Alan Pardew

JH

He's got a good knack of getting the best out of pretty average players. Raylor, Guthrie and Perch have all improved under him.

and Best who was the worst striker ever!!11 before Carroll left.

He has gone from 'that's it, we are relegated' when we replaced Hughton with him to 'that's it we are definitely relegated now we have sold Carroll' to 'that's it we are relegated now we have lost Barton, Nolan and Enrique' to 'that's it I am unhappy with the hoofball despite sitting 8 points above Liverpool and level with Chelsea after 30 games'.

:notbad:  :aww:

Excellent :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

He's got a good knack of getting the best out of pretty average players. Raylor, Guthrie and Perch have all improved under him.

and Best who was the worst striker ever!!11 before Carroll left.

He has gone from 'that's it, we are relegated' when we replaced Hughton with him to 'that's it we are definitely relegated now we have sold Carroll' to 'that's it we are relegated now we have lost Barton, Nolan and Enrique' to 'that's it I am unhappy with the hoofball despite sitting 8 points above Liverpool and level with Chelsea after 30 games'.

:notbad:  :aww:

Excellent :lol:

Is it? Its pathetic.

As for the so-called haters, this is why the likes of myself have been pretty pissed off of late because we know our players are capable performers and capable of playing good football like today not just against WBA but against anyone, week in week out. Today actually puts huge pressure on Pardew because EVERYONE can now see we can play football. There really is no excuse now not to keep playing like this or to at least try. If we do the likes of myself will hold my hands up and doff my cap to Pardew.

I do think, however, today was more of a one off and we'll revert back to the long ball containment football against Liverpool.

WBA were set up very negatively today as well, with one up top effectively. That helped our own good start to the game.

All in all though this is what we can do to team, basically cut through the, score goals and get at them.

Guest ToonZA

Not a Pardew fan due to our fairly regular negative approach to games but today was a refreshing surprise. So credit to Pardew for the team set-up and unleashing our attacking players.

I think our approach, accuracy and intensity shocked WBA and they really could not live with us in the first half.

I really hope this is a tactical and football philosophical turning point for Pardew and the players.

What were the Pardew haters saying about Sir Bobby during his first full season where a team with Solano, Shearer, Lee, Speed, Given were coasting along to 11th in the league?

I was too busy fingering lasses on the back field at school. You?

Not just average players, Ben Arfa is a far more effective player too.

Not that Pardew will be given any credit mind.

We would be winning the league by now if that bottling cunt Pardew played him earlier.

I don't understand you in this thread, Jon. :lol: Who you annoyed with?  Just call them out because posts like that are getting annoying.

I do think Ben Arfa should have had more time on the pitch this season but am glad we're seeing the best of him now.  Goalscoring record's looking very decent as well.  Looks like we need to ensure Ba, Cisse and HBA are on the pitch and furthest forward and not hoof the ball and we'll cause any team problems.  If Pardew understands that then fantastic, today was immensely encouraging and I'd love to see us push on.

Cajun is like an annoying little girl "but sir, but sir", honestly man :lol:

Not just average players, Ben Arfa is a far more effective player too.

Not that Pardew will be given any credit mind.

We would be winning the league by now if that bottling cunt Pardew played him earlier.

Dear me.

I have neither the ability to use the search function or the can be fucked-ness to pull up the relevant posts to quantify but there have been many.

Same as those who wanted Carroll shifted for £4m when Stoke showed an interest, those who would have released Milner for free, 'not wanting to judge but Ba has looked useless so far' or those who thought Best was the worst striker to have ever pulled on a shirt for us.

It is a shame that the memories are so short that I would need to save the links somewhere but as has been shown previously when I have bothered to look for the links it has still ended with "well you said I called him turd but as that post clearly shows I said he was shit so what's your point? :lol:"

At the end of the day Pardew has been beaten with a stick every single time he hasn't played Ben Arfa/subbed Ben Arfa/ commented on Ben Arfa so I along with some others are not expecting any real credit for how he has treated the lad. I just fully expect comments about how the lad should have been played earlier and how it was obvious (and as simple as) playing him instead of Obertan or Raylor would have better.

Sorry :(

Seriously though, HTT you calling someone a little girl? :lol: You piss your pants every time you disagree with a Pardew decision (so every game).

Pards gave us what we've been asking for for  while today, and we showed how good we can be on the attack. With one or two additions at the back for cover / to partner Colo' we could annihilate half the league.

