Your support from this point on

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now pardew is appointed manager we might as well get behind him as anything else is counterproductive.

Wrong way round - getting behind this disgrace is counter-productive. You might think Pardew as a guy is ok, I have reasons for disagreeing but never mind that - if he is decent he'll just get screwed, just like Hughton, just like Keegan, just like our club, just like you.

I think everybody can see he has been talking to Newcastle Hierarchy behind Hughtons back for the past few weeks. The man is a snake in the grass and should be kicked out of the LMA (if that's possible).

I think that too but Brazilianbob doesn't seem to and I'm here to make allies, not enemies. Anyone who thinks Pardew is alright himself must be told that even if he is he's obviously not going to be allowed to be a success, just like his predecessors.

Guest Kenton Magpie

I'll support the lads from afar via television and radio till this vermin finally does one, can't pump anymore money into the clubs pockets while I know its filling his bank account

Guest toonlass

Never thought I wouldn't renew but seriously considering it now. If it wasn't for my loyalty points the decision would be a lot easier. Having said that, I would really hate missing games but I just don't know how I can justify giving this crook my money anymore which he's using to wreck my club.

Torn. :undecided:

Same here.

Me three.

Guest Geordiesned

Dunno what this says about me but I bought my Birmingham ticket yesterday :lol:

Away match so Ashley won't see a penny of that.

I'll support the lads from afar via television and radio till this vermin finally does one, can't pump anymore money into the clubs pockets while I know its filling his bank account

Like I said earlier, you could maybe turn out at the ground for a couple of hours and loudly show the team who've given us more to be proud of than we've had in years that you support them, I reckon a lot of them will hate him as much as you and appreciate you showing you're with them from afar only because of Ashley. Won't cost a penny and would be a great statement.

He'll still benefit financially from that though, TV money? ???

Never thought I wouldn't renew but seriously considering it now. If it wasn't for my loyalty points the decision would be a lot easier. Having said that, I would really hate missing games but I just don't know how I can justify giving this crook my money anymore which he's using to wreck my club.

Torn. :undecided:

Same here.

Me three.

Support your club, steer clear of Ashley.

He'll still benefit financially from that though, TV money? ???

Lot more indirect, and not enough on it's own to keep Ashley alive.* Also harder for us to affect in anything like the near future. By all means, you can cancel Sky though :lol:

*offal prices are going up

Guest michaelfoster

I will be continuing on as normal.

At the end of the day when you support a football team you sign up for the highs and lows. Ashley will be gone one day and things will be better, thats the way it is. There is no way I could possible turn a blind eye to Newcastle. When they are playing I couldnt ignore the game and not check up on it/watch it etc. I would also miss going over to Newcastle as well. Right now we are at rock bottom and it certainly doesnt feel like our club anymore but times will change eventually.

This

At the end of the day when you support a football team you sign up for the highs and lows. Ashley will be gone one day and things will be better, thats the way it is. There is no way I could possible turn a blind eye to Newcastle. When they are playing I couldnt ignore the game and not check up on it/watch it etc. I would also miss going over to Newcastle as well. Right now we are at rock bottom and it certainly doesnt feel like our club anymore but times will change eventually.

To be fair, and not having a go, but your normal support is not giving any (very much) money to Ashley anyway. By and large what I think people should do is virtually what you're doing already. Nobody has to pretend the club doesn't exist, I would just say we should make sure we don't do anything which is likely to harm the club like giving Ashley your money. Apart from that, going to the ground, showing your support, following on the radio, getting autographs of players, its all good. Would encourage someone to buy us, too, so it's brilliant.

I've said elsewhere, one of the reasons I'm concerned is that I think there's a really good chance that Ashley won't be gone any day soon. If other people who do give Ashley their money carry on as normal, I think he's gonna have no reason he cares about to go and possibly a lot of reasons to stay. Stay long enough to renew Pardew's contract.

You signed up to support the club through highs and lows, that means you don't abandon us for Chelsea, not that you have to help the man who is killing the club - it's literally the opposite.

This club has supporters that are too passionate. Myself being one. I hate to say it like butn we do. It isn't cringeworthy or stupid to suggest this is our religion - it's just a realism in the nature of our country, god's country.

The poll in this thread really highlights the 'foreign/fairweather fans' on this board :lol:

We had Graeme f***ing Souness steadfastly destroy almost everything we loved about the club under SBR. Yet, this is the 'final straw' for many people on here. :dowiespin:

Presumably you'd never heard of NUFC a decade ago?

I actually burst out laughing when I read this it's so pathetic.

You may as well have put up a big sign saying 'wind up, please reply as many times as possible here'.

