Alan Pardew

JH

You can be both very grateful for the job Pardew has done thus far and very annoyed that he isn't improving...  It's easy.

Incorrect! You must be either Pardew's biggest fan (WE'RE SIXTH) or want him sacked immediately. Pick a side.

That's the argument that gets me. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/zuNhJ.png

I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley and Llambias see our current position as being our level and do something at the end of the season if we finish too much lower than where we are now.

If we qualify for Europe, the fans, players and manager will expect investment and we will need it if we are to compete in Europe and maintain this level in the league next year. I don't think this regime have any intention of spending the money required, so it's almost inevitable we'll go backwards.

Guest bimpy474

I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley and Llambias see our current position as being our level and do something at the end of the season if we finish too much lower than where we are now.

If we qualify for European, the fans, players and manager will expect investment and we will need it if we are to compete in Europe and maintain this level in the league next year. I don't think this regime have any intention of spending the money required, so it's almost inevitable we'll go backwards.

What about all that talk of buying all the best talent in Europe though :D

If we qualify for European, the fans, players and manager will expect investment and we will need it if we are to compete in Europe and maintain this level in the league next year. I don't think this regime have any intention of spending the money required, so it's almost inevitable we'll go backwards.

They'll see how Birmingham have done and will think we can do better.  They've just spent around £10 million on Cisse, I think that was like when we were going for promotion and brought in players to make sure we reached our target.

Guest VaVaVoom

In our last 5 league games (QPR, Fulham, Blackburn, Villa, Spurs) before today I cannot recall a single convincing performance. Our form has declined sharply since that Man Utd win. Despite it being a win that Blackburn game was absolutely horrendous- possibly one of the worst showings I've ever witnessed from us, whilst the Spurs game was just a whimper of a 'performance'.

Results are starting to become worryingly inconsistent and Pardew must arrest this problem starting with next week. His team selections and tactical (or lack of) interventions during games are nothing short of mediocre, imo. Thankfully we've had such a good season up until now so we don't have to be looking over our shoulders, but days like today are infuriating and totally unacceptable.

todays team selection, while not what i'd have picked was enough to beat wolves. the tactics of containment and hit on the break were crap.

I totally agree, but why when the game was pegged back to 2-2 were we playing with only one striker up front for 10-15mins? Ridiculous. And why is it that from the start of the 2nd half we played a very deep line when Wolves had little pace to get in behind us? We should have come out with a well focused mentality and look to finish the game off! Whether all of that is down to Pardew or not is debatable, but he should be playing a major role in that. And why Ben Arfa was only given 15 minutes is just something I cant even fathom...

This here is on the money. Spot on.

Ap's tactics at HT fucked us as it has so many times this season and why we have player so shit on a consistent basis.

Im at the the point where i actually have had enough of this shit from AP. I've tried to support and defend but enough is enough....wake the fuck up Alan.

2-0 and we start the seconf half in a defensive manner....seriously...wake the fuck up.

Today we drew but i actually feel worse than the 5-0 or the 5-2 defeats at Spurs and Fulham.

Shit.

Does anyone think anyone decent would work under Ashley yet?

Nobody can answer that, the negatives that Ashley brings will be a negative at every club soon because of the financial fair play.

you mean he may actually be ahead of the game ?

he's a frustrating manager, that guy from espn has got it right,  he said when pardew was at west ham they did not play attractive football , it was direct, hoof long ball, he said that about everyone of pardews teams play the exact same way.

he also said Alan Pardew was a con man, the type that would tell you his teams play attractive football but in actual fact its just direct football.  And also called Pardew an Egomaniac.

skip forward to 12:50

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/61504.html?genre=6;sport=3

Guest bimpy474

Does anyone think anyone decent would work under Ashley yet?

Nobody can answer that, the negatives that Ashley brings will be a negative at every club soon because of the financial fair play.

you mean he may actually be ahead of the game ?

I think he might actually be, but it'll count for feck all if as i suspect, that Uefa dont enforce the rules as they have promoted them.

he's a frustrating manager, that guy from espn has got it right,  he said when pardew was at west ham they did not play attractive football , it was direct, hoof long ball, he said that about everyone of pardews teams play the exact same way.

he also said Alan Pardew was a con man, the type that would tell you his teams play attractive football but in actual fact its just direct football.   And also called Pardew an Egomaniac.

skip forward to 11:33

I agree with that, he talks shit and people take it all in.

Guest bimpy474

he also said Alan Pardew was a con man, the type that would tell you his teams play attractive football but in actual fact its just direct football.   And also called Pardew an Egomaniac.

skip forward to 11:33

I agree with that, he talks shit and people take it all in.

Not on here we dont, we have figured him out ;)

Think there's still a lot of people who think he's playing good football. He plays just as much long ball guff as Fat Sam's Fat Head did, if not more, and he's quickly getting towards the same amount of negativity as he liked too.

Think there's still a lot of people who think he's playing good football. He plays just as much long ball guff as Fat Sam's Fat Head did, if not more, and he's quickly getting towards the same amount of negativity as he liked too.

He was getting loads of stick after the match today, people were blaming the players but he was getting more stick than any individual player.

He was getting loads of stick after the match today, people were blaming the players but he was getting more stick than any individual player.

Buck stops with him ultimately. It's his team, he trains them, he picks them and chooses how to deploy them and replace them as and when. To be 2 up against a relegation team like Wolves and not take 3 points isn't acceptable.

I understand that it doesn't always work out the way it should and poor teams sometimes defy the odds but we should have won today given the state of the game after 20 minutes. 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Still annoyed at the lack of bite he instilled in us to keep pressing and fighting Wolves- we've had a long break after a humiliation in London, why aren't we going out to focus our anger from last time and control proceedings?

I do wonder who we'd end up with if Pardew did get sacked next year (he'd have to be doing a bloody awful job to get booted, like).

Buck stops with him ultimately. It's his team, he trains them, he picks them and chooses how to deploy them and replace them as and when. To be 2 up against a relegation team like Wolves and not take 3 points isn't acceptable.

I understand that it doesn't always work out the way it should and poor teams sometimes defy the odds but we should have won today given the state of the game after 20 minutes. 

I agree.

we have played some good stuff this season but it's got worse as the seasons went on with one or two exceptions. can't blame him for sticking with what's working though, even if i disagree with it. he may be having a rethink after spurs and today mind.