Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just before the penalty, he was giving thumbs up to the players..I think he uttered 'Cheik, ur f***ing superb..superb!!!'..

and to see stevie bruce going all bonkers at the Emirates today, makes me think that Pardew brings class to the team throughout..

They can't fucking handle you - he was shouting (I think at Tiote)

Was at Jonas, I think.

Aye, just before they scored iirc.

Just watched motd2 and someone said about Pardew " he has brought calm to Newcastle".

Very true. For all his other qualities he does also have this fantastic calm approach which I'm sure ripples throughout the club.

Really loving Pardew and think he gives us our Best chance in a long long time of achieving something, be that Europe or a cup.

Happy days

It is really nice to see him on the touchline praising his players. In the first half the camera was on him and you could hear him saying to Jonas "Jonas, brilliant, they can't handle you."

He threw in a "f*cking brilliant" in there which had me in stiches.

He's doing such an excellent job, it's going to be really interesting to see how he blends in the technical players now and changes the way we play.

We've built such a great platform and Ben Arfa, Santon and Marveaux can take us to another level.

The kind of football we could be playing in a week or two is just mouthwatering!

Pardew himself must be very excited by the prospect. He sounded like it today when he talked about Ben Arfa "threatening to burst into the team". Really liked that!

This is my favourite quote from him yet, makes me even more optimistic.

'A few of our of our players are fighting for their careers, fighting to develop, fighting to be top players and that makes us dangerous. We're going to be a dangerous side against the top sides as well as everybody else.

Last season there was a big gap between us and the big sides. I think we have narrowed that gap.'

:smitten:

It's been such a refreshing change for a low key appointment to succeed (thus far) at NUFC. On the whole our big name appointments were underwhelming at best and disastrous at worst.

It's been such a refreshing change for a low key appointment to succeed (thus far) at NUFC. On the whole our big name appointments were underwhelming at best and disastrous at worst.

When you contrast our fortunes to Fulham who appointed the bloke I think the vast majority of us wanted back in December when the two were both linked...brilliant stuff.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Wading through some of the reams of negative stuff on the last few match threads has been painful as people judge Alan Pardew's substitutions harshly through the magic of hindsight and / or slag off Shola as if he's the worst player we've ever had.

Hopefully that's going to loosen off a little after both were great for this game...

Tbf I don't think us fans ever really agree on substitutions 90% of the time, even SBR got a lot of stick about them.

Substitutions will always be wrong, no point in expecting opinions to change.

Been said before but people definately go over the top with slating players, the managers job is to hold faith in their ability and Pardews doing it very well.

Some were absolutely destroying Raylor & Pardew for starting him against QPR due to nothing but heinsight. Since then hes made a goalline block against wolves & got an assist against Tottenham (he should have had more than one) to help us to 4 points in 2 games along with keeping the wingers on his side quiet in the 4 games since QPR.

Yet again around we go with Simpson instead now. Because him being part of what has been the best defence in the country means nothing & hes obviously s****. Bit laughable.

I think I actually feel worse when we're doing well than when we're doing shit :lol:

When we're nice and mediocre there's nothing to lose and I can just enjoy the matches.

Now I'm constantly anxious about Pardew walking or Ba's knee falling off or something else ridiculously happening and throwing us into the shitter.