Alan Pardew

JH

Serious point here. Imagine for a second that we'd had the results this year and last with a twattish character like Souness in charge. Would people be as fussed about the manager getting the boot? He got a lot of brownie points for being a decent man who conducted himself with dignity. It's still a results industry though and he failed to pick up many points this year against lower Premier League sides, including some stinking results against our fellow promoted sides as well as Blackburn, Stoke and Wigan.

#devilsadvocate

You serious? Comparing Hughton and Souness as men and their actions while at the club and saying you can't see the difference? The point's made in your own post, Souness was a twattish character, a bully who picked apart the best of our club. Hughton is a gentleman who oversaw a renaissance given the circumstances he inherited (and has obviously had to work under throughout). Souness couldn't have got this year and last's results BECAUSE HE'S A TWAT. That's his single biggest failing as a manager.

Like others have said, stop trying to make sense of this situation because it's senseless. Decent posters like yourself who really try to will get dragged down to Ashley and Llambias' bizarro world.

Can we organise some sort of boycott of that butchers in Granger Market until the idiot who works there stops talking to the media?

Which one you on about? The bald guy or the other one that spoke?

Guest Kenton Magpie

Disgusted by this news, honestly cant figure out what the fuck is going on in Ashleys head, fuck all this rubbish about needing to support the lads (even though it isnt down to them) but i wont spend another penny to attend games, buy replica shirts and shit and buy in or attend Shearer's for that matter untill this cancer has left our club for good. Thanks a lot you fat prick for making me make one of the toughest decisons of my life

This has to go down as one of the most baffling decisions in the history of the premier league?

Other than the Man Utd board allowing the Glazers to buy the club with money borrowed against its value, I struggle to think of any boardroom action that has made as little sense as this one.

The Souness appointment was a total joke but at least the guy had won something meaningful in his managerial career.  That obviously doesn't justify if because anyone with half a brain could see it was a massive error, but this is a whole new level of retarded.

Mike Ashley, you may think you are a football expert but in actually fact you are a clueless fuckwit! You got lucky once with Hughton but it's not going to happen this time. You have royally dry bummed this football club and made yourself a national laughing stock. A big round of applause for you, you absolute mong!

This has to go down as one of the most baffling decisions in the history of the premier league?

Other than the Man Utd board allowing the Glazers to buy the club with money borrowed against its value, I struggle to think of any boardroom action that has made as little sense as this one.

The Souness appointment was a total joke but at least the guy had won something meaningful in his managerial career.  That obviously doesn't justify if because anyone with half a brain could see it was a massive error, but this is a whole new level of retarded.

Mike Ashley, you may think you are a football expert but in actually fact you are a clueless fuckwit! You got lucky once with Hughton but it's not going to happen this time. You have royally dry bummed this football club and made yourself a national laughing stock. A big round of applause for you, you absolute mong!

But what if Pardew does well?

But what if Pardew does well?

It still won't make any sense because Hughton was already doing well, was loved by the fans, respected by the players and the media and had brought stability to the club.

Even if Pardew does brilliantly, it will still be under a cloud of hatred and disharmony that was completely unnecessary and avoidable.

The alienation of the fans and the negativity created by the board is something that will not go away regardless of how successful Pardew is.

Guest WashyGeordie
"Pardew stated that retaining top flight status this season and then mounting a challenge for a top ten finish in the next campaign were his aims - surely that should now see him sacked' date=' given that they echo Hughton's ambitions?"[/quote']

Sums it up for me; the whole situation.

Pardew can't do well, it's as simple as that. He has to play by Ashley's rules in order to keep his job. Any manager who plays by those rules undermines himself and will ultimately fail, unless you believe Ashley is a football genius.

Aye, almost as insane as his comments re: Hughton. Something along the lines of:

"Chris has done a great job so far this season to get the club where it is and it's my job to take it forward"

If it was that great, why was he sacked because of it?!

Aye, almost as insane as his comments re: Hughton. Something along the lines of:

"Chris has done a great job so far this season to get the club where it is and it's my job to take it forward"

If it was that great, why was he sacked because of it?!

Cos' Ashley is a massive racist. I thought we'd established that?

I have a feeling a big part of this has to do with changes to the playing squad, which Hughton wasn't ready to accept. Similar to when Keegan quit, I think they still want to get rid of Barton and Alan Smith in particular, due to their high wages and Barton's behaviour which is still costing us. Steven Taylor will also be moved on as he is not signing for the current money they are offering. The success of Williamson and Tiote who were very cheap and on low wages are the ideal, hence the new 5 year deal for Williamson. I'm sure we'll see more Tiote type signings in January and onwards. Players signed from the smaller leagues in Europe to replace our higher earners.

Pards Urges Fans To Channel Frustration

New Magpies boss Alan Pardew is hoping the St. James' Park faithful will channel any frustrations they have over the departure of Chris Hughton into support for the team when they take on Liverpool on Saturday.

Many supporters were disappointed to see popular Hughton leave the club, and Pardew - appointed the club's manager on Thursday - accepts that brings pressure going into his first game.

Am I missing something here? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt

That is all.