Alan Pardew

JH

Just because you don't like the answer :lol:

Couldn't give a f*** about the answer, because it's worthless.

Even if he preferred Hughton as manager, he wouldn't say so.

AS JH said, why he couldn't he just say that he respected them both or that they are both good in their own ways? You think Pardew gonna drop him for saying that?

AS JH said, why he couldn't he just say that he respected them both or that they are both good in their own ways? You think Pardew gonna drop him for saying that?

Or maybe he just believes what he said???

Or maybe he just believes what he said???

Heresy!!

The performance was horrendous.

The fundamental problem with the changes against Stoke was that we'd moved the defense around. The defense is the crux of our team cos it contains our best players - especially if Nolan and Tiote aren't in the squad.

He went and did the same thing against Villa. Infuriating, and not just 'with hindsight'.

Pardew had a bit of a reputation at previous clubs for making strange selections. Sometimes I think he's a bit too clever for his own good. But on the whole I like the fact he's brave enough to experiment with formations. Hopefully they'll start coming off though, as at the moment they've pretty much backfired.

You might say that Pards had a worse set of players to choose from as well I suppose.

Not that I care about comparing them, I liked Hughton and I'm hoping Pardew does well in the future.

:thup: :clap:

The opportunity cost was maintaining unity and a general sense of stability around the club. This is mostly to do with the supporters, but some players as well, especially Barton. It is not too much to forfeit if we are truly looking to move the club forward, but you can never really tell.

You might say that Pards had a worse set of players to choose from as well I suppose.

Not that I care about comparing them, I liked Hughton and I'm hoping Pardew does well in the future.

Pardew had a say in the set of players he had to choose from, if they are worse then that should reflect on him.

The opportunity cost was maintaining unity and a general sense of stability around the club. This is mostly to do with the supporters, but some players as well, especially Barton. It is not too much to forfeit if we are truly looking to move the club forward, but you can never really tell.

There is that sense to it, but from what we've heard from talk ins recently, the players do seem to like Pardew. We'll just have to wait and see

Pardew had a say in the set of players he had to choose from, if they are worse then that should reflect on him.

This club has not spent a dime on new players since Pardew arrived here. The only player brought in under Pardew that has featured in a match is Shefki Kuqi. I do not really know what you are talking about. I doubt it was part of Pardew's master plan to sell Carroll.

The point I was trying to make is that if we had kept Hughton, we could be in a better position than we are now.

The Liverpool win was testament to how the players felt about Hughton, in my opinion.

The point I was trying to make is that if we had kept Hughton, we could be in a better position than we are now.

The Liverpool win was testament to how the players felt about Hughton, in my opinion.

But you quoted a set of statistics that showed they have almost identical records.

You might be right about the morale aspect, time will tell. I think the signs are good that Pardew has managed to maintain the team spirit though. It was certainly a potential opportunity cost, though hopefully it hasn't come to pass.

Interesting how the players felt the need to perform so strongly after Hughton left, but could do nothing but hide against West Bromwich. Odd to use statistics that go against your argument in an attempt to prove your arguments. There is no basis on which to assume our results would have experienced an upward trajectory with Hughton here and there was no lull after his disappearance.

Aye, the post was something along the lines of "Look at these stats that show the two managers are almost identical.... on an unrelated note, we could've been in a European place if we hadn't sacked Hughton"...

odd.

This club has not spent a dime on new players since Pardew arrived here. The only player brought in under Pardew that has featured in a match is Shefki Kuqi. I do not really know what you are talking about. I doubt it was part of Pardew's master plan to sell Carroll.

Get your head out of the sand, we spent most of the transfer window chasing an injured Villa player while either selling some of our players or sending them out on loan.  The fact that only Kuqi has played is a joke and you don't seem able to see it.