Alan Pardew

JH

As far as I'm concerned the players and we fans have to do what we've continued to do to the cynical media and the doubters in coping with crises, whether these manifest from a monumental Ashley fuck up, or a key players fucking off. Prove them wrong.

- When we went down, it was doubted if we'd ever get back up. The response was to win the Championship convincingly.

- When we came back up, it was doubted that we'd be able to compete. The response was to reach 9th in the table with a number of convincing wins including 5-1 hammering of our rivals.

- When Hughton was sacked, again, many predicted we'd implode. The response was, even from my own perspective, much better than expected. The team spirit held together and remained strong. Some decent results followed.

Basically, in the past few months, the squad have triumphed in the face of adversity. The best way to deal with this fiasco is to move on and look to build on the excellent progress made throughout the season starting with a result on Wednesday.

We're all gutted about this. It's fucking shit. It's a kick in the teeth. But like it or not, week in week out we'll be here and so will Newcastle United. If the past few months is anything to go by, I for one have faith in the squad and, strangely, a degree of trust in Pardew. I've no doubt that the 'this group of lads' will pull together and see us through another period of uncertainty and disillusion. For we Toon faithful, we'll have to wait until the summer to see whether or not our renewed faith will again be crushed. Still, life in the Toon circus is fun ay?

Guest MrSundlofer

I don't feel sorry for Pardew. He's the manager. If he want new players - go tell the board and make sure we'll sign some.

Transfer window is closed and he's talking to the press about Carroll being sold. He should be angry that his best striker has been sold and the only player in this window was an injured Stephen Ireland out of form.

He should be in the board room right now and talking with Ashley and Llambias about what happened last night and why there's no new signings. But he's not. I think he's just a simple coward.

As far as I'm concerned the players and we fans have to do what we've continued to do to the cynical media and the doubters in coping with crises, whether these manifest from a monumental Ashley f*** up, or a key players f***ing off. Prove them wrong.

- When we went down, it was doubted if we'd ever get back up. The response was to win the Championship convincingly.

- When we came back up, it was doubted that we'd be able to compete. The response was to reach 9th in the table with a number of convincing wins including 5-1 hammering of our rivals.

- When Hughton was sacked, again, many predicted we'd implode. The response was, even from my own perspective, much better than expected. The team spirit held together and remained strong. Some decent results followed.

Basically, in the past few months, the squad have triumphed in the face of adversity. The best way to deal with this fiasco is to move on and look to build on the excellent progress made throughout the season starting with a result on Wednesday.

We're all gutted about this. It's f***ing s***. It's a kick in the teeth. But like it or not, week in week out we'll be here and so will Newcastle United. If the past few months is anything to go by, I for one have faith in the squad and, strangely, a degree of trust in Pardew. I've no doubt that the 'this group of lads' will pull together and see us through another period of uncertainty and disillusion. For we Toon faithful, we'll have to wait until the summer to see whether or not our renewed faith will again be crushed. Still, life in the Toon circus is fun ay?

You sound like a real supporter.

I don't feel sorry for Pardew. He's the manager. If he want new players - go tell the board and make sure we'll sign some.

Transfer window is closed and he's talking to the press about Carroll being sold. He should be angry that his best striker has been sold and the only player in this window was an injured Stephen Ireland out of form.

He should be in the board room right now and talking with Ashley and Llambias about what happened last night and why there's no new signings. But he's not. I think he's just a simple coward.

I think he's the only one coming out of this with any credit.

Damn straight.

He's just showing dissapointment, but looking for the team to battle on. Where is he even asking for any sympathy?

As far as I'm concerned the players and we fans have to do what we've continued to do to the cynical media and the doubters in coping with crises, whether these manifest from a monumental Ashley fuck up, or a key players fucking off. Prove them wrong.

We're all gutted about this. It's fucking shit. It's a kick in the teeth. But like it or not, week in week out we'll be here and so will Newcastle United. If the past few months is anything to go by, I for one have faith in the squad and, strangely, a degree of trust in Pardew. I've no doubt that the 'this group of lads' will pull together and see us through another period of uncertainty and disillusion. For we Toon faithful, we'll have to wait until the summer to see whether or not our renewed faith will again be crushed. Still, life in the Toon circus is fun ay?

I think of all the challenges you mentioned, this is the one that the other players in the squad will find easiest to deal with.

I think of all the challenges you mentioned, this is the one that the other players in the squad will find easiest to deal with.

Really hope so mate. Really hope so. It's difficult to see past the shit sometimes but personally, I think we'll be ok. Just need to make it through to the summer and concentrate on staying up. In the meantime, we've plenty of time to let Carr earn some of his wedge and het him looking for a couple of Tiote's around the globe!

I think he's the only one coming out of this with any credit.

haha, for WHAT!? knowing for months he was coming in to replace hughton on the premise that the board could buy and sell anyone they like? and then sitting in his first press conference lying about it? jesus christ man.

Pardew is growing on me I have to confess. That will all go out the window if he buys badly mind but he's handled himself well in tough conditions IMO.

