Alan Pardew

JH

So you actually think Pardew wanted to sell Carroll (for example) or is your criticism just that he hasn't resigned in protest?

I think he was incentivised to make money for the club by way of sales and reduction in wage bill Ian.

this thing annoys me, why would the board give him money to do something they're perfectly capable of on their own

It's basically untrue.

Guest Chubby Jason

When he arrived he said he was going to be the voice of the fans, and banging on Mike's door for investment; he saw that as a big part of his. In January he said "The only positive I can give Newcastle fans is every penny will be re-invested into the team, Mike has assured me and I believe him". Now, after spending 500k, he's saying "People dont realise we've spent a lot of money to get these players in (Ba, Marvaux & Cabaye)"... That does look like leading the fans down a garden path dosent it? Its fairly big u-turn in the space of 4 months.

I was convinced when he was appointed it was purley a 'jobs for the boys' decision, and Hughton was starting to 'demand' too much, trying push the club on. But hearing him talk I thought maybe he's just been really niave, and actually thinks he can do what other's couldnt - get Ashley to back him. But to me, and canny obvious now he was always happy to tow the line for Ashley from day 1, and accept whatever stupid decisions are made. Its also obvious he did know about the job months before (not days before, as he said in his press conference) with him becoming favourite to replace Hughton around October, thats such a random name to be favourite at the time there's got to be something in that, throw in golfmags claims too.

Its a bit of a tricky situation because his repuation as a football manager is on the line, something I think he wants to prove at the same time, but juggling that with accepting whatever Ashley does is becoming harder & harder.

He never really had a reputation to worry about. Like I said earlier, his career was in the doldrums before the fat scumbag gave him his ticket back to the big time.

I think it's possible in all this to have a more grounded opinion. He's obviously not the best manager in the world, and he's obviously either not telling the full truth or doesn't know the full truth and is telling what he believes to be the truth..... But at the same time, he's doing an already difficult job in extraordinarily difficult circumstances, and on the pitch, he's doing it pretty well for the most part.

Remember in all of this, not one of the players has had a bad word to say about him. It's all been directed at the board.

I remember at the Joey and Nolan talk-ins Joey was saying that he got on very well with Pardew and he was working very hard on his behalf to get him the deal he wanted.

Just saying... just because the owners are idiots, doesn't mean that everyone associated with them has to be tarnished with the same brush.

And look how well that went.

He's getting found out by more people, more and more each day.

Look, I know you don't like him. You've made it clear on here for weeks. I'm just telling you what Barton himself said. Whether he was successful or not in his attempts to get Barton the deal is really irrelevant (knowing the men upstairs that he has to deal with). The point I was making is that the players don't seem to dislike him.... and none of the ones who have left or are leaving have said a bad word about him.

Yet.

Yes yet. I can't predict the future can I (neither can you by the way  :lol:).

However, it's been 7 months since Carroll left and 6 weeks since Nolan. Still nothing.....

All I'm saying is if Pardew was a bad and as "part of the cockney mafia" as some people on here and Twitter would have you believe, don't you think we would have heard about it by now.

Some people may have believed he had more influence at the time of the AC sale.

I should think that people now realise he's got jack all to do with the club, apart from taking names out of a hat every weekend.

I think everyone realises that his job is basically first team coach.

So on that basis, how do you think he's done (purely as a football coach / managing the first team)?

In my eyes, he's done alright. About the same as Hughton.

Pardew has easily done as well as Hughton.

Of course, just look at the legacy he'll leave.

A f***ed up team spirit, a squad thats threadbare and a first team that might as well be called 'injury 11'.

I thought we had established that Pardew had no control over transfers?  So with a worse team (ie no Carroll) and taking over from a popular manager with the players (too popular perhaps...?), he got results that were certainly as good as Hughton's and played far better football?

I think it's possible in all this to have a more grounded opinion. He's obviously not the best manager in the world, and he's obviously either not telling the full truth or doesn't know the full truth and is telling what he believes to be the truth..... But at the same time, he's doing an already difficult job in extraordinarily difficult circumstances, and on the pitch, he's doing it pretty well for the most part.

Remember in all of this, not one of the players has had a bad word to say about him. It's all been directed at the board.