I have not been posting on the site for some time for several reasons and I won't be doing so on a regular basis again, but for what its worth, here is my 5p worth.

Hughton - was unlucky with injuries to HBA and suspensions for Barton and Coloccini because of their own stupid behaviour. Had these events not occurred, it would have been more difficult for Ashley to fire him.

Having said that, the results against teams like Blackpool, Stoke and Wigan at SJP were very disappointing and the debacle at Bolton was probably what decided his fate...the WBA game also underlined the problems because they outplayed us. OK, we had a weakened side through susps and injuries, but it has to be remembered that we failed to beat them in 3 attempts last season and overall, they have looked a more consistent side than NUFC this season. Don't forget, we were supposed to be the better side AND club...

It is hard to pinpoint the main flaws that Ashley and Co were seeing in Hughton unless they felt he was too close to the players - and that may well have been true, but to come to the crux of the matter, it is inexplicable why they chose to fire him for someone like Pardew, and that is another reason why I have waited to respond because I wanted to see who they were bringing in instead.

Had it been Jol or MON, you could have seen some logic in the decision ; the Transfer window was coming up, results starting to tail off, unconvincing home record etc., fear of relegation and the 2 managers mentioned would have probably been acceptable to most fans in view of the reasons Ashley gave for firing Hughton.....to appoint a manager like Pardew who has a poor record when compared to those 2, and looks no better(maybe worse) than Hughton, defies belief - even at NUFC.

It may be that Pardew wipes egg on to everyone's face by doing well - but I wouldn't put a brass farthing on it. The worrying thing is that he has been given a 5 year deal which indicates Ashley is in for the long haul so nothing is going to change anytime soon. I will be surprised if Pardew is still at SJP in 3 years time frankly, so there is likely to be even more upheaval in the future.

Despite over-emotional reactions by some fans, I can see SOME logic in Ashley's aims ; Not giving managers open-ended deals, not wanting to pay massive(and undeserved) compensation if they are fired for failure, not wanting to give money-grabbing has-beens a final big pay day at NUFC's expense and bringing through young players ...these are all decent policies. The problem, as ever with this guy, is that he has a blinkered view of business because he got lucky by launching his at a time when credit was easy and people were happy to spend. His retail policy does NOT stand up in NUFC's current situation - Newcastle, above everything else, MUST stay in the PL ; refusing to sign the players that will keep the club up for a couple of seasons until youngsters are ready is just plain stupidity. Ashley, as he has demonstrated on several occasions, esp at NUFC, is above all a chancer...he is chancing his luck again by his actions now. Young players are getting harder and harder to obtain because a) there are fewer of them and b) because of that, they are chased by all the top clubs and have their choice of where to go.

After all the hullabaloo at NUFC, it is hard to see any  decent kid outside of Tyneside wanting to go there, esp if their parents advise them against so that aspect of Ashley's policy will be ever harder to realise.

Getting good players to join the club will also be hard, esp if relegation occurs again this season.

I am a long way from England now, so my actions are decided for me -those living locally face a choice - you can either hide behind the 'loyalty' thing, swallow the bitter pills Ashley keeps giving out and keep going to SJP - that way, he laughs all the way to the bank(and probably laughs at the fans in the same way that Shepherd and DH did back in the 90s).

OR...you can do the only thing that will hurt him, and that is not to buy STs, Club merchandise etc. You CAN always go to an individual game because there will be NO shortage of seats after all this. This is the action I and many others took back in the 80s when we wanted McKeag & Co out and it eventually worked. Ashley has much more dosh than they did, but he doesn't like losing it and if the club starts faltering, lose it he will.

Until Bobby Robson went, there was a 20,000 waiting list for STs - now there is NOBODY on that waiting list so the club has lost at least 20,000 fans in 10 years. No business can afford to keep doing that and NUFC are no different.

These choices are down to individuals - I am a bit of a demanding character, and I don't like being conned, so its easy for me to cut off anything which I see as a scam - NUFC is almost that, so its your decision and your money. I gave up much of my personal time in the 80's/90s to help bring change to NUFC so nobody can accuse me of lack of loyalty - but I refuse to be conned by anyone, least of all a chancer like Ashley.

So there it is - maybe Pardew is the next Bill Shankly ....unfortunately, looking at the comments from supporters of his former clubs, it is more likely that he will be the next Sven...esp in the female department.

I wish you guys luck - there have been unpopular appointments at SJP before bit this ranks with the worst of them, as does the Board and owner so you have to hope that it will work out against the odds.

Somehow, I don't think I'll be flying over from Oz to see a Cup Final any time soon.....I now know how all the old guys I met back in 69 who had stopped going after the late 50s....

