Alan Pardew

JH

Mentioned a few times but the higher we finish then the more Pardew earns on the contract he's on. Naturally he'll want to finish higher up than maybe the players do and I hope he gets his goal because I feel under the circumstances (popular manager out, nobody wanting him, etc) he's done a sound job imo.

Ashley is probably nobbling the players now we look safe to save a few quid...

Mentioned a few times but the higher we finish then the more Pardew earns on the contract he's on. Naturally he'll want to finish higher up than maybe the players do and I hope he gets his goal because I feel under the circumstances (popular manager out, nobody wanting him, etc) he's done a sound job imo.

I'd like to think they all want to finish as high as possible.  ???

Course they'll want to finish high as possible but financially they'll still be earning their pretty big pay packets whether we're 9th or 16th. From what we heard when Pardew took over he's on a low salary by Premier League standards and earns more the higher we finish.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Will be interesting how the players react today after having a slight ticking off in the media this week after Pardews comments about players slacking off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pardew post match 'we need 4 players who can get the fans off their seats'

Sounds good

Guest Roger Kint

Sounds good

He is after Zamora?  :frantic:

;)

I've been strongly against him from the start and I'm still not convinced, but in fairness he's consistently saying the right things. Its brilliant - I'm almost starting to believe them. Of course its one thing to say things and another to do them - but it seems like he's actually on the ball! We've held steady in the league and getting decent results. I'm getting cautiously optimistic about the summer, although that'll only make the pain hurt more. Credit where it's due, Pardew Credit where it's Par-due!  :clap:

Sounds good

He knows how we think anyway. Whether he will be in a position to provide it is another matter.

25 points from 20 games.

Given the rubbish he's had at his disposal, that qualifies as a job well done.

He had a transfer window and hugely fucked it up. We're lucky to be safe at this stage.

Guest neesy111

I'm sure there are at least 10 quotes which prove otherwise. Didn't he guarantee that Carroll wouldn't leave?

He did, but two events occurred which no one expected....

1) We Received a £35M bid from Liverpool.

2) Carroll handed in a transfer request.

You can provide 10 quotes which prove Pardew doesn't mostly tell it like it is? Aren't you bright.

pretty sure that could be done for every manager. the last thing we want is a manager who always tells the truth. it would put us at somewhat of a disadvantage.