I remember at the Joey and Nolan talk-ins Joey was saying that he got on very well with Pardew and he was working very hard on his behalf to get him the deal he wanted.

Just saying... just because the owners are idiots, doesn't mean that everyone associated with them has to be tarnished with the same brush.

Look, I know you don't like him. You've made it clear on here for weeks. I'm just telling you what Barton himself said. Whether he was successful or not in his attempts to get Barton the deal is really irrelevant (knowing the men upstairs that he has to deal with). The point I was making is that the players don't seem to dislike him.... and none of the ones who have left or are leaving have said a bad word about him.

Yet.

However, it's been 7 months since Carroll left and 6 weeks since Nolan. Still nothing.....

All I'm saying is if Pardew was a bad and as "part of the cockney mafia" as some people on here and Twitter would have you believe, don't you think we would have heard about it by now.

I should think that people now realise he's got jack all to do with the club, apart from taking names out of a hat every weekend.

So on that basis, how do you think he's done (purely as a football coach / managing the first team)?

A f***ed up team spirit, a squad thats threadbare and a first team that might as well be called 'injury 11'.

I thought we had established that Pardew had no control over transfers?  So with a worse team (ie no Carroll) and taking over from a popular manager with the players (too popular perhaps...?), he got results that were certainly as good as Hughton's and played far better football?

Played far better football when??? Better than sunderland, better than Villa, better than Arsenal, Everton?

You have got to be joking. It was so good in fact, he didn't manage to beat any team above 15th.

Yet.

:lol:

Lose the first 2 games (not a bad bet either tbh) and he'll be under massive pressure from the fans already annoyed about the lies about the investment and seeing good players leave.

Might seem knee-jerk to outsiders but it'll happen.   

The players would want to win for Pardew if they were getting the contracts they wanted, and most of them still probably do. It's stupid to take Ashley/Llambias' mistakes and blame them on Pardew.

Well, it would be if he wasn't complicit in them Ian, but let's overlook that.

I'm confused. How do you know he's complicit in them?

Err.......Because he's still here.

If he wasn't complicit in them why the f*** would he stay? He's lost 48% of last seasons goals, a solid captain and the promise of the AC money being re-invested.

If he wasn't complicit do you think he would stay?

Not to mention the bullshit he's pedalling about bore holes and the missing £35m.

I personally believe his job description to be first team coach (i.e. the footballing side) and as Golfmag suggested, he probably has a remit to reduce the wage bill (and buy cheaper players with big sell on values). On paper, that is something I don't have a problem with.

I don't believe, however, that Pardew in an ideal world would have wanted Barton, Jose, Carroll and Nolan to go. I just think he has little say over which players are the ones to go.

If you want to blame that on him, then that's your right, but personally I find that over the top.

What you need to ask yourself, though is, every manager from now on will be working under the same job description... that much is clear. So by that reckoning, will you hate every manager we have in charge under this regime from now on? If so, you may as well give up now.

From a footballing point of view, I don't see what he has done so wrong.

I think he has no say at all more or less on players and thats left to Carr/Dekka.

The majority of bad feeling on here mind comes from the way he was linked with the job way before Hughton was binned and was a pretty leftfield appointment at the best of times & that shit sticks and rightfully so IMO.

The players would want to win for Pardew if they were getting the contracts they wanted, and most of them still probably do. It's stupid to take Ashley/Llambias' mistakes and blame them on Pardew.

If he wasn't complicit in them why the f*** would he stay? He's lost 48% of last seasons goals, a solid captain and the promise of the AC money being re-invested.

Not to mention the bullshit he's pedalling about bore holes and the missing £35m.

I personally believe his job description to be first team coach (i.e. the footballing side) and as Golfmag suggested, he probably has a remit to reduce the wage bill (and buy cheaper players with big sell on values). On paper, that is something I don't have a problem with.

I don't believe, however, that Pardew in an ideal world would have wanted Barton, Jose, Carroll and Nolan to go. I just think he has little say over which players are the ones to go.

If you want to blame that on him, then that's your right, but personally I find that over the top.