Guest ToonZA

What were the Pardew haters saying about Sir Bobby during his first full season where a team with Solano, Shearer, Lee, Speed, Given were coasting along to 11th in the league?

I was too busy fingering lasses on the back field at school. You?

Thats not nice :D  (The comment I mean, not the "fingering" part  :laugh:)

Guest Howaythetoon

I'll bite...

He was a world-class manager and even though we only finished mid-table, we played some good stuff and there were signs things would improve massively.

Some of the gloating in here is pathetic.  :lol:

Nobody wants us to play poor football, nobody wants Pardew to fail because if he does, we all do.

Some people think we've been playing some negative shit while getting results and I think most who do think we've played some negative shit thought that the current players were capable of better, today we've shown that they are.  Maybe the wrong people are the ones who are actually gloating, just a thought.

The problem isn't the view that we could play better football, it's the disparity between praise and criticism when a good or bad result occurs, and the overwhelming feeling in this thread that some are watching Pardew's every single move and jumping on every minor thing they don't like.

Sometimes you just can't win playing whilst playing great football and have to win ugly, and we have done that when need be. It's all about the bigger picture and getting bogged down in semantics and throwing dirt at the manager because of a few poor performances is really annoying and childish and something which we criticise others for.

I'll bite...

He was a world-class manager and even though we only finished mid-table, we played some good stuff and there were signs things would improve massively.

But at the moment, we're 6th, top 6...SIXTH!

Nobody wants us to play poor football, nobody wants Pardew to fail because if he does, we all do.

Some people think we've been playing some negative shit while getting results and I think most who do think we've played some negative shit thought that the current players were capable of better, today we've shown that they are.  Maybe the wrong people are the ones who are actually gloating, just a thought.

The problem isn't the view that we could play better football, it's the disparity between praise and criticism when a good or bad result occurs, and the overwhelming feeling in this thread that some are watching Pardew's every single move and jumping on every minor thing they don't like.

Sometimes you just can't win playing whilst playing great football and have to win ugly, and we have done that when need be. It's all about the bigger picture and getting bogged down in semantics and throwing dirt at the manager because of a few poor performances is really annoying and childish and something which we criticise others for.

:thup:

I'll bite...

Closer to 4th than we are to 7th, with a team picked up in much worse a state.

Some people think we've been playing some negative s*** while getting results and I think most who do think we've played some negative s*** thought that the current players were capable of better, today we've shown that they are.  Maybe the wrong people are the ones who are actually gloating, just a thought.

O0

I'll bite...

In a much worse state? Really? We may have had better players, but we were at the bottom end of the table with morale at its lowest.

Some people think we've been playing some negative s*** while getting results and I think most who do think we've played some negative s*** thought that the current players were capable of better, today we've shown that they are.  Maybe the wrong people are the ones who are actually gloating, just a thought.

It's all about the bigger picture and getting bogged down in semantics and throwing dirt at the manager because of a few poor performances is really annoying and childish and something which we criticise others for.

A holistic approach...something we have needed for years....

He gets praise when things he does work, he's getting praise today but some are trying to find an argument even when we've played well and won, explain that one.  :lol:

In a much worse state? Really? We may have had better players, but we were at the bottom end of the table with morale at its lowest.

We'd also finished 13th twice in the league and looked in danger of going down.

I'll bite...

Gullit was to blame for morale, we'd gone something like 5 games and at the bottom with star players left out due to a manager vendetta. Robson fixed that within 3 games. Whereas the team Pardew had inherited had just got out of the Championship.

I'm not saying Pardew is better than Sir Bobby by the way, but I am saying that people are more willing to stick the knife in despite obvious signs of progress.

Funny thing is too that it seems to be the same posters who are always stubborn about everything.

We'd also finished 13th twice in the league and looked in danger of going down.

Yup. There was real concern under Dalglish that we could have went down.

I'll bite...

Gullit was to blame for morale, we'd gone something like 5 games and at the bottom with star players left out due to a manager vendetta. Robson fixed that within 3 games. Whereas the team Pardew had inherited had just got out of the Championship.

I'm not saying Pardew is better than Sir Bobby by the way, but I am saying that people are more willing to stick the knife in despite obvious signs of progress.

Funny thing is too that it seems to be the same posters who are always stubborn about everything.

What's funny is that this forum didn't even exist then so fuck knows where you're getting the comparison from.