Alan Pardew

JH

in 68 pages has anyone had a single positive thing to say about pardew? 

how do his teams play?  did they play well when getting promoted with WH and then staying up? (i remember them being direct and fit but not long ball, used wide men pretty well, but i didn't see a lot granted)  what were southampton like on the pitch with him in charge?

probably need to create another thread, the back to reality thread for answers to these questions

His West Ham cup-run team seemed to play some attractive football, as did his Reading team. More clinging to the hope that he utilises Carroll in a similar vein to Ashton (who was at times unplayable and didn't even have the raw physical attributes of AC9). Then he had a couple of South American players forced upon him by an ambitious owner...didn't go down very well

Some positive noises coming out of Southampton (he was sacked after winning 4-0 :lol:) but never watched any of the games personally.

The actual appointment...meh. The Hughton fiasco is the disappointing part of it.

Thought you didn't know anything about him?

Anyhoo saints were pretty direct last year but played some decent stuff at times too. Lambert was his Ashton. Although given the comparative clout they had compared to the rest of the division they were always going to be strong.

Seem to remember west ham being very wideman orientated in his time, Newton, Etherington and the likes with two combative midfielders in the middle. 

I'm finding the whole thought of supporting anything  related to Newcastle united at the moment a very hard job

Have you been physically sick, too?

Not yet but I'm hoping that comes when I see Pardew actually walking into SJP as it might get me on Sky sports news lol

Anyhoo saints were pretty direct last year but played some decent stuff at times too. Lambert was his Ashton. Although given the comparative clout they had compared to the rest of the division they were always going to be strong.

Seem to remember west ham being very wideman orientated in his time, Newton, Etherington and the likes with two combative midfielders in the middle.  

He got a lot out of a very ordinary group of players at West Ham, (how many of his first XI still play regular first-team Premiership football?) if we're being charitable I think you could argue that the Mascherano and Tevez fiasco was down to a power struggle between him and the board.

He was pretty much doomed from the start at Charlton, although not coming anywhere near promotion in the Championship for two seasons is pretty much impossible to excuse.

Did a goodish job at Southampton by all accounts.

I think ability wise he's a decent second tier English manager. It's the timing and circumstances that surround his appointment that drive people insane.

My beef is firmly with Mike Ashley. Pardew is just the latest symptom of the terminal disease he has brought to this club.

He was pretty much doomed from the start at Charlton, although not coming anywhere near promotion in the Championship for two seasons is pretty much impossible to excuse.

it's not like, it happens all the time actually

For managers that are in the running for a premiership job?

[His West Ham cup-run team seemed to play some attractive football, as did his Reading team. More clinging to the hope that he utilises Carroll in a similar vein to Ashton (who was at times unplayable and didn't even have the raw physical attributes of AC9). Then he had a couple of South American players forced upon him by an ambitious owner...didn't go down very well

Some positive noises coming out of Southampton (he was sacked after winning 4-0 :lol:) but never watched any of the games personally.

The actual appointment...meh. The Hughton fiasco is the disappointing part of it.

this is all what i thought, and as oldtype said getting a lot out of 'poorer' players - well he's probably at the right place if that's his thing

the ashton/carroll thing is an interesting one too, pardew in that article himself claiming it was losing ashton that fucked the west ham season in reality

anyway we'll see, i'm as disgusted as anyone by what's happened but if pardew comes in and gets the team playing and carroll plays like ashton did under him then i'd like to revisit this thread and look back at some of the reactions

Guest Geordiesned

Just been watching SSN. David Craig seems to think it will be unfortunate if fans start demonstrating and make their feelings known about this, as its a kneejerk reaction. :tickedoff:

Was that before or after wiping Mike Ashley's cum from his top lip?

it's not like, it happens all the time actually

For managers that are in the running for a premiership job?

for teams that go down to not come right back, with or without the same person in the seat..iirc charlton also went into meltdown upon relegation and shit like that doesn't help

look at the number of clubs that stay down vs those that come right back, they're not all ran by bad managers

Annoying anyone else opposition fans churning up the old "deluded Geordies, they think they deserve mourihno". I wouldnt say Newcastle are too big for pardew, it's just the circumstances in which he has been appointed against all logic, I don't care what anyone says, this is a like for like change, the only thing people can bring up in pardews favour is his f.a cup run, and how long has he been a professional manager? Hughton has almost achieved as much as this bloke in a couple of years and he could go on to become even better( granted he could become worse). The beef is with mike Ashley employing his mates :@.

A lot of fans within the premier league are as baffled as us yor right, it must be a minority of fans from his past clubs I've heard on the radio phone ins.

Aye, we all know they prefer the controversial callers to keep people interested.

Luckily I haven't listened to any football radio since this happened, and I won't be for another few weeks either!

Those c***s (Ashley, Llambias and Pardew) were in Aspers last night giving it the big I am!

But...but...but...I thought Saint Alan was just the innocent party caught up in all of this?