To be fair, and not having a go, but your normal support is not giving any (very much) money to Ashley anyway. By and large what I think people should do is virtually what you're doing already. Nobody has to pretend the club doesn't exist, I would just say we should make sure we don't do anything which is likely to harm the club like giving Ashley your money. Apart from that, going to the ground, showing your support, following on the radio, getting autographs of players, its all good. Would encourage someone to buy us, too, so it's brilliant.

I've said elsewhere, one of the reasons I'm concerned is that I think there's a really good chance that Ashley won't be gone any day soon. If other people who do give Ashley their money carry on as normal, I think he's gonna have no reason he cares about to go and possibly a lot of reasons to stay. Stay long enough to renew Pardew's contract.

You signed up to support the club through highs and lows, that means you don't abandon us for Chelsea, not that you have to help the man who is killing the club - it's literally the opposite.

Like the nuance you explained  :thup:

The poll in this thread really highlights the 'foreign/fairweather fans' on this board :lol:

We had Graeme f***ing Souness steadfastly destroy almost everything we loved about the club under SBR. Yet, this is the 'final straw' for many people on here. :dowiespin:

You may as well have put up a big sign saying 'wind up, please reply as many times as possible here'.

Dickhead.

No need for the aggression just because others have a different opinion from you. Grow up

I have not been posting on the site for some time for several reasons and I won't be doing so on a regular basis again, but for what its worth, here is my 5p worth.

Hughton - was unlucky with injuries to HBA and suspensions for Barton and Coloccini because of their own stupid behaviour. Had these events not occurred, it would have been more difficult for Ashley to fire him.

Having said that, the results against teams like Blackpool, Stoke and Wigan at SJP were very disappointing and the debacle at Bolton was probably what decided his fate...the WBA game also underlined the problems because they outplayed us. OK, we had a weakened side through susps and injuries, but it has to be remembered that we failed to beat them in 3 attempts last season and overall, they have looked a more consistent side than NUFC this season. Don't forget, we were supposed to be the better side AND club...

It is hard to pinpoint the main flaws that Ashley and Co were seeing in Hughton unless they felt he was too close to the players - and that may well have been true, but to come to the crux of the matter, it is inexplicable why they chose to fire him for someone like Pardew, and that is another reason why I have waited to respond because I wanted to see who they were bringing in instead.

Had it been Jol or MON, you could have seen some logic in the decision ; the Transfer window was coming up, results starting to tail off, unconvincing home record etc., fear of relegation and the 2 managers mentioned would have probably been acceptable to most fans in view of the reasons Ashley gave for firing Hughton.....to appoint a manager like Pardew who has a poor record when compared to those 2, and looks no better(maybe worse) than Hughton, defies belief - even at NUFC.

It may be that Pardew wipes egg on to everyone's face by doing well - but I wouldn't put a brass farthing on it. The worrying thing is that he has been given a 5 year deal which indicates Ashley is in for the long haul so nothing is going to change anytime soon. I will be surprised if Pardew is still at SJP in 3 years time frankly, so there is likely to be even more upheaval in the future.

Despite over-emotional reactions by some fans, I can see SOME logic in Ashley's aims ; Not giving managers open-ended deals, not wanting to pay massive(and undeserved) compensation if they are fired for failure, not wanting to give money-grabbing has-beens a final big pay day at NUFC's expense and bringing through young players ...these are all decent policies. The problem, as ever with this guy, is that he has a blinkered view of business because he got lucky by launching his at a time when credit was easy and people were happy to spend. His retail policy does NOT stand up in NUFC's current situation - Newcastle, above everything else, MUST stay in the PL ; refusing to sign the players that will keep the club up for a couple of seasons until youngsters are ready is just plain stupidity. Ashley, as he has demonstrated on several occasions, esp at NUFC, is above all a chancer...he is chancing his luck again by his actions now. Young players are getting harder and harder to obtain because a) there are fewer of them and b) because of that, they are chased by all the top clubs and have their choice of where to go.

After all the hullabaloo at NUFC, it is hard to see any  decent kid outside of Tyneside wanting to go there, esp if their parents advise them against so that aspect of Ashley's policy will be ever harder to realise.

Getting good players to join the club will also be hard, esp if relegation occurs again this season.

I am a long way from England now, so my actions are decided for me -those living locally face a choice - you can either hide behind the 'loyalty' thing, swallow the bitter pills Ashley keeps giving out and keep going to SJP - that way, he laughs all the way to the bank(and probably laughs at the fans in the same way that Shepherd and DH did back in the 90s).

