Alan Pardew

JH

Funny BBC interview where the interviewer asked a shocked Pardew If he had any empathy for Avram Grant having been on the wrong end of a heavy by Reading back when he was managing West Ham "that must have been painfull".

Pardew quickly retorts with "well I havent had many" and basically blew the question off.

Still want to punch him in the face everytime I see him.

Funny BBC interview where the interviewer asked a shocked Pardew If he had any empathy for Avram Grant having been on the wrong end of a heavy by Reading back when he was managing West Ham "that must have been painfull".

Pardew quickly retorts with "well I havent had many" and basically blew the question off.

curbishley was manager iirc when reading slaughtered them back then

This still remains my toughest hurdle. :lol:

What a start. 9 out of 15 points. I expected 4 tbh.

Yep, can't complain at all really. The manner of the Spurs defeat was rage-inducingly pitiful, but Pardew deserves stacks of credit for keeping Hughton's momentum going. He and the players are doing really, really well.

Really??

Fuck me...the lad has praised your god and you still want to argue!

:dowie: 

:facepalm:

curbishley was manager iirc when reading slaughtered them back then

Good call!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6205803.stm

No wonder Pardew looked hurt, would have been funnier if he had remembered it wasnt actually his team that got thumped..

... "Er.. actually that wasnt my team, but nice try."

Can imagine he got back to the dressing room cursing about the Reading game, until he realised, wait a minute..

http://img.youtube.com/vi/NefM2gVo9mw/default.jpg

WHAAAAAT

Hard to anything but encouraged thus far.

Getting anything from City or Spurs was always going to be a bonus, to take 6 points from Wigan and West Ham is massive though. Fair play to him and long may it continue.

Think Pardew has done well since coming in, still early doors though.

He has to be given some credit for Leon Best's performance last night, must've taken some pep talk to have got a performance like that from the lad.

Still an incredibly underwhelming choice of manager but from what I've seen so far he'll be well on his way to winning me over if we get a result at the SOS next weekend.

The only thing he's done wrong so far is being appointed by Mike Ashley, quietly impressed with what he's done.

As with some of the players we've signed, maybe he'll show that people with hunger and something to prove are the way to build a decent club.

Doing well at the moment, but it will take to next season before I can say that I had wrong. I won´t jump the gun since I, for example, remember Souness and Roeder.

Next season we will see if Pardew can take us forward or if he is a total prick that we all knew about.

happy at the moment, but thats easy after two victories and a Best hattrick!

Doing well at the moment, but it will take to next season before I can say that I had wrong. I won´t jump the gun since I, for example, remember Souness and Roeder.

Next season we will see if Pardew can take us forward or if he is a total prick that we all knew about.

So even if we finish top half this season, you won't admit that you were wrong with Pardew?

The thing that worried me when Hughton got the sack and Pardew was brought in was not really the fear of Pardew being an inferior manager to Hughton.

This was all about how the players would respond after losing a manager they clearly liked. In the past, I am sure we would've collapsed like a house of cards in a tornado but this group of lads seems to have the right character and they genuinely seem to care about the club.

It will be interesting to see what Ashley will give Pardew in terms of transfer funds as I feel like we're at a crossroads where if we make the right moves we would have a good platform to push forward and be a side expected to finish top 10 at least. From there it's all about outsmarting the teams around us with the signings we make and keep building a strong side.

The future doesn't really look that bleak at the moment. Of course, that could all change with the sale of Andy Carroll.

Despite the jaundiced and often prejudiced view of some on here, Alan Pardew has always had an excellent reputation amongst professionals within the game and that is what REALLY counts.

He's had a decent start at NUFC despite a very difficult introduction, a hectic and testing run of matches and a fair few injuries to contend with. His man management skills seem to be excellent and I've seen three very original and effective set pieces produced so far.

Well done AP keep it up !

Despite the jaundiced and often prejudiced view of some on here, Alan Pardew has always had an excellent reputation amongst professionals within the game and that is what REALLY counts.

He's had a decent start at NUFC despite a very difficult introduction, a hectic and testing run of matches and a fair few injuries to contend with. His man management skills seem to be excellent and I've seen three very original and effective set pieces produced so far.

I rated Pardew quite a lot when he was with West Ham, I think it was mainly because he comes across so well in interviews etc, and he radiates an air of knowing what he's doing.

He's a charismatic guy, not surprised he's managed to have "steamy romps" with so many players' wives!

Have been reasonably impressed by how the team has played so far, although still think he's largely using Chris Hughton's formation and tactics. One thing that is really pissing me off though is that he will give the press a quote on anything, regardless if he has any knowledge about it.

I rated Pardew quite a lot when he was with West Ham, I think it was mainly because he comes across so well in interviews etc, and he radiates an air of knowing what he's doing.

He's a charismatic guy, not surprised he's managed to have "steamy romps" with so many players' wives!

Does that get added to the pros or cons column ?    ;D

So even if we finish top half this season, you won't admit that you were wrong with Pardew?

no, becasue I won´t do a Roeder again. Fair play if we finish were we are now. But I will wait untill next season. see what he did for West Ham etc.

The thing that worried me when Hughton got the sack and Pardew was brought in was not really the fear of Pardew being an inferior manager to Hughton.

This was all about how the players would respond after losing a manager they clearly liked. In the past, I am sure we would've collapsed like a house of cards in a tornado but this group of lads seems to have the right character and they genuinely seem to care about the club.

It will be interesting to see what Ashley will give Pardew in terms of transfer funds as I feel like we're at a crossroads where if we make the right moves we would have a good platform to push forward and be a side expected to finish top 10 at least. From there it's all about outsmarting the teams around us with the signings we make and keep building a strong side.

The future doesn't really look that bleak at the moment. Of course, that could all change with the sale of Andy Carroll.

I´m very nervous to see what type of players he will bring. really nervous.

Have been reasonably impressed by how the team has played so far, although still think he's largely using Chris Hughton's formation and tactics. One thing that is really pissing me off though is that he will give the press a quote on anything, regardless if he has any knowledge about it.

Yeah, last night he went for the tried and trusted Hughton tactic of 4-4-2 with Best and Lovelyhands up front :thup:

this is basically my point. let´s see what happens when he start to bring in and out players and form he´s style of formation and what effect his training methods etc has on the team.