea, they arent stupid they will know what the noise is about tomorrow if/when it happens.

I think ovesbar is spot on tbh. 

Strange that, I though replacing a up and coming well supported (fans and players) manager. With a Manger know for being  good at getting sacked, religated and into other peoples wifes knickers was a bad idea.

Off course it would make much more sense to appoint a proven manager with a record of success, and dont get me wrong, I dont like Pardew and the process behind his appointment any more than you do. But I will give him a chance, and if, (big if) it turns out he actually is a good manager, and wins us important points I believe all this hostility soon will disappear.

Yes, its all black and white. Hughton is Jesus, and Pardew is the devil.

It's got sod to do with Hughton being Jesus and Pardrew the Devil.

Facts are facts, Pardrew record is very very average at best, and he comes with a load of baggage.

Hughton was learning the trade and doing well, and came with no  baggage

which players wife(s) is he supposed to have defiled anyway?

Jose Fonte's piece at Southampton.

google image search does not yield any results unfortunately :(

Surely this is why we've got Kaizero?

where is he then?  this is a key issue for me, if she's fucking superb then pards is absolved in my eyes and comes with a clean slate, if she's nowt special he's still a cunt

How will protesting or booing affect the players ffs? Some of our thick fans boo them for draws at half time v Chelsea, they arent stupid they will know what the noise is about tomorrow if/when it happens.

I know, I don't get that either. Some of them are probably as angry as us(although their £200,000 or so this month will surely help them through). They know the craic, they won't be expecting any less.

I know, I don't get that either. Some of them are probably as angry as us(although their £200,000 or so this month will surely help them through). They know the craic, they won't be expecting any less.

The really sad truth is, that most, if not all the players that are of any great benefit to the team will be gone by the end of the season anyway