OR...you can do the only thing that will hurt him, and that is not to buy STs, Club merchandise etc. You CAN always go to an individual game because there will be NO shortage of seats after all this. This is the action I and many others took back in the 80s when we wanted McKeag & Co out and it eventually worked. Ashley has much more dosh than they did, but he doesn't like losing it and if the club starts faltering, lose it he will.

Until Bobby Robson went, there was a 20,000 waiting list for STs - now there is NOBODY on that waiting list so the club has lost at least 20,000 fans in 10 years. No business can afford to keep doing that and NUFC are no different.

These choices are down to individuals - I am a bit of a demanding character, and I don't like being conned, so its easy for me to cut off anything which I see as a scam - NUFC is almost that, so its your decision and your money. I gave up much of my personal time in the 80's/90s to help bring change to NUFC so nobody can accuse me of lack of loyalty - but I refuse to be conned by anyone, least of all a chancer like Ashley.

So there it is - maybe Pardew is the next Bill Shankly ....unfortunately, looking at the comments from supporters of his former clubs, it is more likely that he will be the next Sven...esp in the female department.

I wish you guys luck - there have been unpopular appointments at SJP before bit this ranks with the worst of them, as does the Board and owner so you have to hope that it will work out against the odds.

Somehow, I don't think I'll be flying over from Oz to see a Cup Final any time soon.....I now know how all the old guys I met back in 69 who had stopped going after the late 50s....

One of the best post I've read on the forum  :thup:

Dickhead.

No need for the aggression just because others have a different opinion from you. Grow up

I would hardly call that 'aggression', but it was uncalled for so it's been removed.

excellent post sir.

I hope Pardew proves a revelation, I really do. I only want what's best for Newcastle.

However it's extremely unlikely because the odds are stacked against him. Hughton would have had it tough with a weakened squad and tough December fixtures, but he would have had the fans and players behind him and everyone pulling in one direction. All teams go through a few bad games or a bad patch, but with January around the corner and Harper, Gosling and later Ben Arfa back, you sense it would have picked up again. Instead Pardew goes into the game with an even weaker hand and the chances of our season spiralling out of control have increased dramatically.

Despite always wanting the team to do well I believe the club should be boycotted until the owner is gone, for the long term good of the club. Whatever Pardew might achieve in the short term, he will always be operating under the restrictions imposed by Ashley. His sudden sacking could come at any time, boardroom interference, low transfer funds, undermined by his bosses and so on. When (not if) he is sacked, a poor replacement will come in because as Pardew admitted himself in the interview, other managers called him mad for going and working under Ashley.

It is hard to support the first team yet try to unseat the owner. Massive negativity will affect the team in the short term. The question is, is it a price worth paying to get rid of the owner and roll the dice again on a new owner coming in? Another relegation is very possible, but what good is survival when the club will always be run like this?

Thanks for that - a pity I had to make the post anyway..!

I remember the whole 'Supporters for Change' thing, back in 89/90. Think a couple of lads on here were involved - possibly Merlin and Ian W? Some stayed away from games, as the war between McKeag and Sir John Hall intensified. I was only 16/17 at the time and not mature enough to realize properly what was going on, as I still went to every home game. Now 20 years on, I know better. As for the clueless like Stu above.... *shakes head*

Yes, you are quite correct BG - see my post later in the thread.

As it happens, I was involved with the Magpie Group so had even more reason to get the old board out.

On the day the fans finally turned on Mckeag and Co during the match with Coventry late in 1988, I was on my way back from Edinburgh after racing up there that morning to beat McKeag's rep to a shareholder so John Hall could get those shares ; there were about 6 of us doing similar things...

I missed the game(we lost 0-3) but we got the shares...and that was another step to getting McKeag out so it was well worth it in my opinion.

You cannot achieve anything without some sacrifice - no pain, no gain !

As for those who try to look down on those of us who are prepared to do without going to SJP for the long term good...well, you did right to shake your head and frankly, blind unquestioning loyalty of the 'King's new clothes' variety is one of the reasons I am cutting back on postings.

More to do than listen to the rattle of empty cans...too old for that now !

Thanks for that - a pity I had to make the post anyway..!

Cracking post!!

having calmed down and had time to take stock and rationalise the situation, I am still of the opinon that starving Ashley of funds is the only way in which to force him out. The ultimate aim IMO is to rid the club of Ashley, regardless of what league we are in.

Would love to see a proper campaign threatening boycott if Ashley fails to sell the club by the end of the season, almost a 'leave the club or we're not coming back' campaign which threatens a serious dent to his balance sheet from next season if he is still here. Just venting my opinion, it maybe worthless it channels my frustration.