Alan Pardew

JH

So say they've binned Hughton because they say they want 'more experience' and get Pardew in, do they let him make changes in January? What if those changes are w*** and we go down (or very nearly) - do they then sack Pardew? Who comes in then?

I know our squad is hardly brimming with talent but there are some good players there who have stuck with us when they probably shouldn't have, and players who plenty of other clubs would want. IMO we're staring down the barrel of a Souness-style demolition of the team, squad and possibly club here.

Yup.

Souness 2 the revenge.

We won't have the same ground and foundation for a comeback like we did last time, if we were to go down this season again. Those who stayed on board (Coloccini, Enrique, Jonas, Barton, Nolan etc.) will all be tired of the crap running of the club and leave. That leaves us with the task of bringing in loads of Championship players or SPL players to fill the void - which eventually leaves us with a weak squad.

This will be the issue until Ashley sells up, in my opinion. We can never trust him to make the right decisions and lead the club forward as he clearly doesn't learn from his mistakes.

It makes no sense in terms of ambition either. Hughton was doing alright enough with the players and resources at his disposal. Is this Ashley saying he wants to do more than just stay up? Is Alan Pardew going to get us into Europe? On this budget? Good luck with that you stupid fat fuck.

If Pardew is the new manager then somebody please chip together for a Sniper at st james on saturday...

I'm not the only one daydreaming about assembling a rifle in the east stand and picking him off then? That an a load of hooligans dragging him half naked into the centre circle...

So say they've binned Hughton because they say they want 'more experience' and get Pardew in, do they let him make changes in January? What if those changes are wank and we go down (or very nearly) - do they then sack Pardew? Who comes in then?

I know our squad is hardly brimming with talent but there are some good players there who have stuck with us when they probably shouldn't have, and players who plenty of other clubs would want. IMO we're staring down the barrel of a Souness-style demolition of the team, squad and possibly club here.

If Ashley has any plan (which he probably doesn't, or if he does it's shit) then it seems to be horses for courses - use a cheap manager to get us back into the Premier League and dispense with him when he's not the traditional name for that level.

It makes no sense in terms of ambition either. Hughton was doing alright enough with the players and resources at his disposal. Is this Ashley saying he wants to do more than just stay up? Is Alan Pardew going to get us into Europe? On this budget? Good luck with that you stupid fat fuck.

Absolutely incomprehensible.

I really subscribe to the idea that Hughton was too pally with the players and Ashley wants a stooge in place who will do his bidding without question.

Absolutely incomprehensible.

Ashley's used to running businesses where he has the final say on absolutely everything, if a subordinate doesn't want another of his employees as his assistant or won't let him micromanage their work, he kicks them out and considers that strong and effective leadership.

I really subscribe to the idea that Hughton was too pally with the players and Ashley wants a stooge in place who will do his bidding without question.

Maybe Hughton's public refusal to sell Smith this window got Ashley pissed off considering his daft wages, non ability and not playing. If Ashley wants the wage bill dropping players like Smith have to go though Hughton knows he'd not see much out of it in transfer fees and loses a body.

It's terrible I know but a feel obligated to mention that perhaps Pardew coming in before Saturday isn't the worst thing that could happen considering that the alternative is to go two months without a manager dropping points left and right until Joe Kinnear arrives.

It's terrible I know but a feel obligated to mention that perhaps Pardew coming in before Saturday isn't the worst thing that could happen considering that the alternative is to go two months without a manager dropping points left and right until Joe Kinnear arrives.

Or they could have said thanks chris, thanks very much for promotion but we dont think you can handle thme prem, or let him see the season out.

Blatantly is going to be him, not an improvement but I'll support the guy nonetheless, seems a nice enough bloke.

Forced his way out of Reading to become West Ham manager.

Made his interest in a Andy Johnson public without any consultation from Palace.

Criticised Wenger after they beat Real Madrid for not having any British players in the side.

Caught on film calling West Ham fans “wankers” who “should all fuck off”.

Described Michael Essien holding off another player as 'rape' on live TV.

Shagged one of his players wives.

Nice chap.

Or they could have said thanks chris, thanks very much for promotion but we dont think you can handle thme prem, or let him see the season out.

Well yes, we could have also not handed over half of Eastern Europe to that Adolf guy 70 years ago.

Pointless thinking about that now.

Probably happen under Pardew anyway.

There's a difference between "no manager" and "shit manager."

Even Joe Kinnear was an improvement over "no manager."

Don't give a shit if we support him. Just support the team. Don't be chanting Pardew Out on his first home match (which I'm not saying people will, just an extreme example). Just egg on the team.

The atmosphere will be shit, I can't see any way to avoid Ashley chants throughout the entire game.

It might affect the team, but I can't criticise anyone too much for it after what we've bee put through.