Yeah I quite like him tbh.  He seems to be quite honest although thats difficult to say atm.  Hughton never really used to comment on anything, its nice having Pardew giving fair and frank assesments, even of players when they perform poorly but even when he does this it seems to be in the right way, he points out what they did wrong and says what they need to do to improve this.

Blatantly obvious to anyone with a fucking brain that Carroll was a goner from the moment he took the job. Ashley is on record as saying his plan is to build players up then sell them high and Hughton decided he wasn't prepared to be complicit with this so he had to go.

How naive do you lot have to be before you realise what a liar the man is? Did the fact that he claims no contact with NUFC before our manager's dismissal not ring any bells when every person on this board knew he'd been scheming and wanting us to lose for over a month beforehand? He's a liar hired by proven liars and still people believe every word. Do any of you want to buy dinosaur insurance? Just seen a T Rex in Byker.

the main thing that HAS changed is that now he's got someone there who won't even attempt to stand up to him or derek like keegan or latterly hughton. Alan Pardew's job description is very likely to be train and pick the team, and nothing else, why else would they have appointed one of their mates for five years? the club is now simply a money making exercise for mike ashley, and nothing more.

just to back up wullie's post

Blatantly obvious to anyone with a fucking brain that Carroll was a goner from the moment he took the job. Ashley is on record as saying his plan is to build players up then sell them high and Hughton decided he wasn't prepared to be complicit with this so he had to go.

How naive do you lot have to be before you realise what a liar the man is? Did the fact that he claims no contact with NUFC before our manager's dismissal not ring any bells when every person on this board knew he'd been scheming and wanting us to lose for over a month beforehand? He's a liar hired by proven liars and still people believe every word. Do any of you want to buy dinosaur insurance? Just seen a T Rex in Byker.

Whether this be the case or not had we rejected 35 million it would have been a retty dumb thing to do especially as hes not due back till early march anyway.

the main thing that HAS changed is that now he's got someone there who won't even attempt to stand up to him or derek like keegan or latterly hughton. Alan Pardew's job description is very likely to be train and pick the team, and nothing else, why else would they have appointed one of their mates for five years? the club is now simply a money making exercise for mike ashley, and nothing more.

Backing it up with even more paranoia induced nonsense?

You know, it's easy to believe everyone is against you and get credit on forums like this for being cynical and clever.

Ashley has many faults, I don't deny that, and he certainly manages the club in a way that is quite jarring compared to the last bloke.

But I don't see any evidence that Pardew is lying about the Carroll situation, and there's also no evidence that Pardew had anything to do with Hughton's sacking. Maybe they asked him if he would be interested in the job, but that must happen all the time.

Backing it up with even more deluded nonsense?

yes, exactly.

and there's also no evidence that Pardew had anything to do with Hughton's sacking. Maybe they asked him if he would be interested in the job, but that must happen all the time.

semantics. if someone's in a job and you're asked to take over from them for a very specific reason (we can discount experience and achievements here i think, thats something we DO have evidence of, or lack of actually) and you say yes, you're partly responsible for their sacking at least. say what you like but pardew being lined up for the job was talked about for months on here before it happened.

You know, it's easy to believe everyone is against you and get credit on forums like this for being cynical and clever.

and wtf does it do with believing everyone is against you? ashley's been a disaster for the club and cares less for it than most sunderland fans, there's plenty of evidence for that.

and wtf does it do with believing everyone is against you? ashley's been a disaster for the club and cares less for it than most sunderland fans, there's plenty of evidence for that.

I know that, you missed off the rest of my post where I made it clear I was only talking about this incident (and I admitted Ashley has a lot of faults).

I know that, you missed off the rest of my post where I made it clear I was only talking about this incident (and I admitted Ashley has a lot of faults).

thought that part set the tone tbh mate. its about context imo, fair enough you dont see any evidence of anyone lying in THIS situation but its not as simple as that.

Blatantly obvious to anyone with a f***ing brain that Carroll was a goner from the moment he took the job. Ashley is on record as saying his plan is to build players up then sell them high and Hughton decided he wasn't prepared to be complicit with this so he had to go.

:clap

Someone else that sees it as it really is. Sorry to sound so negative and I know maybe a little paranoid, but this regime is rotten to the core and Pardew is in the shit pit with the rest of em up to his neck.

A cunt amongst cunts. He and all of em are a disease.

Time for the leaders of the dressing room to stand-up and be counted.  Looking at Barton, Nolan, Smudge (even if hes sidelined), yes, even Shola, and Stevie Harper to keep everyone focused and going.

If the 2-3 hes saying are of real quality, then I will be happy with that. 

Whats truly crazy to me is that if we continue to play with will and intent and passion on the pitch even with all the absolute crap that the players have gone through in the past year, then it just continues to make me smile that this is the club I love and support.

Very hard to see any thing positive from this at the moment, but Pardew sounded quality in that interview and I just hope the squad will leave it all on the pitch.

Howay the Lads.

Time for the leaders of the dressing room to stand-up and be counted.  Looking at Barton, Nolan, Smudge (even if hes sidelined), yes, even Shola, and Stevie Harper to keep everyone focused and going.

Once again, that is.