Alan Pardew

JH

I dislike Pardew but you're taking the piss here like. He's entitled to talk about injuries.

The outcome is the same in both situations, you either want the opposition to know you have injuries or you don't.

my guess is that word got out on carroll anyway. ie i don't think it was pardew that broke the story. however in enriques case it was the player who broke it and no-one would have known till the official team announcement had he not tweeted.

my guess is that word got out on carroll anyway. ie i don't think it was pardew that broke the story. however in enriques case it was the player who broke it and no-one would have known till the official team announcement had he not tweeted.

Players have broken news on injuries for as long as I've been watching football, as have managers, just do a google on 'footballer reveals injury.'

Players have broken news on injuries for as long as I've been watching football, as have managers, just do a google on 'footballer reveals injury.'

and managers would have been telling to keep quiet in future for as long.

Supermac is having a go at Pardew's long ball tactics. He talks a lot of shite at times but can't argue with much here.

Supermac on Alan Pardew's start as Newcastle boss

Jan 1 2011 Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United's last two games have left me with one question: Is that it?

Within three games of Alan Pardew taking over – even as soon as the Manchester City defeat – the Magpies have resorted to the Last Chance Saloon.

I’ve looked at the games since Pardew’s appointment wondering what changes he will make.

I was hoping people who have flattered on the training ground but not done it on the field of play might have been left out, or there might have been a change of formation. Something that would give you a bit of hope.

Often with a new manager you might not see immediate improvement. In fact, it’s unlikely you will unless you spend vast sums of money.

Even now I still don’t understand why the owner decided to sack Chris Hughton. There haven’t been many changes in thinking yet. If anything they seem to be using a more direct style of play.

I’ve heard people say, ‘But there’s Andy Carroll up front’. That’s not an excuse.

The long ball is technically the last option. If you make it the first, there aren’t any others. You often see England do it more and more when they’re struggling.

It’s a lazy option for players. The simple thing is for a member of the back four to lump it up so they don’t have to go on the overlap.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/01/supermac-on-alan-pardew-s-start-as-newcastle-boss-72703-27915127/#ixzz19mrKBPsO

Supermac is having a go at Pardew's long ball tactics. He talks a lot of s**** at times but can't argue with much here.

Supermac on Alan Pardew's start as Newcastle boss

Jan 1 2011 Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United's last two games have left me with one question: Is that it?

Within three games of Alan Pardew taking over – even as soon as the Manchester City defeat – the Magpies have resorted to the Last Chance Saloon.

I’ve looked at the games since Pardew’s appointment wondering what changes he will make.

I was hoping people who have flattered on the training ground but not done it on the field of play might have been left out, or there might have been a change of formation. Something that would give you a bit of hope.

Often with a new manager you might not see immediate improvement. In fact, it’s unlikely you will unless you spend vast sums of money.

Even now I still don’t understand why the owner decided to sack Chris Hughton. There haven’t been many changes in thinking yet. If anything they seem to be using a more direct style of play.

I’ve heard people say, ‘But there’s Andy Carroll up front’. That’s not an excuse.

The long ball is technically the last option. If you make it the first, there aren’t any others. You often see England do it more and more when they’re struggling.

It’s a lazy option for players. The simple thing is for a member of the back four to lump it up so they don’t have to go on the overlap.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/01/supermac-on-alan-pardew-s-start-as-newcastle-boss-72703-27915127/#ixzz19mrKBPsO

except thats the way we've played since beating the mackems.

I'm just surprised Pardew hasn't had more of an impact on our style. Maybe it's early days but his public statements do seem to suggest that with the players we've got hoofing the ball up to Carroll is the best option.