Alan Pardew

JH

coward

Would be winning 8-0 by now if it wasn't for this f***ing coward!

We'd be f***ing fourth in the league if it wasn't for Pardew and his conservative... oh, hang on.

:facepalm:

Wahey, the benefit of hindsight!

If you're gonna make childish little jibes then you have to expect them back tbh.

coward

We'd be f***ing fourth in the league if it wasn't for Pardew and his conservative... oh, hang on.

If you're gonna make childish little jibes then you have to expect them back tbh.

Fuck off man. My point was that Pardew has managed us to a good position in the league. Which he has.

Can't believe he's come out and said he's not disappointed with our performance :lol:. Even said we drew because Wolves were really good

He's come out with some strange stuff lately - esp about 'letting our hair down' against Spurs. Beginning to wonder if he watches the same game(s) as us.

Appreciate that he doesn't want to criticise the team and all, but it's perplexing as to why he's doing little to change things up.

coward

Fuck off man. My point was that Pardew has managed us to a good position in the league. Which he has.

You know full well what you were at, it was a dig at the people who've been getting after him all week for starting Raylor.

I agree he's done well, but people are entitled to criticize him for things they don't like.

So many of Pardew's faults were on display today.  The conservative flat 4-4-2 with absolutely no attacking outlet from midfield constricted our play and forced a defensive mentality on the players in a game that we should be looking to control. 

Using Ryan Taylor on the ride side of midfield caused similar issues.  He is a defensive option that should not be used in games that we are expected to win.  He offers no outlet from the middle third.  He does not have the capacity to beat a man, hug the touch line or cause any uncertainty in the opponents defense.  All of which are exactly what is needed when you are playing at home against a weak, relegation threatened club, who has gone through a week of turmoil.

Then there were the baffling substitution and formation change combinations.  Did he honestly think that adding Guthrie into a midfield 3 would give us a foothold in possession?  Did he seriously assume that dropping a forward was the best course of action whilst continuing to hump balls into the box.  The main culprit of this being Danny 'loft wedge' Simpson, who I actually pity, spraying comically bad, slow looping balls towards Wolves' defence, who inevitably gobbled them up.

Oh and let's not forget his decision to drop Guthrie from the first team, despite the player having been in the form of his life for the last month and a half.  It just does not good for the player, at all.  How he expected him to come off the bench and not be affected is anyone's guess.  Talk about sticking with your favorites.

So where does he go now?  I don't expect much will change to be honest.  We'll see a flat 4-4-2 with no changes to the personnel for the next game.  We will see a direct game, regardless of opposition.  I actually think it would be beneficial if Aston Villa bossed the first 30 minutes or so.  At least that way would instil a mentality in the players that suites the football they are expected to play.  What we really need to see is this man growing some balls.  Accepting that playing an extra attacking option from midfield may put more pressure on the defence on occasion, but at least we will have the personnel on the pitch capable of stretching teams and making them worry about our players.  At least that way, our players might take a winning mentality onto the pitch, whereby they look to control a game and actually beat an opponent outright as opposed to letting them make the first move and trying to react.  Case in point, see the first 5 minutes of our match today again.

What he is doing is good enough to get us to here.  Now he needs to evolve and take note of the criticisms, because they're going to be, at the very least, partially right.  Good luck Alan, I will be backing you.

Well thought out.

I've tried to get on board with him despite the fact that I don't like him and don't rate him but I cannot bear his unbelievably negative approach to the game any longer. He's totally spineless, no worse in that sense than Souness or Allardyce were. The players are a hundred times better than he has them playing, despite the good league position, his substitutions are laughable and he is simply unable to set the team up to create chances.

The worst thing that can happen to us next week is an early goal for either side. Them and we won't open them up, us and he'll tell the players to defend on the six yard line and hoof it clear at every opportunity.

Guest Howaythetoon

This is the real Alan Pardew, who was sacked by a league two side prior to joining us. A defeat to the mackems next week (which is a real possibility) and I'd be massively concerned about our season finale, which could see us peter into mid-table. We are playing awful football and we are conceding goals while struggling to create chances and that's down to our tactics and team selection which is what Pardew gets paid for. Again I'll get criticised for this but fuck it, he has to go in the summer because we'll never evolve and given the players we have, there is no excuse for the football we play, or rather the hoofball. Once again he decides to chose Ryan Taylor ahead of Ben Arfa. The man is clueless. Get rid in the summer.

Obviously people are entitled to criticise him for anything they want, but they should also be giving him credit for the good season we've had. It seems being in the top 10 has suddenly become the accepted norm and now doesn't count for anything, even though at the start it would have been a great achievement.

Despite giving away a two goal lead, which in itself is extremely concerning, we are barely creating any chances. Desperately need to sort this out.

Been a problem most of the season relying on demba.have we really dominated teams enough,really controlled games offensively?not for me and that's due to pardew's philosophy because we have the players

coward

Maybe it's hindsight for you, but lots of people have had this insight before. At half time you (and some others) were creaming yourself saying how it was understandable, maybe even professional to drop deep after going 2-0 up so early, seeing as they had nothing to offer going forward and we hadn't come out of first gear, but we could easily do so when we wanted to. We are not as solid as you like to think when Pardew plays his negative tactics. I can stomach a loss or draw at home to a team like this if we've given it a real go. Today, we simply got a bit lucky early on and decided to sit on it, rather than try to play some proper football from the start and give the fans something to cheer about in a match that really shouldn't have been a major problem for us given we nearly had all our first teamers available against mediocre opposition. Wrong decision. Some could see it from the off, some couldn't.

We were asking for it first half, I thought we might just get away with it but second half once they scored, we just tend to get heads down when that happens. Pardew's change was spot on but mistimed (arguably should have been like that from the start, judging by how we looked after)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why are we playing such boring hoofball? It doesn't even work is what gets me.

If we still had Carroll I could understand the long ball shite, but we're playing it to Demba Ba ffs.

Just because the result went against us, it doesn't mean the first half approach was wrong. We went in at half time very comfortable and 2-0 up. Yes Wolves had had some possession, but it was very poor quality and I bet the Wolves fans would have been much more angry than ours.

It was the second half that really surprised me. Pardew should have taken the opportunity to fire up the players and send them out to get another couple. It didn't happen at all, obviously.

I wasn't creaming myself by the way.

Just because the result went against us, it doesn't mean the first half approach was wrong. We went in at half time very comfortable and 2-0 up. Yes Wolves had had some possession, but it was very poor quality and I bet the Wolves fans would have been much more angry than ours.

It was the second half that really surprised me. Pardew should have taken the opportunity to fire up the players and send them out to get another couple. It didn't happen at all, obviously.

I wasn't creaming myself by the way.

They were unlucky not to have scored, we were giving them chances, not really definition of comfortable to me. They were playing better footy, and the worst thing about the game is they were rubbish. Pretty much every attack we'll play for the rest of the season will be better.

we weren´t good the first half either. it was just that we scored and they didn´t, and that was NOT a result of good play from us.

I know, I didn't say we were. But when two goals dropped into our laps then I don't think the way we reacted was surprising or particularly bad.