Alan Pardew

JH

A crucial difference for me is that Hughton was a manager the players wanted to win for, Pardew just doesn't have that and will never have that. Hughton wasn't perfection but he was the right man for the job, I'm confident of that. I don't get why Pardew has just let all this Barton stuff just happen without any kind of intervention either, this would suggest he is not really managing the players as a manager should.

A crucial difference for me is that Hughton was a manager the players wanted to win for, Pardew just doesn't have that and will never have that. Hughton wasn't perfection but he was the right man for the job, I'm confident of that. I don't get why Pardew has just let all this Barton stuff just happen without any kind of intervention either, this would suggest he is not really managing the players as a manager should.

He seemed to be trying to play a diplomatic game with Joey, giving him a lot of rope to voice his opinions in the hope of keeping him on board - particularly because he really rated him as a player. Unfortunately, the diplomatic route hasn't worked.

I think it's possible in all this to have a more grounded opinion. He's obviously not the best manager in the world, and he's obviously either not telling the full truth or doesn't know the full truth and is telling what he believes to be the truth..... But at the same time, he's doing an already difficult job in extraordinarily difficult circumstances, and on the pitch, he's doing it pretty well for the most part.

Remember in all of this, not one of the players has had a bad word to say about him. It's all been directed at the board.

I remember at the Joey and Nolan talk-ins Joey was saying that he got on very well with Pardew and he was working very hard on his behalf to get him the deal he wanted.

Just saying... just because the owners are idiots, doesn't mean that everyone associated with them has to be tarnished with the same brush.

And look how well that went.

He's getting found out by more people, more and more each day.

Look, I know you don't like him. You've made it clear on here for weeks. I'm just telling you what Barton himself said. Whether he was successful or not in his attempts to get Barton the deal is really irrelevant (knowing the men upstairs that he has to deal with). The point I was making is that the players don't seem to dislike him.... and none of the ones who have left or are leaving have said a bad word about him.

Yet.

Yes yet. I can't predict the future can I (neither can you by the way  :lol:).

However, it's been 7 months since Carroll left and 6 weeks since Nolan. Still nothing.....

All I'm saying is if Pardew was a bad and as "part of the cockney mafia" as some people on here and Twitter would have you believe, don't you think we would have heard about it by now.

Some people may have believed he had more influence at the time of the AC sale.

I should think that people now realise he's got jack all to do with the club, apart from taking names out of a hat every weekend.

I think everyone realises that his job is basically first team coach.

So on that basis, how do you think he's done (purely as a football coach / managing the first team)?

In my eyes, he's done alright. About the same as Hughton.

I'd say if he's a first team coach he should be talking less, promising less and telling lies less.

Then I'd judge him on football alone.

Until then, I'll consider his title 'Director of Bullshit'.

Guest Chubby Jason

He's obviously a great networker but he's always been an ordinary manager. He did nothing to show he deserved to come back to the top flight apart from get sacked from a 3rd division club in Southampton after fucking getting sacked by Charlton Athletic. The fact that he was appointed on a 5 and a half year deal just shows up the horrible pieces of shit that run this club for what they are.

The players would want to win for Pardew if they were getting the contracts they wanted, and most of them still probably do. It's stupid to take Ashley/Llambias' mistakes and blame them on Pardew.

Well, it would be if he wasn't complicit in them Ian, but let's overlook that.

The players would want to win for Pardew if they were getting the contracts they wanted, and most of them still probably do. It's stupid to take Ashley/Llambias' mistakes and blame them on Pardew.

Not resigning over something isn't the same as agreeing with it.

Fair enough, he is agreeing to work with Ashley and Llambias and he should attract whatever criticism you attach to that.

But any manager we have will have to work with this regime, the alternative is constant resignations and chaos. That's why I don't see the point in constantly blaming Pardew.

I'm confused. How do you know he's complicit in them?

Err.......Because he's still here.

If he wasn't complicit in them why the fuck would he stay? He's lost 48% of last seasons goals, a solid captain and the promise of the AC money being re-invested.

If he wasn't complicit do you think he would stay?

Not to mention the bullshit he's pedalling about bore holes and the missing £35m.

I think it's possible in all this to have a more grounded opinion. He's obviously not the best manager in the world, and he's obviously either not telling the full truth or doesn't know the full truth and is telling what he believes to be the truth..... But at the same time, he's doing an already difficult job in extraordinarily difficult circumstances, and on the pitch, he's doing it pretty well for the most part.