What you need to ask yourself, though is, every manager from now on will be working under the same job description... that much is clear. So by that reckoning, will you hate every manager we have in charge under this regime from now on? If so, you may as well give up now.

I think he has no say at all more or less on players and thats left to Carr/Dekka.

The majority of bad feeling on here mind comes from the way he was linked with the job way before Hughton was binned and was a pretty leftfield appointment at the best of times & that shit sticks and rightfully so IMO.

:pow:

Guest BooBoo

He said a week or two back that he wanted to keep Barton (and Enrique for that matter). Looking forward to the bullshit u-turn he pulls this time.

"I made it clear a few days ago how important I considered Joey to be for us this season. However, since it's been evident that Joey wouoldnt be given a new contract, Joey's not been himself and of course not being able to come to America has left him a bit isolated. He's unhappy with his contract situation and it's unfortunate that he'd made that public on Twitter. That's something that we'll be looking at as well, as whilst I want players interacting with fans, we've seen that Twitter can be a dangerous tool at times. We've made a decision to allow Joey to leave as he's made it clear just how unhappy he is. I was involved in that decision and decided that it's for the best. It's important everybody is on board for this coming season and all things considered it'll be better for Joey if he has a fresh start."

Guest Chubby Jason

Lose the first 2 games (not a bad bet either tbh) and he'll be under massive pressure from the fans already annoyed about the lies about the investment and seeing good players leave.

There would be no point in sacking him since they would just replace him with as even bigger cock end or bring JFK back.

When he arrived he said he was going to be the voice of the fans, and banging on Mike's door for investment; he saw that as a big part of his. In January he said "The only positive I can give Newcastle fans is every penny will be re-invested into the team, Mike has assured me and I believe him". Now, after spending 500k, he's saying "People dont realise we've spent a lot of money to get these players in (Ba, Marvaux & Cabaye)"... That does look like leading the fans down a garden path dosent it? Its fairly big u-turn in the space of 4 months.

I was convinced when he was appointed it was purley a 'jobs for the boys' decision, and Hughton was starting to 'demand' too much, trying push the club on. But hearing him talk I thought maybe he's just been really niave, and actually thinks he can do what other's couldnt - get Ashley to back him. But to me, and canny obvious now he was always happy to tow the line for Ashley from day 1, and accept whatever stupid decisions are made. Its also obvious he did know about the job months before (not days before, as he said in his press conference) with him becoming favourite to replace Hughton around October, thats such a random name to be favourite at the time there's got to be something in that, throw in golfmags claims too.

Its a bit of a tricky situation because his repuation as a football manager is on the line, something I think he wants to prove at the same time, but juggling that with accepting whatever Ashley does is becoming harder & harder.

He never really had a reputation to worry about. Like I said earlier, his career was in the doldrums before the fat scumbag gave him his ticket back to the big time.

Aye dont get me wrong, he's not got the repuation as a top quality manager or anything, though he did show some good signs at West Ham, and I think this job was going to swing things one way or the other as to how people in general rate him. Maybe we'll sign a few players yet, but the wage bill story sounds very close to the mark when you look at how, for example, he seems perfectly accepting that we've not re-invested the money from player sales.

PS. and in hindsight I'm sure clubs all around the country sound out possible replacements (on the quiet) before sacking managers.

Not mongs who've done the sum total of fuck all when you're a premiership club.

His appointment was no coincidence.

I pretty much agree with that top bit apart from I think he has no say at all more or less on players and thats left to Carr/Dekka.

The majority of bad feeling on here mind comes from the way he was linked with the job way before Hughton was binned and was a pretty leftfield appointment at the best of times & that s*** sticks and rightfully so IMO.

Yeah I understand that, and if you look back through my posts to that time, I was annoyed too... but I'm just trying to judge him on the job he's done, which has been OK in my eyes.

I just find it hard to blame episodes like todays on him.

And I do believe he genuinely wanted to keep all said players...but it's not in his control

Totally agree dude. I'll rightfully or wrongfully give him until the end of the season but he surely knew what he was getting into.

I'm still largely of the opinion he is a chancer playing his hand, hence why he's here. Knew he'd get fuck all to work with but its a way of getting his name back into the game when he was pretty much done after his So'ton shenanigans so he had nowt to lose plus he obviously picks up a canny packet for it but is willing to lose his credibility as a result.

