Alan Pardew

JH

I also think Pardew has done well and he has almost completely convinced me that he'll be a good manager for us in the next years.

But, I suppose he's been really lucky with the 'group of lads' he's got here. They seem to be able to manage themselves sometimes really.

I also think Pardew has done well and he has almost completely convinced me that he'll be a good manager for us in the next years.

But, I suppose he's been really lucky with the 'group of lads' he's got here. They seem to be able to manage themselves sometimes really.

His talk of signing League 1 players still scares the hell out of me though.

His talk of signing League 1 players still scares the hell out of me though.

That's why I said 'almost completely'. I'll rate him after the transfer window.

Guest neesy111

Why did he wait so long before bringing Ranger on?  And, why take off Jonas who looked more likely than most to create something up front?

Knew you would find something to complain about Pardew's performance.

Guest EastEndGeordie

People are delusional on here wait until next season pardew is shit and is riding off Hughtons wings wait until next season then we;ll see how many of you still support him.

I have no evidence to base this on - but I do think we've picked up more points under him than we would have under Hughton. His use of substitutes is also something that's really impressed me.

I still don't trust a word he says though.

People are delusional on here wait until next season pardew is s*** and is riding off Hughtons wings wait until next season then we;ll see how many of you still support him.

Why don't you quit supporting the team then? Stop being such a f***ing negative idiot and enjoy the moment :)

Why did he wait so long before bringing Ranger on?  And, why take off Jonas who looked more likely than most to create something up front?

Agree with the first point, disagree with the second. We'd have lost the game if we'd stuck with that 4-4-1 tbh; someone had to be sacrificed to open up the spot for a third centre-back. Jonas was the only feasible choice, tbh. As it happened, the game swung back completely into our favour. It's a while since i've seen us go down to ten men and us be the more prominent attacking unit. The subs were brilliant.

Guest EastEndGeordie

People are delusional on here wait until next season pardew is s*** and is riding off Hughtons wings wait until next season then we;ll see how many of you still support him.

Why don't you quit supporting the team then? Stop being such a f***ing negative idiot and enjoy the moment!

I'm worried about the long term not the short term and enjoy the moment? What you on about?

Pardew is CRAP and that is a matter of fact, look back and he always does well in his first season and crap in his second a second rate manager.

Very good today, the only thing I'd say is Kuqi should have replaced Best earlier. Best wasn't winning many aerial balls, although mainly down to fucking shit reffing. He was pushed or pulled pretty much every time and we seemed to get a free kick for one of every four.

Very good today, the only thing I'd say is Kuqi should have replaced Best earlier. Best wasn't winning many aerial balls, although mainly down to fucking shit reffing. He was pushed or pulled pretty much every time and we seemed to get a free kick for one of every four.

You what? Best did well in the air. Any ball that came anywhere near him (many of Harper's did not...) - he got, at the very least, a glance on it. Unfortunately there was never any fucker around him to make use of it.

Guest neesy111

People are delusional on here wait until next season pardew is shit and is riding off Hughtons wings wait until next season then we;ll see how many of you still support him.

Such a narrow minded opinion that.  Pardew in many area's has shown is much better than Hughton imo.  Tactics and substitutions for starters.

Such a narrow minded opinion that.  Pardew in many area's has shown is much better than Hughton imo.  Tactics and substitutions for starters.

Pardew > Hughton for me.

I'll always love Hughton for what he did for us, but I think Pardew is a much better manager.

You know what you're actually admitting now guys? That MA was right and you were wrong :lol:

Pardew impresses me. His tactics are better than CH.

:)

You really don't like him do you Mick!

Our front two were poor today and he did nothing about it and it was obvious that when we played the ball up front it was coming straight back at us.  Lovenkrands was poor but Best hasn't a clue about how to stay on-side yet he had a full 90 minutes.  Also, I didn't see any need to take off Jonas when he looked the most likely to open something up going forward.

:)

You really don't like him do you Mick!

Our front two were poor today and he did nothing about it and it was obvious that when we played the ball up front it was coming straight back at us.  Loivenkrands was poor but Best hasn't a clue about how to stay on-side yet he had a full 90 minutes.  Also, I didn't see any need to take off Jonas when he looked the most likely to open something up going forward.

The reasons are just so obvious. At 4-4-1 we were dead and buried. I don't get what's so confusing about it. Enrique actually played better than him, from an attacking point of view, when he moved forward. ???

The reasons are just so obvious. At 4-4-1 we were dead and buried. I don't get what's so confusing about it. Enrique actually played better than him, from an attacking point of view, when he moved forward. ???

He could still have gone 3 at the back without taking off Jonas, he could have taken Lovenkrands off for Ranger and told Simpson to push up on the right.

Very impressed with his positive attitude of keeping two strikers on and playing three at the back with full backs pushing forward wide all the time when down to ten men. It kept us playing in their half a lot instead of just desperately defending and soaking up pressure like a lot of managers would have done.

Unlucky not to win it with Rangers marginal offside at the end.

We have to be very encouraged under the circumstances.

He could still have gone 3 at the back without taking off Jonas, he could have taken Lovenkrands off for Ranger and told Simpson to push up on the right.

Lovenkrands did come off and Simpson did push up. What would you have done?