Remember in all of this, not one of the players has had a bad word to say about him. It's all been directed at the board.

I remember at the Joey and Nolan talk-ins Joey was saying that he got on very well with Pardew and he was working very hard on his behalf to get him the deal he wanted.

Just saying... just because the owners are idiots, doesn't mean that everyone associated with them has to be tarnished with the same brush.

Look, I know you don't like him. You've made it clear on here for weeks. I'm just telling you what Barton himself said. Whether he was successful or not in his attempts to get Barton the deal is really irrelevant (knowing the men upstairs that he has to deal with). The point I was making is that the players don't seem to dislike him.... and none of the ones who have left or are leaving have said a bad word about him.

Yet.

However, it's been 7 months since Carroll left and 6 weeks since Nolan. Still nothing.....

All I'm saying is if Pardew was a bad and as "part of the cockney mafia" as some people on here and Twitter would have you believe, don't you think we would have heard about it by now.

I should think that people now realise he's got jack all to do with the club, apart from taking names out of a hat every weekend.

So on that basis, how do you think he's done (purely as a football coach / managing the first team)?

Pardew has easily done as well as Hughton.

Not resigning over something isn't the same as agreeing with it.

Fair enough, he is agreeing to work with Ashley and Llambias and he should attract whatever criticism you attach to that.

But any manager we have will have to work with this regime, the alternative is constant resignations and chaos. That's why I don't see the point in constantly blaming Pardew.

If he had any self-respect he wouldn't be here, regardless of the impact on the club - for better or worse for us lot.

Yet.

Pardew has easily done as well as Hughton.

Of course, just look at the legacy he'll leave.

A fucked up team spirit, a squad thats threadbare and a first team that might as well be called 'injury 11'.

So you actually think Pardew wanted to sell Carroll (for example) or is your criticism just that he hasn't resigned in protest?

I think he was incentivised to make money for the club by way of sales and reduction in wage bill Ian.

So you actually think Pardew wanted to sell Carroll (for example) or is your criticism just that he hasn't resigned in protest?

I think he took the job on the understanding that he must sell Carroll.

Guest Chubby Jason

And in turn was more than happy to repeatedly lie in public in regards to keeping him at the club.

I think he was incentivised to make money for the club by way of sales and reduction in wage bill Ian.

Fair enough I suppose, I think he was as surprised about the Carroll sale as anyone else.

Just to clear up though, he surely shouldn't resign over something he knew was going to happen and signed up for, so is your criticism really that he took the job in the first place? Will be hard for us to get any manager that doesn't accept the conditions and restrictions.

Fair enough I suppose, I think he was as surprised about the Carroll sale as anyone else.

Just to clear up though, he surely shouldn't resign over something he knew was going to happen and signed up for, so is your criticism really that he took the job in the first place? Will be hard for us to get any manager that doesn't accept the conditions and restrictions.

I really don't like Pardew but that is being very harsh on him Ian.

And in turn was more than happy to repeatedly lie in public in regards to keeping him at the club.

Yep. Vile snake in the grass.

this thing annoys me, why would the board give him money to do something they're perfectly capable of on their own

this thing annoys me, why would the board give him money to do something they're perfectly capable of on their own

Not without a manager who is complicit in it, they don't want to run the risk of what happened with KK happening again.

When he arrived he said he was going to be the voice of the fans, and banging on Mike's door for investment; he saw that as a big part of his. In January he said "The only positive I can give Newcastle fans is every penny will be re-invested into the team, Mike has assured me and I believe him". Now, after spending 500k, he's saying "People dont realise we've spent a lot of money to get these players in (Ba, Marvaux & Cabaye)"... That does look like leading the fans down a garden path dosent it? Its fairly big u-turn in the space of 4 months.

I was convinced when he was appointed it was purley a 'jobs for the boys' decision, and Hughton was starting to 'demand' too much, trying push the club on. But hearing him talk I thought maybe he's just been really niave, and actually thinks he can do what other's couldnt - get Ashley to back him. But to me, and canny obvious now he was always happy to tow the line for Ashley from day 1, and accept whatever stupid decisions are made. Its also obvious he did know about the job months before (not days before, as he said in his press conference) with him becoming favourite to replace Hughton around October, thats such a random name to be favourite at the time there's got to be something in that, throw in golfmags claims too.

Its a bit of a tricky situation because his repuation as a football manager is on the line, something I think he wants to prove at the same time, but juggling that with accepting whatever Ashley does is becoming harder & harder.