Reasonable manager... one of 'them'... will be here until Ashley goes. Probably the most appropriate manager for us considering the infrastructure of the club. We'd go down if he left cos we'd only appoint another Kinnear. It's fortunate (this time) that a decent enough manager has fallen into Ashley's circle of mates, and not another of the aforementioned.

Given the entire process of events, however, there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he's another of the 'Cockney Mafia' (eurgh) circle. Ashley's given him the gig of his life and Pardew's repaying him by obeying.

Any other manager would be gone by the end of the year and you couldn't blame them.

Guest BooBoo

PS. and in hindsight I'm sure clubs all around the country sound out possible replacements (on the quiet) before sacking managers.

That's very true. Many moons ago, NUFC sounded out the man in your avatar whilst Ossie Ardiles was still in the manager's office.

I pretty much agree with that top bit apart from I think he has no say at all more or less on players and thats left to Carr/Dekka.

The majority of bad feeling on here mind comes from the way he was linked with the job way before Hughton was binned and was a pretty leftfield appointment at the best of times & that s*** sticks and rightfully so IMO.

Yeah I understand that, and if you look back through my posts to that time, I was annoyed too... but I'm just trying to judge him on the job he's done, which has been OK in my eyes.

And I do believe he genuinely wanted to keep all said players...but it's not in his control

Totally agree dude. I'll rightfully or wrongfully give him until the end of the season but he surely knew what he was getting into.

I'm still largely of the opinion he is a chancer, hence why he's here. Knew he'd get fuck all to work with but its a way of getting his name back into the game when he was pretty much done after his So'ton shenanigans so he had nowt to lose plus he obviously picks up a canny packet for it but is willing to lose his credibility as a result.

He sold his soul but football has a way of forgiving these arseholes for their pasts.

There would be no point in sacking him since they would just replace him with as even bigger cock end or bring JFK back.

That's the point - he'll walk. Everyone's got their breaking point.

Not mongs who've done the sum total of f*** all when you're a premiership club.

Where did I say it was a coincidence? I didn't agree with the choice of manager, or the manner that he got the job at the time...

But I don't get the blind hatred you're showing towards him, personally.

And you didn't answer my earlier question... Are you going to hate every manager that this club has under this regime, because they are all going to be working under the same remit?

Just asking, because it seems like a lot of hard work when you could just choose to get behind the manager instead.

:thup:

He's only here because he's easy to control an he can talk his way out of anything. Great for PR, and an OK manager. Was never the best man for the job. We don't sign players with a view to improve the team either. We sign them with sell-on value in mind. So depressing. I know football is a business, but there has to be something there beyond just looking to make a profit.

And I do believe he genuinely wanted to keep all said players...but it's not in his control.

Part of the point though, is that he does talk a good game. And some would say doing a good job in his and Ashley's eyes consists of stringing the fans along with that smooth talk. If he knew one of the conditions was to be ok with the wage bill getting trimmed, and generally signing players at low cost, then talking about re-investing the 35m would be knowingly stringing the fans along.

That's the point - he'll walk. Everyone's got their breaking point.

I really don't see why he would. I think he's got it pretty cushy and always will. Unless we're dropping like an absolute stone again (which, in spite of everything, is unlikely imo)... he'll be in the most secure position of his life. Ashley and Co have no motivation for footballing success, so providing we're ticking along with our heads above water (meanwhile balancing the books) - they'll never have a reason to ditch him. Honestly don't reckon fan pressure will come into play any more.

Not mongs who've done the sum total of f*** all when you're a premiership club.

Where did I say it was a coincidence? I didn't agree with the choice of manager, or the manner that he got the job at the time...

But I don't get the blind hatred you're showing towards him, personally.

And you didn't answer my earlier question... Are you going to hate every manager that this club has under this regime, because they are all going to be working under the same remit?

Just asking, because it seems like a lot of hard work when you could just choose to get behind the manager instead.

I hate Pardew and will continue to until he resigns when he's eventually broken by this regime.

I'll also hate his replacement if I deem it appropriate.

He's not worthy of the position he has and I've said that from day one.